Training in keto, fighting on carbs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
<sigh>

Still no comparison.

Either sac up and admit you do not have one, or find one.

No one has disputed that insulin helps store fat. I am not certain if you are even doing this on purpose. But whatever you call what you are doing, it is fairly sad. So for everyone's benefit, I am going to quit replying to you, as you do not seem to understand the difference between an actual comparison study from which you can draw a conclusion, or an opinion.

Or the difference between fact, proof and theory, now that I think about it.

Here is another cool picture chart describing the insulin and fat storing process thought you guys would think this is helpful.

Notice how the red line (high blood sugar from carb based diet) goes through the pancrease and right to the fat tissue storing process.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_TYxTrnrzg...x99c/s1600/Tara_Stevens_glucose_transport.jpg

Yeah I guess hormones arn't that important when it comes to accumulating body fat. It's C4l0r13s in C41oR13s out.

Still no. Ok.

I am going to quit playing. You can continue to play with yourself. Just think, if you keep trolling this thread with crap that says things that no one is disputing, you will be a red belt by Sunday.

Best of luck to you in your dieting goals.

Here are a few more straight forward illustrations of what happens with hormones and fat storage.

This one show how HGH and glucogon hormones release fatty acids from fat stores whereas insulin pushes it in, so we see the effects of the two fat burning hormones (hgh and glucagon) and conversely the effects of the fat storing hormone (insulin). Note that insulin cannot coexist with hgh and glucogon at the same time meaning when insulin is elevated, hgh and glucogon go down, and when insulin levels drop hgh and glucogon rise accoringly.

[IMG]http://www.medbio.info/Horn/Diabetes for All/diabet14.jpg[/IMG]

diabet14.jpg

Blood+sugar+insulin+and+lipolysis.jpg

_ksiQz-XCbW...+lipolysis.jpg

This picture right here in detail shows how insulin responce stops lipoysis (fat oxidation). Notice how the red line (insulin pathway) from the pancreas intercepts and halts the fat oxidation (black line) in the lipoysis (fat burning) cycle and simply redirects the insulin pathway straight into the fat cell where it's stored.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ksiQz-XCb...o/s1600/Blood+sugar+insulin+and+lipolysis.jpg

Pretty hard to argue with cold hard detailed descriptions.

Last edited:
chart-morefood1.jpg

Here is a graph based on 30 years worth of info.

Actual caloric intake for men didn't go up very much (7%) but carb intake shot up by 49%.

Obesity rates remained the same but calories go didn't up much, but carbs did.

It's carb consumption and not total caloric intake thats causing us to be a fat ass nation.

This is sad. It's like that beta dude everyone sees at the bar dancing by himself.

This is sad. It's like that beta dude everyone sees at the bar dancing by himself.

It's sad when a whole thread of people still belive a magic number makes you lose weight when shown countless graphs, data, studies, textbook medical refrences citing hormonal imbalances as the cause of weight, yet don't belive it because they heard different from fitness magazies and gym buddies.

Ironpants, aren't you the same dude who said corn is a vegetable and apples are bad for you?

Ironpants, aren't you the same dude who said corn is a vegetable and apples are bad for you?

Show me where I said they were "bad"?

EDIT Corn is clasified as both a grain and a vegetable.

Aren't you that same dude who said HFCS was good for you?

Last edited:
Wow, I wish I could still throw down with you guys. It's still going strong in here?
But it seems I have exhausted what little ideas I have to begin with LOL.

TS are you going to experiment with this type of diet?

Wow, I wish I could still throw down with you guys. It's still going strong in here?

No they lost and were beaten so they gave up.

It got down to a point where someone said this...

Sceince doesn't prove anything.

When you start seeing staments like that you know then you are dealing with people who no longer have functioning brains.

Tired of dealing with trolls.

When all someone has to offer is insults coupled with a lack of understanding of 7th grade science, including that science does not offer proof, well, you would get tired of dealing with it too. Apparently screwing up threads with flaming and spamming is allowed, so there is no point in responding. The same statement I asked to be properly supported still remains unsupported, and the same crap continues.

If you were me, would you really see a point? And then when I quit responding, I get stupid-ass PM's. If I wanted to deal with children, I would have had some by now.

So no, I am avoiding any further contribution. And I am not alone in this.

dang that's too bad = I was actually enjoying the links and debates/arguments... Oh well, TS let me/us know if you try or experiment with the diet you were asking about or if you come across any info about it.

Tired of dealing with trolls.

When all someone has to offer is insults coupled with a lack of understanding of 7th grade science, including that science does not offer proof, well, you would get tired of dealing with it too. Apparently screwing up threads with flaming and spamming is allowed, so there is no point in responding. The same statement I asked to be properly supported still remains unsupported, and the same crap continues.

If you were me, would you really see a point? And then when I quit responding, I get stupid-ass PM's. If I wanted to deal with children, I would have had some by now.

So no, I am avoiding any further contribution. And I am not alone in this.

You lost and were profoundly beaten with a battery of evidence, then you call it "flaming and trolling".

Apparently screwing up threads with flaming and spamming is allowed, so there is no point in responding.

Funny because if any of those things were done I wouldn't be here now would I? Just sounds like you are upset that you got beat at your own game.

And you never awnsered my questions or gave any evidence to support you arguments, and I'm still waiting.

And besides Seriously Dumb, you are alone. Don't know many people who say sceince doesn't prove anything.

I'm tired of arguing with the grade 6 drop outs and mentally challenged.

And lol I'm not a kid I'm 44 with a wife and 2 kids, have a masters in poly-sci so I know a little bit about "reseach and sceince".

Oh, for the record.

Science does not prove anything because it is based on unproven assumptions. Valid scientific theory is as close as science gets to proof. See: the germ theory of disease, or the theory of gravity. There are laws, but these are purely theoretical in nature, such as "laws of gravity" which can offer "proof" only in the abstract sense, never in a scientifically valid manner.

Willard Van Orman Quine, J. S. Ullian

Recommended reading for anyone who does not understand this. They do a much better job of explaining this than I do. Or at least they are more patient.

Oh, for the record.

Science does not prove anything because it is based on unproven assumptions. Valid scientific theory is as close as science gets to proof. See: the germ theory of disease, or the theory of gravity. There are laws, but these are purely theoretical in nature, such as "laws of gravity" which can offer "proof" only in the abstract sense, never in a scientifically valid manner.

Willard Van Orman Quine, J. S. Ullian

Recommended reading for anyone who does not understand this. They do a much better job of explaining this than I do. Or at least they are more patient.

But we're not talking about theory or sceintific laws donut boy, we are talking about established medical knowledge not the theory of relativity or Planack's constant

This is medical phyisology not physics.

Your saying that a heart or a pancreas is a theory?

Too dumb to understand the differance?

Question to Arlecchino.

Still haven't awnsered my question donutboy, how come the Natal Indian tribe suffered from obesity when they only ate 1600 cals/day?

How come I'm the one that have to "give evidence" but you didn't give any?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back