Training all fitness components - Reaching your peak

Simplify. Train max strength + long steady state to build the gas tank + short high intensity for anaerobic work.

Practice your sport (fighting?) to channel those raw attributes into more specific traits like speed, power, agility. If you're doing a style like muay thai you'll autmatically get more flexible. When you work on pads for example, you get to work on speed and power. Bag work or striking drills can help you with strength/power endurance etc etc

Break your training into blocks if necessary. Not always necessary depending on where your abilitied are at now.

You are essentially trying to specialize in everything which won't get you very far. Instead focus on getting extremely good at the basics and other things will fall into place.

Use best practices for each of those basic attributes.

For example, when developing strength- use proven progressive barbell programs.
Don't fuck around with gimmicks like probodyxyz or whatever the fuck that is. That smells of gimmick.

For conditioning, use simple proven methods to develop your aerobic/anaerobic base.

Focus on the basics and keep hammering away at them.

as in for maximal strength - bench press, deadlift, front and back squat, clean and press, clean and jerk

that's one hell of a bench goal. I don't want to be all negative about your efforts, but unless you turn green when you're angry, you're never going to bench 140k

What?
Do you math, bro?
Edit: sorry, read the rest of the thread. You got me lol.

as in for maximal strength - bench press, deadlift, front and back squat, clean and press, clean and jerk

Yup. Compounds, multijoint stuff. You can include pull-ups and muscle ups in that list. Don't get too attached to the exercises, just make sure you're training the attribute properly with some sort of progression. Linear progression like Starting Strength, or waved periodization like Tactical Barbell are a couple examples. But yes, those exercises tend to be be the best type for max strength development imo.

After you build up a solid level of strength you can always look into branching out to conversion-to-power and all that and train in blocks. Personally I find I get all the other facets of strength in my muay thai training (power/strength-endurance). So I stick to max strength with the barbells, and let my muay thai classes deal with everything else strength/power related. Sometimes I'll use kettlebells for a little extra strength endurance, but it's not a mandatory for me.

Last edited:
yes, what strength numbers are good ive seen various bandied around.

Although i did read on another thread about specificity....which had me going, its very true...hence why i thought id base my cardio in a skill based sport that i enjoy.

Another word, that i found or theory was 'transfer of physical abilty' im sure most of you have heard of it, but for example 'apparently olympic lifters were quicker than sprinters in the first 40 metres, so is that due to speed-strength training with the Olympic moves.

sorry a few others thoughts.......lets look at Nick Diaz, his training base is around marathons, triathlons, alot of long distance cycling, as was Joe Calazghe, both had great cardio and muscular endurance yet both in my opnion lacked that brute strength or explosive power lets compare them to say nigel benn for calzaghe and johnny hendricks....it would be very interesting to see there training regimes.

Calazghe training consisted of body weight, and huge amount of boxing related cardio, sparring.

Shhhhh... It's OK. Go back to sleep little thready thread. That big, bad, burly, bulging man woke you up, didn't he?

Back