Training Aggression?

Discussion in 'Weapons and Tactics' started by shadowskip, Jun 21, 2017.

1. shadowskip Yellow Belt

shadowskip
    Hi, so I tried looking it up and there aren't a lot of information. Most of it is "genetics." You either have it or you don't. I could be wrong and looking at the wrong things.

How does one become less afraid during an actual confrontation in a street situation (where say, running isn't a choice)?

While I know there will always be some level of fear, it seems to me that some people handle it better than others. I'd hate to be in a situation where I should've reacted but I freeze up.

I consider myself a pretty confident person on a daily basis with everything together but I'm told that's not the same or even useful during an actual situation.

Thoughts?

2. Gregolian .45 ACP

Gregolian
    It's experience.

When I first started as a bouncer I was scared as fuck until after like the second fight I broke up. You subconsciously almost learn there isn't much to be worried about and what happens happens.

Just to add I am 6'4" and over 350lbs so keep that in mind. It's not like I'm some manlet saying I was nervous/scared.,

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    Ashton likes this.
  3. Ashton Allez Cuisine!

Ashton
    Join a boxing or MMA gym and get punched in the face a few times. No joke. For years I trained at an MMA gym that was run by a guy who was very old school and had a Cobra Kai-style mentality, that breaks you of any timidity real quick. Also if you practice operating in the heightened state after an adrenaline dump, you'll be able to control yourself much better during said state.

ctrlaltdelete likes this.
  4. Protectandserve Brown Belt

Protectandserve
    Actual force on force training is a good start. Simmunitions is perfect to test people out and train being aggressive. There is pain associated with messing up, which helps people take it seriously. Same as sparring in martial arts.

5. sub_thug Red Belt

sub_thug
    Practice a ton. When we do it enough, you'll get comfortable being in those situations. Just tailor your training to whatever the situation is going to be, so fist fights, gun fighting, etc.

6. bushman505 Brown Belt

bushman505

<Moyes5>

7. RerouteToRemain Red Belt

RerouteToRemain
    Does the place you are staying have cool tap/shower water?

8. Gregolian .45 ACP

Gregolian
    I'm working on it.

bushman505 likes this.
  9. bushman505 Brown Belt

bushman505

Yeah man, my mom is rich....and she's in England so I'm chilling in her pool and drinking beer out of her kegerator. She's got air conditioning, grill, beer on tap, a bar, all that shit.

The only thing that sucks is that she didn't leave keys to the nicer cars, only keys to a....Prius....a fucking Prius.

RerouteToRemain and Gregolian like this.
  10. Gregolian .45 ACP

Gregolian
    "I drive a this to have more money for guns and ammo"

Legit bumper sticker I saw on one of those pieces of shit.

bushman505 likes this.
  11. bushman505 Brown Belt

bushman505
    I just wish it looked like a normal car. I can deal with driving a hybrid for a few weeks (only cost like 17 dollars to fill it up the other day) but it just looks like something a lesbian would drive.

Also, I'm. It sure how old it is but it must be like 2008 or something, th built in computer thing on it is so old school it's ridiculous. It's lame because my mom and her husband have a 7 series BMW and a BRAND NEW jeep...like a 2018....but I don't get to drive those.

RerouteToRemain and Gregolian like this.
  12. Gregolian .45 ACP

Gregolian
    Lame.

bushman505 likes this.
  13. bushman505 Brown Belt

bushman505
    The Prius makes me look like a lesbian or a liberal....

Reyesnuthugr and Gregolian like this.
  14. RerouteToRemain Red Belt

RerouteToRemain

Lol I know in some areas tap water in AZ is just hot. Mine is definitely warmer than I'd like.

bushman505 likes this.
  15. bushman505 Brown Belt

bushman505
    The two water is a bit warmer but not hot. It's pretty nice in the house, you can forget about the temperature.

Earlier today I went out (at like 1) and did 30 minutes of junprope and instantly slammed a massive IPA that's like 9%. And jumped in the pool. That felt pretty good.

You know it's hot out when there's not even birds flying around and stuff. I also burned the bottom of my feet yesterday.

Phoenix is sort of crazy, it's like 120 degrees out, everything outside is sharp as fuck, there's tarantulas and scorpions and it's massive, Phoenix is huge, it blows my mind. I'm not from here and actually have only spent a bit of time down here because my mom moved here after I was already done with college and working and stuff. Pretty cool place other than the heat and sharp stuff. Apparently there's a shooting range like just a few minutes away but I don't really have much in the way of guns here and it's far too hot out.

RerouteToRemain likes this.
  16. RerouteToRemain Red Belt

RerouteToRemain
    Yeah I rarely shoot in the summer. If I do I'm out in the desert at 5-6 am and done by 10 and it's still fucking hot. Yesterday or the day before the low was 90... bullshit. Honestly in the shade I don't mind the heat but damn that sun is intense.

bushman505 likes this.
  17. bushman505 Brown Belt

bushman505
    Yeah man, I've been getting up at like 530 to get a run or some sort of a workout in and be back by 8. I got a late start the other day and hiked up to a "wind cave" or something with my pack all loaded up. I was like stumbling on the way back from the heat.

18. RerouteToRemain Red Belt

RerouteToRemain

Yeah a pretty good amount of people die here from the heat. Some peoples bodies not used to the heat even with gallons of water can still get heat stroke out hiking in midday sun. Then the people that just bring a regular water bottle and go on some large hike. They are dehydrated in 20-30 minutes.

Have you been to Sedona?

19. bushman505 Brown Belt

bushman505

I've been to Sedona once a few years ago, it was pretty awesome. If it wasn't so hot I'd cruise up there.

20. Roaming East Green Belt

Roaming East
    as i sit in 90 degree temps with 75% humidity i shrug and carry on.

bushman505 likes this.