Social Transgender Boxer Wins Pro Boxing Debut

Senzo Tanaka

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I'm seeing this make the rounds on all of virtue signaling celebrity Twitter and Instagram pages.

https://sports.yahoo.com/transgende...on-historic-professional-debut-034149196.html

Before I begin my rant - I support equal rights and opportunity for trans people. To me, rights are humans rights period. I don't think you should be discriminated based on race, gender, sex or any immutable characteristic.

That said - sports are not rights. In this case, it's a former female that has transitioned to a male that is boxing men. I can respect that. There's no advantage and if anything, there is a disadvantage. That's commendable.

Would it be fair if the reverse happened though? A male, transitioning to female and then fighting other female boxers?

I got into a spat with a celebrity who will not be named about it and they said that if a trans-man transitioned to a woman then she's now a woman. End of story. Seriously? We are just going to completely ignore biology and science? How come science works when it's for climate change and everything else but it's a social construct if we are talking about sex?

Does this mean I can have sex with the trans female and she can get pregnant? Of course not. Just because you say you are a woman doesn't make you biologically a woman. We have to stop conflating sex with gender. I support being whatever you want to be but there IS a difference biologically.

We've seen cases of men transitioning to female and then competing into weight lifting and easily beating the competition. Is this fair? I think there's an interesting debate to be had.

In this case, it's a former man that has transitioned to a woman boxing men. I can respect that. There's no advantage and if anything, there is a disadvantage. That's commendable.

This is a biological female who transitioned to male.

It'd be better if everyone just stayed the sex they were born as.

We need to strengthen the gene pool not weaken it.

Transgender boxer Pat Manuel wins by unanimous decision in historic professional debut

It's Pat.

its-pat.jpg

At what point is hitting a woman ok? Is it just when they decide to call themselves a man? If she loses against a real fighter is she gonna claim that a man hit her?

Show pics of the dork that lost to a woman.
No issue here. It's bad when it's the other way around.

But that woman then took testosterone for 5 years or so. I'm not sure how they regulate that type of thing, but testosterone is a PED and gives an unfair advantage.

This actually, in some ways, mirrors the TRT debate. Just because your testosterone is low does not mean you do not gain an unfair advantage by pumping your body full of the stuff. Eventually I would think that even a biological woman would become a lesser version of Vitor Belfort.

Their plan is to divide us. Up is down. Men are women. Diversity is strength.

But that woman then took testosterone for 5 years or so. I'm not sure how they regulate that type of thing, but testosterone is a PED and gives an unfair advantage.

This actually, in some ways, mirrors the TRT debate. Just because your testosterone is low does not mean you do not gain an unfair advantage by pumping your body full of the stuff. Eventually I would think that even a biological woman would become a lesser version of Vitor Belfort.
Testosterone, depending on when she took it, will not catch up with being born a man and going through puberty, physical strength wise.

As a matter of rule I'd say separate sports competitions by sex, not "gender identity".

Even after transition and testosterone therapy, the bone density and musculature of the individual is going to be very different from the male counterparts they are going to encounter. It seems extremely dangerous long term in a sport that is already dangerous.

Then again, dumber shit has been sanctioned and I don't think this is going to usher in a new wave of people transitioning and fighting professionally. So, I see a lot wrong with it in regards to safety concerns of the participant (not really the opponent in this situation), but honestly, the commissions have so much other dumb shit that regularly happens that they need to address before a major outlier like this becomes a concern. For example, maybe sending a rep to observe a fighter spar that was retired for over half a decade, almost fifty, and on the receiving end of three consecutive brutal knockouts before sanctioning him (Liddell). FFS, the way he moved... like, all they had to do is have a rep just say, "let me watch you do some regular sparring against an opponent", and anyone with eyes could see he wasn't up to par for combat but I digress because this isn't the topic.

Good job. Can the trans man pass the drug tests, though?

Maybe TRT Vitor should have passed himself off as a transitioned female-to-male.

I guess a good way to solve the issue is have an "Open" Class where anyone can compete, then have a Women's Class where it's absolutely required that the competitor was born genetically female and has never had taken testosterone, like that Texas Girls Wrestler did.

Testosterone, depending on when she took it, will not catch up with being born a man and going through puberty, physical strength wise.

As a matter of rule I'd say separate sports competitions by sex, not "gender identity".

I agree to some degree. If you do that though, you're going to have people claim discrimination and probably rightfully so.

I made the post because it's a really tricky subject matter. I know some sports have allowed trans people to compete based on their testosterone levels. When it comes down to combat sports, I guess it ultimately comes down to the opponent. Like with Fallon Fox, her biological female opponents didn't care that she was technically a man.

130 pounds. When a female transitions to male and fights that is over 185 pounds...come talk to me, will actually be impressive then due to the skeletal differences giving the one born a male clear advantages.

I am still waiting on some of these people to start demanding that men and women compete together since "everyone is the same".

I agree to some degree. If you do that though, you're going to have people claim discrimination and probably rightfully so.

I made the post because it's a really tricky subject matter. I know some sports have allowed trans people to compete based on their testosterone levels. When it comes down to combat sports, I guess it ultimately comes down to the opponent. Like with Fallon Fox, her biological female opponents didn't care that she was technically a man.
I don't think it's tricky, at all. It's not discrimination, well technically it might be but discrimination is not by definition negative. Men should be discriminated from participating in women's sports.

It's not just testosterone levels that matter either. Bone density and anatomy cannot be corrected with surgery.

Building a boxer's record for the first dozen or so is a really sketchy process generally. Let's see how "he" continues to perform.

Put her in with Gervonta Davis and end this experiment right now.

Back