Trainer Bob Harper From Biggest Loser Nearly Dies From Heart Attack

TheStruggle

Yellow Card
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.yahoo.com/tv/biggest-loser-host-bob-harper-suffers-heart-attack-164835025.html

NEW YORK (AP) — Fitness trainer and host of NBC's "Biggest Loser" Bob Harper says he is recovering from a serious heart attack that left him unconscious for two days.

Harper tells TMZ he was working out in a gym in New York City this month when he collapsed. He says a doctor who also was in the gym performed CPR on him.

The 51-year-old Harper, whose mother died from a heart attack, says he spent eight days in a New York hospital and has not yet been cleared to fly home to Los Angeles.

Harper has been a fixture on all 17 seasons of "The Biggest Loser." He served as a trainer on the show from 2004 to 2015. He took over as host of the reality weight loss program last year.

These guys are suppose to be the gold standard, fucking hell man

i think that shithole that is NYC does that to people

Genetics , that's why I eat bacon and fat lard everyday now.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/biggest-loser-host-bob-harper-suffers-heart-attack-164835025.html

NEW YORK (AP) — Fitness trainer and host of NBC's "Biggest Loser" Bob Harper says he is recovering from a serious heart attack that left him unconscious for two days.

Harper tells TMZ he was working out in a gym in New York City this month when he collapsed. He says a doctor who also was in the gym performed CPR on him.

The 51-year-old Harper, whose mother died from a heart attack, says he spent eight days in a New York hospital and has not yet been cleared to fly home to Los Angeles.

Harper has been a fixture on all 17 seasons of "The Biggest Loser." He served as a trainer on the show from 2004 to 2015. He took over as host of the reality weight loss program last year.

These guys are suppose to be the gold standard, fucking hell man

So many think that diet and exercise will prevent a heart attack when genetics plays the biggest role.

See..you wint die from your bacon diet, your great great grand kids will..genetics.

Well, working out too much can also fuck you up so maybe it has something to do with that.

Genetics , that's why I eat bacon and fat lard everyday now.

My grandpa did nothing but eat shit food and drink booze all day. He was also homeless for like 20 years, but he was always healthy and kicking. He lived to like 90.

My allergy doctor was a vegan marathon runner and he dropped fucking dead at 45.

Genetics don't fuck around.

My grandpa did nothing but eat shit food and drink booze all day. He was also homeless for like 20 years, but he was always healthy and kicking. He lived to like 90.

My allergy doctor was a vegan marathon runner and he dropped fucking dead at 45.

Genetics don't fuck around.
You let your grandfather be homeless?

Wow, well that is unexpected. I've always liked Bob. He seems okay.

I hope this is just an isolated incident for him.

Speaking of The Biggest Loser, anyone know when that shit is coming back?

As others have mentioned , genetic predisposition plays the biggest role. That's not to say you should listen to the lazy fat lards that'll try to tell you lifestyle has no influence, it certainly does. Even if it didn't, taking reasonable care of yourself translates into a much greater quality of life.

One of my good buddies just turned 40 , smokes and is probably at least 40 lbs overweight. He's really starting to struggle with stuff like longer walks or moderate manual labor , to the point he'll avoid going on hike for example that he wouldve done 5 years ago. Hes got a year old baby daughter too , so not sure why he doesn't seem to be concerned with that angle either. Aint no way to be at frigging 40 years old man

Genetics win.

Also it's probably stressful as dickskin trying to stay at the absolute pinnacle of fitness into your 50s because you're on a tv show about weight loss and fitness. Dude probably hasn't taken a rest day in 17 years.

And also, I read that ingesting too many dicks is. Ad for your heart.

I think Steve Maxwell articulated it the best. Health and performance are two different things and people automatically make an assumption working out hard is automatically a healthy thing. Squatting 300 lbs isn't healthier than squatting 150 lbs.

I don't know what exactly Bob Harper was doing when this happened but if if you have some genetic predisposition for something then it's actually dangerous and less healthy to do certain things especially as you get older. Think of it like a car. If a car has something faulty timing belt coming off the assembly line and you decide to push it hard something might go bad. Same thing with your body. Its not to say you should be a lazy fuck who never does exercise but people always make the wrong assumption that working out hard and long term health go exactly hand and hand. Just wait to you see all of these crossfit dummies at 50+ who ended up spending $1200 a year to end up limping around later in life.

So many think that diet and exercise will prevent a heart attack when genetics plays the biggest role.

My brother is a blob who drinks nothing but cola, eats nothing but sugar and fat, and says vegetables make him sick. He has never in his life exercised.

He's forty-five, has regular blood pressure, and his cholesterol is fine.

Seriously, his diet should be a form of execution and yet he's fine.

Wow, well that is unexpected. I've always liked Bob. He seems okay.

I hope this is just an isolated incident for him.

Speaking of The Biggest Loser, anyone know when that shit is coming back?

Probably never... I remember a while back there was that entire crusade against the show for some of the shit that was going on. Some of it included encouraging the contestants to starve, take "diet pills", some other shit. I remember reading about it and the doctor was talking about how these people fucked up their metabolisms for life from the shit they did on the show.

http://nypost.com/2016/05/22/biggest-loser-fed-us-illicit-drugs-to-lose-weight-ex-contestants/

I think Steve Maxwell articulated it the best. Health and performance are two different things and people automatically make an assumption working out hard is automatically a healthy thing. Squatting 300 lbs isn't healthier than squatting 150 lbs.

I don't know what exactly Bob Harper was doing when this happened but if if you have some genetic predisposition for something then it's actually dangerous and less healthy to do certain things especially as you get older. Think of it like a car. If a car has something faulty timing belt coming off the assembly line and you decide to push it hard something might go bad. Same thing with your body. Its not to say you should be a lazy fuck who never does exercise but people always make the wrong assumption that working out hard and long term health go exactly hand and hand. Just wait to you see all of these crossfit dummies at 50+ who ended up spending $1200 a year to end up limping around later in life.

Steve maxwell has good stuff and you are right he has really adapted and stayed fit over the years. Back in the day he was all about absolutely brutal conditioning circuits and kettlebell workouts, now he's really into mobility, flexibility and slowing the aging process.

My dad has started to use more of his stuff and at a similar age I think it's good, he's not so worried about doing heavy deadlifts as much as things like spine and hip mobility and general conditioning.

Back