Tranny Dominates Weightlifting Competition | Page 4

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Mr Holmes, Mar 20, 2017.

1. snakedafunky Black Belt

snakedafunky
    As someone that is in favor of transgender rights or better equal rights.
    I don't see how this can possibly further the cause of transgender acceptance.

We had this discussion a couple month were I pointed out for children it could be beneficial to try and include everyone.
    But this just seems so incredibly bizarre that anyone could think it's a good idea it will just further alienate people.

pcptornado and freakyfarley like this.
  2. Bald1 War Room Can

Bald1
    As a left leaning person I absolutely think there's a disconnect there. How can they reconcile the ideological differences between accepting an all controlling religion and the values we hold most dear? Da fuck? I think of the protests against "alt left" lectures in the same vein. The new left just doesn't jive with my idea of liberalism.

There, you just vocalized some common ground with folks who are against this new belief of shutting down discourse. That doesn't mean I disagree with you that some folks have a displaced, or maybe misplaced, fear of Islam that's more due to culture than Ideology.

And now I'm rambling..

Fawlty likes this.
  3. Fawlty cussed 'em belt

Fawlty
    Yeah there rally isn't a way to reconcile that. The ways to justify mistreatment of Islamic women are to categorize Muslim men as having a special right to deny the rights of others (and they can't admit that because it's patriarchal), or to lie and pretend the oppression is actually liberating somehow (that one makes my blood boil), or to say their cultural/religious practices are more valid than secular law (which is completely against the bedrock ideas of modern western civilization). I haven't seen an excuse that works yet.

People call these goobers Marxists, but I don't think that's right. There's no real labor movement, they aren't dedicated materialists. They aren't taking an objective scientific approach, but the opposite- they're just asserting that things should be a certain way. It might be something new and more rooted in tribes made up of protected/marginalized groups, rather than classes and class warfare.

freakyfarley and Ayin like this.
  4. Bald1 War Room Can

Bald1
    Agreed. And, once again, agreed. I'm a big proponent of secularism. To be invested in that idea, yet embrace an opposing ideology is incompatible with any kind of honesty. Mind. Blown. And that's why I gave up objecting to the phrase "liberalism is a mental disorder". How can it be anything if opposing ideas are given the same weight? 1 + 1 does not equal pancakes. How about we stick to intellectual honesty? We see this in the agressive opposition to the free exchange of ideas as well. It's not just an intellectual, but a fundemental dishonesty. Pisses me off, quite frankly.

I think some folks have an allergic reaction to the word "marxist". The phrase is used to describe methodology, not ideology in the @IDL context. At least that's what clicks in my brain when I hear it. Not sure if I buy into the theory, but I tend to keep an open mind. Given my place of birth, and having an understanding of the long game of propaganda in the context of social engineering I'm not going to dismiss it outright.

Edit : My first paragraph might make it seems differently, but at the core of my being I'm very much a social liberal.

pcptornado and Fawlty like this.
  5. Renard Brown Belt

Renard
    I'd be curious to know how society reacts if it happened in a high-profile competition. I'm guessing the media would immediately cover up the fact he was born male and hope it blows over without too many people finding out. But I don't think the media shenanigans will keep working forever.

6. ehtheist #FreeBanchan

ehtheist
    [​IMG]

No romo.

7. Raiman Black Belt

Raiman
    This story is hilarious.

8. Bald1 War Room Can

Bald1
    The hand-over hand, and lack or wrist control leads me to belive there's a wee bit o romo there. Not to mention the bashful grins.

I'll just chalk it up to bromance. Those two are royalty in my mind.

9. Fawlty cussed 'em belt

Fawlty
    The word liberal is definitely all kinds of scratched up lately, but I still object to the mental disorder stuff. These are just errors in thinking that are reinforced. It's definitely something people can recover from. And it doesn't apply to more than maybe 10% of the political left anyway, at least in America. Canada seems more out there on the fringe as do certain parts of Europe.

Had a funny run-in with Marxism last year. I was studying about the archaeology of ancient mythology and trying to propose a helpful way of classifying religious and other abstract stuff. Long story short, I kept finding myself in conflict between different schools of thought, and kept going back to the Marxist point of view that there had to be that typical kind of dialectical struggle even in archaeology. It didn't bug me or make me feel like a dirty commie, but I got a good laugh out of it with my professor.

silus_2000 likes this.
  10. ShinkanPo Queen of Bad Jokes!

ShinkanPo
    He/She could be cast as He Man!!!

He MAN!!!!

11. Palis ♔ God Tier Ego

Palis
    Really? I can't lol

12. Cid Silver Belt

Cid
    The lengths Kiwi's will go to to beat an Australian at any sport not called rugby...

Kinda disturbing.

13. Bald1 War Room Can

Bald1
    The mental disorder stuff I find objectionable as well, but, oddly enough, if the shoe fits wear it is my view. That is a statement to individuals, not groups. In real life I've found myself butting heads with folks on my "side" due to blind partisanship at the cost of examining individual ideas divorced from a need to be right.

I must admit, I'm at a loss as to how Marxist ideas, archeology and ancient mythology could be blended in a way as to cause conflict. But I'm as far removed from academia as a cow is from a manatee.

14. Bald1 War Room Can

Bald1
    Mind your punctuation my ESL friend.

He/She could be cast as He? Man? !!!

Guaranteed I'm wrong as well, but fuck it, and let's not be offensive to our gender whatever friends. Unless friends is offensive, in which case I'm sorry. Frienx....?

ShinkanPo likes this.
  15. IngaVovchanchyn Steel Belt

IngaVovchanchyn
    Won't happen imo. Way too many countries see this kind of thing for the bullshit it is. Allowing men to compete with women would risk too much Olympic credibility.

freakyfarley likes this.
  16. IDL Gold Belt

IDL
    She of too much faith..

The Olympic rules have been recently changed to allow transgendered athletes compete as women without having sex change surgery.

In November 2015, the IOC held a meeting to address both its transgender and hyperandrogenism policies. In regards to transgender athletes it stated that transgender athletes cannot be excluded from an opportunity to participate in sporting competition. Transgender athletes who identified themselves as female, would be allowed to compete in that category as long as their testosterone levels were below 10 nanomoles per liter for at least 12 months prior to the competition. There would be no restrictions on transgender athletes identifying themselves as male and competing in that category.[28] The IOC stated that requiring surgical anatomical changes as a requirement for participation may be considered as a violation of notions of human rights

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_verification_in_sports

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    dontsnitch and HockeyBjj like this.
  17. freakyfarley Adam Farley inc.

freakyfarley
    I agree. It's not "progressive"

18. pinger Brown Belt

pinger
    I'm sorry but have to ask the question of at least 3 in that line up.....

Bald1 likes this.
  19. IngaVovchanchyn Steel Belt

IngaVovchanchyn
    This is disappointing. Hopefully, it turns out that they are overreaching. There are a lot of participating governments that may not react well at all to their female athletes competing with men.

20. IngaVovchanchyn Steel Belt

IngaVovchanchyn
    The frustrating part here is that women's sports are being undermined by wackos on the left. That you see the right as the problem in this case suggests you may need to take a step back.

Mr Holmes likes this.