training of the pros mma

all state baseball and basketball....MVP of my senior year greater Houston area all star game

scholarship offers to several schools including a divsion 1 school

various Martial arts trophies

back yard brawl style fights we would do back in the day

a 600 pound deadlift at 190 500 pound squat

and subsequently have been getting my physique where i want it to be with relentless disciple(this may or may not be an athletic pursuit to you but felt i should say it)

.......you fuck some cows and end up in prison or?

Are you Al Bundy?

946d8e8a404b2622046b158872be9141.455x341x1.jpg

Well there are some natural elite athletes that don't really know that much about training.

Like some young elite athlete basketball players who all they do is just play their sport.

Then maybe in college get with a good team trainer for s and c.

Rip,

Have you ever heard of the saying "if everyone you meet is an asshole, then you're probably the asshole"?

Well I've found it also to be true that if everyone around you is telling you that you're wrong, then you're probably wrong. There's nothing wrong with being wrong. It allows for growth. You were wrong that top athletes don't use barbell training. Stop calling barbell strength training powerlifting by the way. One is a sport and the other is a training method.

only due to a past marriage and not fighting for the past 3 years because i was acting for disney when i moved to orlando is the only reason ask anyone whos trained with me all i need is 4 more wins to even get to the ufc with a record of 6-1 only loss was when i took a fight on weeks notice at heavy weight when i fight 170

Acting for Disney? I totally recognise you bro!

You really are a badass athlete even though you have no real athletic accomplishments.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Rip,

Have you ever heard of the saying "if everyone you meet is an asshole, then you're probably the asshole"?

Well I've found it also to be true that if everyone around you is telling you that you're wrong, then you're probably wrong.
Well not everyone tells me I'm wrong.
You were wrong that top athletes don't use barbell training.
I didn't say that.

Stop calling barbell strength training powerlifting by the way. One is a sport and the other is a training method.
This thread was about professional fighters and their numbers in the deadlift and squat.

lmao i actually was gaston at disney funny you say that ironically my ex was belle

Rip,

Well I've found it also to be true that if everyone around you is telling you that you're wrong, then you're probably wrong. There's nothing wrong with being wrong. It allows for growth. You were wrong that top athletes don't use barbell training. Stop calling barbell strength training powerlifting by the way. One is a sport and the other is a training method.

Acting for Disney? I totally recognise you bro!

You really are a badass athlete even though you have no real athletic accomplishments.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

He can be wrong sometimes, but at least the guy knows how to spell and use correct grammar. And he's pretty chill and has good manners.

And to the doofuses who can't tell the difference between the possessive form of "you" and the contraction of "you are," and write chicken-scratch run-on sentences all the time: do the world a favor and do not consider procreation. If you're a native English speaker and haven't figured this shit out by now as an adult, then you have failed as a human being.

He can be wrong sometimes, but at least the guy knows how to spell and use correct grammar. And he's pretty chill and has good manners.

And to the doofuses who can't tell the difference between the possessive form of "you" and the contraction of "you are," and write chicken-scratch run-on sentences all the time: do the world a favor and do not consider procreation. If you're a native English speaker and haven't figured this shit out by now as an adult, then you have failed as a human being.

Spelling and punctuation is not grammar. He knows the difference and is using it correctly; he just isn't using spelling conventions academics cooked up. If you are going to insult someone for their non-academic writing style, make sure you know what you are talking about. Additionally, if you are going to rip into someone for that, make sure that you don't use contractions; it's not traditionally considered academic. I'm an applied linguist if you want some ethos.

...I'm an applied linguist if you want some ethos.
Would you consider yourself... cunning?

I have pathos for your ethos, my friend. But it's still a mistake to excuse writing that makes a guy look like a dipshit. Even Stephen Hawking doesn't use "U" and "UR" and the other internet/texting slang shorthand that gives the impression one is a child or semi literate. It's not too much to expect people to use basic English to get their point across effectively. Just because someone's typing on a phone, it doesn't mean they have to devolve into gutter-speak. It's tiring to read and reflects poorly on the writer.

Would you consider yourself... cunning?

I have pathos for your ethos, my friend. But it's still a mistake to excuse writing that makes a guy look like a dipshit. Even Stephen Hawking doesn't use "U" and "UR" and the other internet/texting slang shorthand that gives the impression one is a child or semi literate. It's not too much to expect people to use basic English to get their point across effectively. Just because someone's typing on a phone, it doesn't mean they have to devolve into gutter-speak. It's tiring to read and reflects poorly on the writer.

I agree, but he doesn't make himself look any better when he calls him out for the wrong thing. Just trying to keep it on topic in a way that those of us on Sherdog can relate with.

Also, I haven't been cunning since I got a career-ending injury via taking a short cut by microwaving a Pop-Tart.

Spelling and punctuation is not grammar. He knows the difference and is using it correctly; he just isn't using spelling conventions academics cooked up. If you are going to insult someone for their non-academic writing style, make sure you know what you are talking about. Additionally, if you are going to rip into someone for that, make sure that you don't use contractions; it's not traditionally considered academic. I'm an applied linguist if you want some ethos.

Hey, dork. Who in the blue fuck said that this forum is an academic setting in the first place? You seem like one of those precocious nerds who's very eager to impress the adults with useless or irrelevant knowledge. Pipe down, kid.

I shouldn't should not use contractions lest I sound like an idiot, huh? Well excuse me, Noam Chomsky. At least I don't write in a style that requires others to spend an extra 30 seconds to decipher.

Take your silly ass pedanticism and shove it up where the sun doesn't shine. And have a nice day.

I agree, but he doesn't make himself look any better when he calls him out for the wrong thing. Just trying to keep it on topic in a way that those of us on Sherdog can relate with.

Also, I haven't been cunning since I got a career-ending injury via taking a short cut by microwaving a Pop-Tart.

I don't understand slang any more. You started humming into her asshole?

Back