Transgender in Iran

In many cases they did. To not be deemed as competition to an Emperor/Sultan, gave one a prestigious position in the court of a ruler.

However the Ayatollah is clearly in the wrong here since Islam discourages body mutilation. The human body is seen as Allah's creation and any modifications are seen as going against Allah's will.

https://wiki.bme.com/index.php?title=Islam

Islam doesnt discourages body mutilation for medical purposes.

I dont disagree that Islam is generally more backwards in most cases, but one has to wonder, whether thats because of progressivism in western societies, it seems that if right-wingers were given free reign society would be just as shitty for said groups in the west too.
There would be a lot more patriarchal tyranny of the majority type of stuff, agreed. Thank god for bill of rights, and other such documents.

I don't get the thread. Who ever claimed transgenderism was "made up", or that they don't exist in other countries? I've never seen that.

It's a globally recognized disorder. The debate is about whether we should use traditional theraputic/psychiatric treatments or encourage permanent transitions despite high regret/suicide rates.

The current prevailing view is that we should attempt traditional psychiatric treatment for gender dysphoria and look for underlying causes/comorbidities, and if those don't work and the person is in a great deal of suffering, facilitate their transition.

Where it really gets sick is parents who think they're being "trendy and progressive" pressuring their non-dysphoric child into trying out life as the opposite gender. That is a bizarre form of abuse and probably not going on in most countries.

Last edited:
There would be a lot more patriarchal tyranny of the majority type of stuff, agreed. Thank god for bill of rights, and other such documents.

Bill of rights can be subverted by society, 14th didnt prevented women from being denied their right to vote, or segregation.

And this body mutilation addresses the issue, how? Are men being turned into women?

Coupled with hormone therapy? yes, it does allows them to live like women among society.

Bill of rights can be subverted by society, 14th didnt prevented women from being denied their right to vote, or segregation.
No, but it was the basis on which those exclusions were challenged. As in, the framework was already in place.

By my understanding, anyways. I'm hardly an expert on constitutional law, and how that document was applied in those particular cases. Damn my Canadianness!

Coupled with hormone therapy? yes, it does allows them to live like women among society.

A transgender man can fulfill the role of a male if his body is not mutilated.

A transgender man can never fulfill the role of a female even if his body is mutilated. And it ceases to serve its original function.

I cannot see any argument in favour of this mutilation process actually improving or retaining the qualities of "Allah's creation". I'd say the Sharia law sets a clear standard on this issue. Any attempts at man playing God by trying to modify the human body, are seen as Satanic practises.

Ayatollah Khomeini was a false idol.

So telling someone he is worse than shit means shit is good?

Im saying that right-wingers are more backwards than Islamists when it comes to trans people, thats not saying Islamists are progressives.

A transgender man can fulfill the role of a male if his body is not mutilated.

A transgender man can never fulfill the role of a female even if his body is mutilated. And it ceases to serve its original function.

I cannot see any argument in favour of this mutilation process actually improving or retaining the qualities of "Allah's creation". I'd say the Sharia law sets a clear standard on this issue. Any attempts at man playing God by trying to modify the human body, are seen as Satanic practises.

Ayatollah Khomeini was a false idol.

A male with the brain of a woman cant fulfill the role of a male, more than you could fulfill the role of a woman if you woke up one day with a snatch and tits.

A male with the brain of a woman cant fulfill the role of a male, more than you could fulfill the role of a woman if you woke up one day with a snatch and tits.

Transgender men do not have a female brain. And he could still reproduce with a female, even if he did.

Most people I know that had temporary delusions of "gender dysphoria", were psychotics. Nothing to do with their physical attributes.

So telling someone he is worse than shit means shit is good?

Im saying that right-wingers are more backwards than Islamists when it comes to trans people, thats not saying Islamists are progressives.
Perhaps my reading comprehension is too infantile but i cannot understand your first sentence.

What im saying is that picking and choosing a stance that comes from a lunatic theocratic regime because you happen to agree with them isn't exactly a good (nor wise) barometer to use for what is NOT backwards. Like congratulations, you have views inline with complete nut cases who basically use women as shrouded fuck toys. They probably don't have a problem transforming potential dissenters into useless fleshlights for their amusement anyways. Less conflict, more poontang. Win-win.

I don't know what it is about the trans debate that makes otherwise intelligent people throw logic out the window. Just accept that some men want to be women without ignoring common sense.

47879431.cached.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

483765806.jpg

Back