Training MMA Undersized

SocialJusticeFighter

Double Yellow Card
Banned
Reaction score
I'm training MMA 5 days a week right now and I'm Undersized. I'm eating a lot to try and bulk up but the huge amount of cardio I'm doing isn't helping. I'm only 135 lbs at 5'9 with no abs definetly feeling a little skinny fat.

Is it even possible for me to get lean and bulk a little with the amount of cardio I'm doing so that I can be in fit and lean shape with defined muscles and have a small cut down to BW? I'm looking to put on a little mass and fight at 135 but as I'm 135 right now I wouldn't be cutting anything so it feels like I definitely need to get bigger.

At the same time it feels like I'm doing to much cardio to bulk and i have no idea how to get lean in my stomach where it looks like I just have excess fat dispute how skinny I am and all the cardio I am doing. Does anyone have any training tips? Mainly just thoughts if this is even possible? My main goal is just looking lean and fit with defined muscles but I would like to put on a little but of weight so I could cut down to 135 then rehydrate.

Eat a diet conducive to gaining strength without putting on much fat. Try to add weight to your frame very slowly with a sensible program. When you get as heavy as you want for your goal change some variables in your lifting to continue to try to eek out strength gains. 5'9" 135 you have no business doing a cut

If you're not competing at a high level there's zero reason to cut weight.

Lift with an appropriate strength training program and eat more food. Compete at whatever you weigh.

Back