Training more often for shorter duration.

Phlog

Sgt Sprinkles
@Gold
Reaction score
I've started doing lifting 4-5 days a week with 2 or 3 of those being 2 a days. On 2 a days I'm hitting main lift at lunch then assistance in the evening.

Overall volume is higher and workouts are shorter, I think I'm doing better on the recovery side as a result, my appetite has increased substantially.

Anyone do 2 a days and/or have any insight on it?

@Jake Pudenz
I think he does 2 a days.

I've done them when I was a wee lad in sports, but not in about 20 years I'm sure

In my experience 2 a days don't make a huge differenceone way or the other so long as you controll overall volume. There may even be a small benefitown because you have time to recover so you're fresher for the second half of your workout and can lift with cleaner form. Unless I was doing it out of necessity though, I wouldn't bother. Set-up, travel, and mentail preparation time are doubled with 2 a days even if volume remains the same. To me that's worth considering when forming a workout routine I'll stick with

I've done two a days in the past. One of my favorite ways to train as long as you have the time for it. Volume matters most, but increasing frequency makes a big difference for some people (like me).

I've started doing lifting 4-5 days a week with 2 or 3 of those being 2 a days. On 2 a days I'm hitting main lift at lunch then assistance in the evening.

Overall volume is higher and workouts are shorter, I think I'm doing better on the recovery side as a result, my appetite has increased substantially.

Anyone do 2 a days and/or have any insight on it?
I'm a beginner at this kind of stuff, but I'm reading a book that is all about that subject - it's called Squat Every Day; maybe you can check it out. It talks about the bulgarian method where they literally train 7 days a week for 4 hours a day and they improved despite conventional wisdom saying that they would over-train

^ The author doesn't mention drugs one single time in the book. If you think you can train 7 days a week, 4 hours a day without drug, well think again.

I read the book but if I remember correctly, there is very little scientific evidence, no templates proposed (reps, sets), and is more or less based on accessory evidence. I did not find this book very interesting.

Back