Training twice at day and another question...

SalvadorAllende

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Hey guys, Im Troy McClure and you probably remember me for the "Help a fellow skinny sherbro" thread (which I will update when I can get a decent photo of my improvements).

Long story short, Im 29, 135lbs and 5`7. Been lifting for about a year (I always did sports suchs a KB).

6 weeks ago I started the Buff Dudes 12 week program (which is more like a bodybuilding program) and Im feeling pretty good. Had up and downs but at the end of the day it is working.

Also I got tired of hearing my coworkers complain about work and their bosses every day at lunch so I sign up to a gym near the office. Im actually jogging (or running) 20/25mins, then I do some stretching for flexibility, some abs and a "main lift" (pull ups, deadlifts, bench press, etc) with about 60% max weight 5x5 (I dont kill my self doing it) just because I feel that working once a week those is not enough to make the progress I want.

I realized Im hungry all the time so Im eating a lot more, trying to not consume junk food, etc. Im also trying to reach minimum 7 hours of sleep at night (ideal would be 8).

Soo.... given that my goal is to add some lean muscle and become stronger. Do you have any suggestions? Is it training twice at day 5 times at week too much? Can I be burning too much calories and that would affect my gains?

And another question.. Im a big fan of Bodybuilidingrev (youtube channel) strenght battles, and given that I train by myself and need some self motivation I was thinking of doing 3 excercises or so and taking the time.
For example, 20 pull ups, 20 squats with "x" amount of weight and 20 OHP.
Do people do that? Do you have any suggestions?

See you around.

Just eat to the point where you're gaining 1/2 a week. so 250 calories over your maintenance (TDEE), no need to purge 100% of "junk" food unless you have a medical condition. If you're always hungry, while eating at what is supposed to be a surplus, then it's most likely your metabolism is adjusting and growing due to the changes in activity level (intensity, frequency, etc).

Also if you have a decently high metabolism, its going to be hard to fill up all the calories with clean foods. Carbs, and protein sure, but fats, which happen to be the most calorie dense macros are harder to go "clean" with. you've got peanut butter, oils, avocado, butter, etc

No need to do twice a day, doing that will have you pretty worn out (given you're going hard on both), and the increase in activity level will bump your TDEE up, and from what you've said, you're already struggling to fill out your daily caloric needs training normally.

You can up the volume with your current routine, just adding 1 set to each exercise can actually do alot.

Dear god are you ever overcomplicating something simple. I don't even know where to start, honestly.

Once you get to a certain point you just cant add muscle without taking in more calories. Your still adding mass and that mass has to be supported. You cant really gain more than a pound of muscle a month unless you are a beginner. I would shoot to gain 5-10 pounds over a 6 month stretch then kind of see where im at and make calorie adjustment so its lean gains and not fat.

Back