Transgender Hannah Mouncey Allowed Entry into Australian Football Leugue

Edit: Updated post #129

Friends it is time to march in the streets because the Australians have denied 6'3 220 lb Hannah Moucey her god given right to play with her fellow women. IThe liberals are beginning to pick each other a part friends. I am just glad a girl did not have to get seriously injured for the AFL to finally see sense.

How big of a deal is this in your homeland Rupert.
This below is not a women.

oxDcXh9.jpg

https://archive.fo/AGhRA#selection-2521.0-2691.206
So what? How does this effect us?

Why can't we just say that sports are divided by sex, not gender? It's the weirdest thing to me.

Its only a matter of time before the feminists and transgenderists declare war on each other over things like this.

Its going to be absolutely brutal.

Can't wait.

These groups (or rather elements of them or specific individuals, since the groups are actually really varied) have been debating such for a long time.

There were instances early in the gay rights movement to exclude “cross-dressers” for various reasons (including worrying about being negatively effected by the negative image the greater public had of such people) and feminists have had a problem with “trans-sexuals” for along time (or rather distinct problems with both sexes version of it).

The thing holding them all together is their shared identity as “the Othered” or outsiders, but as some parts become more accepted it’s more and more difficult to hold that position and your large and varied group starts to turn on you, which is happening with regards to gay white men currently.

Basically, if you are part of one of these groups and see the purpose of it to be to bring everyone up or into the accepted mainstream, you will be eventually booted by those whose identitiy is predicated on being an outsider, and who don’t so much want to be included in the society as establish their own society as a replacement and force other’s inclusion/adoption of it.

Now that’s obviously just my perception of it.

Why can't we just say that sports are divided by sex, not gender? It's the weirdest thing to me.

Seems an easy idea, right? Because Sex is a biologically determined thing and Gender is a socially constructed set of expected behaviours and cultural norms. So if that were consistently held to, that would be the solution.

But it’s not consistently held to. A Trans-Gendered (notice it’s no longer transsexual for the above reasons) person could easily be so and change absolutely nothing about themselves or their lives. After all, if I am a biological male (and biology is settled and separate from gender) and I gender-identify as female, that means I identify with an entirely subjective concept that can be anything I want (though my society may have a differing set of wants/expectations), but what happens in practice is that I would identify as female and the subjective view of female gender, while it includes things like length of hair, clothing and makeup, also includes an expectation of biology.

So, you can’t use a “separate but equal” argument where I am regarded as being viewed as socially/subjectively female but biologically/objectively male, because the social expectation for being a female is BEING female, and being excluded by or from any social construct (bathrooms, sports, etc) is not recognizing the reality of my non-biological gender identification.

I hope that makes some sense (or rather, I hope it makes sense that it makes no sense), i’m on my phone and have trouble organizing my thoughts on a small screen which is hard to edit.

That low budget version of Fabio wearing a dress is going to fucking kill some women on the field.

Sadly a serious injury of some sort is what it'll probably take before people wise up and take a stand against this crap.

Seems an easy idea, right? Because Sex is a biologically determined thing and Gender is a socially constructed set of expected behaviours and cultural norms. So if that were consistently held to, that would be the solution.

But it’s not consistently held to. A Trans-Gendered (notice it’s no longer transsexual for the above reasons) person could easily be so and change absolutely nothing about themselves or their lives. After all, if I am a biological male (and biology is settled and separate from gender) and I gender-identify as female, that means I identify with an entirely subjective concept that can be anything I want (though my society may have a differing set of wants/expectations), but what happens in practice is that I would identify as female and the subjective view of female gender, while it includes things like length of hair, clothing and makeup, also includes an expectation of biology.

So, you can’t use a “separate but equal” argument where I am regarded as being viewed as socially/subjectively female but biologically/objectively male, because the social expectation for being a female is BEING female, and being excluded by or from any social construct (bathrooms, sports, etc) is not recognizing the reality of my non-biological gender identification.

I hope that makes some sense (or rather, I hope it makes sense that it makes no sense), i’m on my phone and have trouble organizing my thoughts on a small screen which is hard to edit.

You're saying that recognizing the biological barrier undermines the entire point of transgenderism? I kinda chalk that up as a tough cookies scenario. I think we as a society have made pretty good leaps in the last few years of allowing people a wide view of their identity. However, there have to be rules, and one of those should be not allowing genetic males to play women's sports. Is it more unfair to tell them no, or to allow them to use their genetic advantages to succeed against female competition? I really don't care about the bathroom thing, though I can see scenarios where it would be problematic, but I think we have let a lot of things about the movement slide without asking too many scientific and moral questions.

Not only have we not asked these questions, those asking such questions have been intentionally silenced, occasionally through entirely deceitful means.

I agree entirely about the “tough cookies” in sports, but that absolutely reasonable argument will make zero headway with supporters.

If we assume that there are biological differences between every individual, and then accept that trans-women ARE women because *trans-argument*, then any biological and athletic difference between a trans-woman and a woman is no different than that between two normal women.

Additionally, while the argument that it is MORE fair for one person to be excluded than for their inclusion to lead to a less fair experience for all is reasonable, the “outsider” perspective of all of this specifically sees any pressure by the in-group/society as something to be overcome. Afterall, if current sport is an expression of the cis-white-male patriarchy then there is no loss in upending it. Additionally, if female proponents of women’s sport speak out about it, they are aligning themselves with said patriarchy and lose their status in-group, meaning the only vocal group opposing trans-women in women’s sports are individuals of the cis-white-male distinction.

<Huh2>

Is this a fuckin trolljob or what? How many once-respectable media outlets will debase themselves over trans issues? This isn't even funny, it's sad.

mother of god this is some serious bullshit

Back