The Transgender School Locker Room & Bathroom Discussion Thread

Arkain2K

Si vis pacem, para bellum
@Steel
Reaction score
Thread Index:
-----

Obama Administration: Public Schools Must Allow Students to Use Locker Rooms & Bathrooms that "match their gender identity"

Transgender-Locker-Room-Illinois.jpg

The Obama administration will send a letter to every public school district in the country telling them to allow students to use locker rooms and bathrooms that match their gender identity, as opposed to their birth certificate.

The letter, first obtained by The New York Times, is signed by officials at the Justice Department and Department of Education. It will be sent out to the districts on Friday.

While the letter does not have the force of law, it does warn that schools that do not abide by the Obama administration’s interpretation of the law may face lawsuits or a loss of federal aid, The Times reported.

“No student should ever have to go through the experience of feeling unwelcome at school or on a college campus,” John B. King Jr., the secretary of the Department of Education, said in a statement obtained by the New York Times. “We must ensure that our young people know that whoever they are or wherever they come from, they have the opportunity to get a great education in an environment free from discrimination, harassment and violence.”

There is no obligation for a student to present a specific medical diagnosis or identification documents that reflect his or her gender identity, and equal access must be given to transgender students even in instances when it makes others uncomfortable, according to the directive.

"As is consistently recognized in civil rights cases, the desire to accommodate others' discomfort cannot justify a policy that singles out and disadvantages a particular class of students," the guidance says.

The Trump administration to lift federal transgender locker room & bathroom guidelines
By Maria Danilova and Sadie Gurman
Feb 22, 2017

The Trump administration is revoking U.S. transgender guidelines, stepping into an emotional national issue and stripping students of federal protections to use bathrooms and locker rooms matching gender identities that differ from their birth certificates.

The administration is coming down on the side of states' rights, revoking federal guidelines that had been issued by the Obama administration. Without the Obama directive, it will be up to states and school districts to interpret federal anti-discrimination law and determine whether students should have access to restrooms in accordance with their expressed gender identity and not just their biological sex.

White House spokesman Sean Spicer said Wednesday the current directive, issued last August, is confusing and hard to implement. An official with knowledge of the plans told The Associated Press that anti-bullying safeguards would not be affected by the change.

That official was not authorized to speak publicly about the plans and did so on condition of anonymity. Spicer did not say when the Trump administration action might actually come.

A federal judge in Texas put a temporary hold on the Obama guidance soon after it was issued — after 13 states sued.

Even without that hold, the guidance carried no force of law. But transgender rights advocates say it was useful and necessary to protect students from discrimination. Opponents argue it was federal overreach and violated the safety and privacy of all other students.

"The president has made it clear throughout the campaign that he is a firm believer in states' rights and that certain issues like this are not best dealt with at the federal level," Spicer said.

Conservative activists hailed the change, saying the Obama directives were illegal and violated the rights of fixed-gender students, especially girls who did not feel safe changing clothes or using restrooms next to anatomical males.

"Our daughters should never be forced to share private, intimate spaces with male classmates, even if those young men are struggling with these issues," said Vicki Wilson, a member of Students and Parents for Privacy. "It violates their right to privacy and harms their dignity."

However, the reversal is a setback for transgender rights groups, which had been urging Trump to keep the guidelines in place. Advocates say federal law will still prohibit discrimination against students based on their gender or sexual orientation.

Last edited:
Anyone who doesn't think straight "cis" teenage boys will abuse the shit out of this is Bernie Sanders level delusional.

It's like a tranny blitzkrieg

What, oh what, is the purpose.

Anyone who doesn't think straight "cis" teenage boys will abuse the shit out of this is Bernie Sanders level delusional.

Anyone who thinks ANYBODY, and I mean ANY schoolboy would use the girls bathroom without becoming a social outcast is delusional.

"You know what, just fuckin do whatever you want. I'm about done here so I don't give a shit."

At this point bathrooms should just be rebuilt into a bunch of individual unisex single rooms.

Anyone who thinks ANYBODY, and I mean ANY schoolboy would use the girls bathroom without becoming a social outcast is delusional.

Anyone who thinks that is delusional. 100 guys are going to go in the first day for shits and giggles. It's going to be something half the class does.

Lol @ social outcast.

At this point bathrooms should just be rebuilt into a bunch of individual unisex single rooms.

To appease 1% of the population you will fundamentally change a huge part of the rest of the population's lives. Brilliant. Fair.

To appease 1% of the population you will fundamentally change a huge part of the rest of the population's lives. Brilliant. Fair.

It will also appease people who don't want to share bathrooms with trans. Then this issue would go away.

I think all this should go to a vote. That being said Id love to watch a woman piss in a urinal.

Private schooling stock just went up 10 points.

Honestly bathrooms I don't have a problem being unisex.

Changing rooms is different.

Boys across the country rejoice because now they can clog and flood the toilets of the girls rooms.

Real story my grade school class flooded many bathrooms.

1) World Trade Center on class trip
2) fish hatchery
3) Liberty science center
4) Bronx zoo

We were master toilet flooders

“We must ensure that our young people know that whoever they are or wherever they come from, they have the opportunity to get a great education in an environment free from discrimination, harassment and violence.”
Discrimination
is treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing is perceived to belong to rather than on individual merit.
Would this apply to affirmative action as well?

It will also appease people who don't want to share bathrooms with trans. Then this issue would go away.

Well that's true. It really shouldn't be an issue in the first place. They should use the bathroom of their actual gender but oh well. Like you said I guess a compromise might suffice.

I think all this should go to a vote. That being said Id love to watch a woman piss in a urinal.

oie_METfS5NgVOAu_zps65f625a5.gif

Oh wait, I thought you meant you wanted to watch women take a piss, not that you'd like to see how they'd try and negotiate their way around a urinal. Huge difference. Unless you mean you actually wanna watch them try, in a perverted way, as opposed to sarcastically implying they're just going to piss themselves. If you meant it the perverted way then another

oie_METfS5NgVOAu_zps65f625a5.gif

Back