Training Exclusively in the Morning

Tiki Taka

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Anyone here train exclusively in their school's morning classes?

I find that most schools (that have morning classes) usually have the following structure:

AM - All Levels
PM 1- Fundamentals
PM 2 - Advanced

Would it be worthwhile/beneficial if someone could only attend the morning All Levels class (although on a consistent basis) and the evening classes very rarely (like once a month)?

The mornings at our gym isn't exactly as great as the evenings. For us its a hit and miss, sometimes its full, yet at times its a ghost town. For class levels, mornings happen to be mostly beginner, on the sch. its not stated, but having done morning sessions I can confirm the level it caters to is beginner.

It makes sense though, most jobs are at regular hours, so people end at 3 -5 PM so night training is the option then

5:30 am competition team training for years.

I'm still up early and do my home regiment at 7:15.

Mornings are a great time to train.....Cause you can go to the afternoon and evening classes too!

If you pair up on your own in the all levels classes, I guarantee they pair up based on skill level and training partner preference. I know I do and watched it happen in every school I've visited. Once you pay your dues you should be able to get appropriate level training in an all level class.

These seem like beginner questions....

Depends on your level. Night time, Im going to be doing an hour of live, I might get 3 rolls with black belts. Morning, if 2 black belts show up, I will get 10 rolls with black belts.

Love training in the morning. Earlier the better. Much prefer to get the hard stuff out of the way, even if it is fun. Last time I was in Brazil, I would train at 7am, and again at 10 or 11, and be done for the day and just relax on the beach and eat and recover. Sometimes I would hit a light training at night if I was antsy, around 6 or 7.

I would much prefer to train mornings than evenings. My expierience at a gym with both classes everyday was that if I went to a morning class, it would have fewer people than evenings, but it was a consistent group of people. If I went in the evenings, the number of people would usually be greater but who actually showed up would vary dramatically from day to day.

Hate training in the morning, but that's just me. Hey, if you can only train in the morning, and can do that regularly and consistently, as long as there's one or two guys there you can have some good rolls with, it's definitely fine. And if you can get to the odd evening class to switch it up, even better.

Even if you're a decent purple and there's only white belts in the morning classes, still go. I mean what's the alternative? Not train? Doesn't even compare. Work on your weak side, tie one hand behind your back, do a 3 mile run before class so you're fatigued etc.. you can still get some benefits out of it. Much more than staying in bed.

When I first went to FightZone at 7am on a weekday, I assumed no one would be awake, and would basically get a free or <5 person private lesson from Master Ricardinho. I got there a few minutes early, coffee in hand, and there were already 7 black belts on the mat.

At my club it seems the level is consistently higher deeper into the day. Morning you might get a couple of high belts and a bunch of whites and blues. Afternoon you get 6-9 high belts and more whites and blues, night you might have 8 black belts alone and more browns plus 20-30 others.

I train mainly afternoons and after years and peoples scheduled changing some guys i don't see for a long time. When I train with them again the night class guys have almost always improved the most and I improve vs some morning class guys who used to train afternoons.

Obv not every school is going to be that way but at my club if I has a choice of any option night time is the best for improving the fastest.

Morning training is the best at my school.

We roll more on those classes and the coach know that he can go a little further with the techniques because we are mostly serious adults and there's less ''kids''.

We are a strong core of guys, about 20, people who come at least one morning a week. I never miss one. Everybody as a legit level and can challenge you in some way.

It's what gives me a chance to train 4 times a week even with all my kids' stuff to manage

When I first went to FightZone at 7am on a weekday, I assumed no one would be awake, and would basically get a free or <5 person private lesson from Master Ricardinho. I got there a few minutes early, coffee in hand, and there were already 7 black belts on the mat.

7 in the morning...

My coach is retired from the military, we train at 10h30 AM to 12h00 PM

We have a bunch of self-employed people (like me), policemen, firemen and anykind of people that works on the night shift. We even have a guy whose on welfare...

Back