Transgender fighters

bolly32

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
With transgender athletes slowly but surely appearing in sports, do you think it'll be a matter of time before this affects the UFC?(there's already a trans pro fighter - look up Fallon Fox)

In 2004, the International Olympic Committee adopted a set of rules that outlined the requirement for a transgender athlete to compete, a set of guidelines that requires surgery and at least two years of hormone therapy. But thus far, the Olympics has yet to see a transgender athlete compete in a combat sport, such as boxing. White said he’ll likely use the IOC’s precedent – whenever it’s ultimately set – as a guiding principle.

Curious to hear your guys opinions. Do you feel that transgender UFC fighters are a possibility? If so, do you think that the IOC's guidelines would provide a level playing field?

116_Gabi_Garcia.0.0.jpg

We have a couple more that are borderline right now...

It'd be great transgendered athletes within the UFC. It would show diversity and ambition to change people's perception.

I for one support the idea - whether it be a transgendered division or not, it can work.

The day a transgender fights in the UFC in either a Women's or Men's division, is the day the whole sport becomes a sham and is delegitimatised.

In b4 wasteland and Cyborg jokes.

It'd be great transgendered athletes within the UFC. It would show diversity and ambition to change people's perception.

I for one support the idea - whether it be a transgendered division or not, it can work.
You'd be ok with your daughter fighting Fallon fox?

Fuck no. Men born men will never be women, no matter how many surgeries they get and how many hormones they take. There is a reason why you don't see successful Woman athletes that became man but the other way is very common. A bunch of guys breaking records in women's sports.

Let them create their own league.

I won't care unless it's a 115 lbs female transitioning and becoming a 230+ lbs male.

I don't mind if transgendered athletes compete in the UFC, so long as they compete in the division of their biological sex. I know that hurts feelings, but this is prizefighting. More than feelings get hurt.

If there is a Transgender division then it's all good, but I don't want to see men fighting women and women fighting men.

I don't care whether you get a sex change or not, if you were once a male, you carry permanent advantages, such as bone density, muscle mass, etc...No amount of "augmentation" changes that.

I don't have a daughter.
But if you did. You would think 8ts fair for her to fight a guy because he is born in the wrong body giving him obvious scientific genetic advantages

Transgenders should be banned from all sports. Some things you just can't change.

They need a womens (cybro) league for wandinadress and gaby garcia. Call it woman plus or something.

Transexual people may identify as man or woman, but they are TRANS. Therefore there can be a Trans division but the Trans people should never be allowed to fight in either the mens or woman's division.

UFC World Transexual Champion
<6>

Transgender division can GTF. I like my perception.

Back