Training bjj with ringworm

Edgar Lopez

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Ringworm is not a big deal its not gonna kill me. I start bjj in July I'm 16 and what if I train with ringworm.

ring worm is a big deal. it is highly contagious. don't grapple if you have it. it's very easy to get rid of by using over the counter anti fungal creams.

ring worm is a big deal. it is highly contagious. don't grapple if you have it. it's very easy to get rid of by using over the counter anti fungal creams.
Can I take pills daily for ringworm and still go to practice

My old instructor used to come to class and train with ringworm. That's why he became my old instructor. He's a piece of shit.

Ringworm is not a big deal its not gonna kill me. I start bjj in July I'm 16 and what if I train with ringworm.

While I may not care about your life, I care about the unsuspecting trainning partners you'll spread it to .

If this is a troll thread, it was not very good. If you're being honest, then you missed an important life lesson growing up... and that's "treat others the way you want to be treated."

Others stated to treat it. Do that. If you still have in July, either delay bjj or tell your training partners you have ring worm :)

-T

Can I take pills daily for ringworm and still go to practice
No. That's gross. You probably got it cause someone in your gym did the same thing. If that doesn't stop your whole gym will have it. Just sit out a couple weeks. And wrap that shit up when you come back.

Treat it now and it'll be gone long before July. It's really disrespectful to everyone there if you bring that on the mat. You will not be popular if you cause an outbreak, especially if you knew about it well in advance.

you shouldn't ever train BJJ
you are actually suffering from Super AIDS

seriously.. people don't even try anymore in here..

Don't be selfish. Nothing has annoyed me more than training partners who didn't reveal their current skin illness until later or that I saw something later. Get it looked after and take time off till you're disease free. You probably won't like it if you got sick cause someone else thought it be OK to come train with something contagious forcing you to miss time. Then I might get sick and take it home with me getting others sick. Stay home please and look after it.

i've actually found that over the counter stuff doesn't work at all, had to go to the doc

i've actually found that over the counter stuff doesn't work at all, had to go to the doc
Over the counter has worked great for my kids when they get it. Unless you get it on your scalp. Then you need oral medication. The over the counter actually worked better than the prescription they got. My kids wrestle and do bjj.... Seems like they get it a couple of times a year.

Over the counter has worked great for my kids when they get it. Unless you get it on your scalp. Then you need oral medication. The over the counter actually worked better than the prescription they got. My kids wrestle and do bjj.... Seems like they get it a couple of times a year.

how long did it take to clear up on average? my wife got it (she's a vet tech) and it took over a month to clear up with over the counter stuff, when we went to the doc that stuff cleared up the second outbreak within a couple weeks

To be safe you should urinate on it. It only works with yellow urine though. And don't dry it off, you need to air dry it.

how long did it take to clear up on average? my wife got it (she's a vet tech) and it took over a month to clear up with over the counter stuff, when we went to the doc that stuff cleared up the second outbreak within a couple weeks
It's normally dried and not contagious within a week. Once we are past the contagious stage I will wrap it or cover it and then send them back to practice. Their coaches and instructors know I wouldn't take them while being contagious. Since they are on some type of mat all year their dermatologist gave me her number. I can just call her and she will call in a prescription if we need one. She's the one that suggested the over the counter. Now if you get it on your scalp you need oral meds. After the second dose it's no longer contagious but the oral isn't really good for you. It can cause serious headaches and other issues. This past wrestling season I didn't even know that both of my kids had it on their heads. Their hair was a bit longer and they wanted to go get fades. In the Barber seat I was shocked. They both had it bad. If not careful it can cause scarring on the scalp.

Back