training in rio de janeiro

H

herekittykitty

Hi i want to train in rio de janiero and am completely unprepared. does any one know the average cost of apartment what kinds of jobs are there and what the average cost to train is.

I think I payed 700 R$ a month for a room in Leblon (nice part if Rio). Traning at BTT was about 100 US$ a month.

I don't think you'd be able to get a job in Rio. When you travel to a foreign country on a tourist visa, you are not allowed to work. To get a job in Brazil, you'd have to apply for some kind of semi-permanent work visa or something. That can be a lot of hassle, and you'll be really poor working in Brazil compared to the US (I'm assuming you're American based on your English).

Someone who has lived in Rio could probably give you a better idea of rents and training fees. I don't think they would be very high since the dollar usually has a favorable exchange rate in South America.

Don't mean to hijack this thread but haven't most of the top Brazilian guys moved to Cali now? Wouldn't Southern California at this point in time be a more desirable place to train?

My instructor trained over in rio de janeiro best of luck to you...............

You could try training at

DE LA RIVA ACADEMY:

Schedule:07:00am / 16:00pm / 18:00pm / 19:30pm

Private Class - to learn BJJ w/ GI / NO GI / Self-defense 13:00 - 16:00

Address: Avenida Nossa Senhora de Copacabana, 702 B. tel: (21)2255-2554 / (21) 2548-8860

Ring for prices accommodation etc

Team De La Riva UK
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu & M.M.A
sponsored by
http://www.gameness.com.br/

Alzi_ said:
Don't mean to hijack this thread but haven't most of the top Brazilian guys moved to Cali now? Wouldn't Southern California at this point in time be a more desirable place to train?

top? Yea, they were top guys 10 years ago. If you want to train, i would say that Sao Paulo is a better place than rio.

Alzi_ said:

There are only two academies in the US big and talented enough to compare with the ones in Brazil. They are Team Renzo Gracie and American Top team.

Happy Camper said:
I think I payed 700 R$ a month for a room in Leblon (nice part if Rio). Traning at BTT was about 100 US$ a month.
$100 a month to train at BTT? thats a steal

Make sure you aren't getting the gringo price. I wouldn't be surprised if academies do that.

how long did you want to train over there for?

Back