Steel Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Never done it before.

Anything to worry about?

diclocil 500 mg

Takes it four times every day

Reported for PEDs.

Serious answer: don't train if you're sick.
Diclocil is for staph and pneumonia.
Means you're sick.
Don't train.
OK?

Serious answer: don't train if you're sick.
Diclocil is for staph and pneumonia.
Means you're sick.
Don't train.
OK?
^Don't listen to this.

Just keep on spreading the love

I think the antibiotics makes you much less contagious to others, depending on how long you've been on it. But shit, passing around staph is not fun for other people. Although it's not nearly as bad if it was grappling.

Antibiotics weakens your muscles significantly. It can prolong your illness if you train because your body is fighting a serious infection and your stressing it out further by training. After training hard, you will feel great, but I think that's just a high you get from not training at all for a while before....but it's probably more damaging overall. I always notice that the next day, I feel worse from training. It's hard not to train being a gym rat or fighter, etc.

I think the better way to do it is to wait until nearing the end of the antibiotics treatment and then train lightly, then progress slowly day by day.

Afterward, you may want to get on some probiotics to replenish all the good bacteria that were destroyed by the antibiotics. They sell it w/o a prescription, but ask your doctor 1st.

The doctor said i could train as hard as it feels right for me.

Trying a medium workout right now

it depends

usually depends on what type/dose and what they are for

i have trained while on antibiotics and most of the time i didn't feel much of a difference

though a few times i have had bad side effects while taking them (diarrhoea) and I will not even leave the house if i don't have to and when you've got the runs, you can't be ass training anyway.

So no change in recovery time?
depends on the training

mine was boxing and the odd day or 2 lifting weights/swimming

but if i was ill i wouldn't be going 100% or even 80% because your body isn't going to be at 100% anyway

it does take something out of you and you feel it (cardio wise), but could i still train and instead just reduce the intensity, yeah.

When I was recovering from Lyme disease, I was on the IV antibiotics daily as well as about 4 other oral antibiotics on extreme doses for months, I personally noticed no change in my recovery time from workouts. I felt weak though, and obviously was extremely sick due to Lyme & the side effects of being on antibiotics.

If you can push through tho and workout, I'd do it. Can't imagine any negative effects especially being on only one antibiotic like that.

Feeling like a 70 year old with asthma. And i am sleepy all the fucking time.

Fuck this shit!

<15>

Antibiotics in and of themselves are perfectly compatible with training. It's the infection that is the problem. Some dogs are on antibiotics for life and live regular, though reduced lives (die prematurely)

Feeling like a 70 year old with asthma. And i am sleepy all the fucking time.

Fuck this shit!

<15>

Dont you think that is a clear indicator your body is battling with a serious threat and needs rest?
Infections are no joke. I would stop training.

You should not train if you have the Infection in your throat. That's a big no no.

Back