Locked Transformers: The Last Knight (New Footage from International Trailer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hell yeah! So much character development, suspense, sense of family/team, etc. Those were real stories with real characters.

It's kind of weird because even with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles it seemed like there was more of an effort to bring the turtles to life than there ever has been to bring the transformers to life. As a fan, it's such a wasted opportunity.

Yeah I think what made Beast Wars so great was that the cast was so small and there were no humans involved. Allowed them to spend more time on developing the robots.

Dinobot's struggle to find his path as a warrior was deep. His love/hate bromance with Rattrap was hilarious, but also took a poignant turn when Dinobot briefly defected back to the Predacons. And when he took on six opponents without any backup (sacrificing himself so that the primitive humans might live), Rattrap was the first one to rise and salute his spark as it left his body.

You just don't see writing like that in the movies.

And to think that that's only TWO characters, and doesn't touch on Optimus' struggle to hold his team together. Cheetor's desire to prove himself as a full-fledged warrior. Tigatron's desire to be one with nature. Megatron's wishes to restore Predacon glory. Terrorsaur's schemes to overthrow Megatron. Tarantulas playing both sides to his own gain. Every robot a living and breathing character with a personality, motivations, and desires all their own.

And yes, I wasn't a fan of the new TMNT movies but they definitely did a good job of giving them that brotherly camaraderie. Even Bebop and Rocksteady reminded me very much of the cartoons I watched back in the 90's.

Yeah I think what made Beast Wars so great was that the cast was so small and there were no humans involved. Allowed them to spend more time on developing the robots.

Dinobot's struggle to find his path as a warrior was deep. His love/hate bromance with Rattrap was hilarious, but also took a poignant turn when Dinobot briefly defected back to the Predacons. And when he took on six opponents without any backup (sacrificing himself so that the primitive humans might live), Rattrap was the first one to rise and salute his spark as it left his body.

You just don't see writing like that in the movies.

And to think that that's only TWO characters, and doesn't touch on Optimus' struggle to hold his team together. Cheetor's desire to prove himself as a full-fledged warrior. Tigatron's desire to be one with nature. Megatron's wishes to restore Predacon glory. Terrorsaur's schemes to overthrow Megatron. Tarantulas playing both sides to his own gain. Every robot a living and breathing character with a personality, motivations, and desires all their own.

And yes, I wasn't a fan of the new TMNT movies but they definitely did a good job of giving them that brotherly camaraderie. Even Bebop and Rocksteady reminded me very much of the cartoons I watched back in the 90's.

Yup, those were the days, so excited to wake up saturday mornings for that show. Everything you said, and Black Arachnia's path towards shedding her predacon loyalty. You could argue the bad guys had the deepest or most captivating journeys in the show. With Michael Bay it's like every bad guy is basically Waspinator, and most of the good guys as well. Choosing to not give Bumblebee a voice is like a microcosm of the whole movie universe's refusal to explore them as actual beings. Instead we get Shia Lebeouf, Megan Fox, and Mark Wahlberg, and racist jokes.

I hear Prime goes bad because they're holding his daughter hostage. The girl he had with Shia LeBeef.

Pretty unrealistic imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back