Trail Running Shoes

once i got my first pair of asics i never got different running shoe. Best Trail runners ever in my opinion. Im using the asics FujiTrabuco 5 gtx. plan to run a race in those in a month. Asics 1000 5 GTX i recommemd for TS. were not too agressive thread so were good on trails and road. FujiTrabuco 5 gtx too agressive for road and traction slightly slippery when i try running on road

Yeah dude I tried another shoe once but went straight back. Fuji Trabuco 6 for me currently and have no issue with these slipping on the road. Just wet tiles but dont think you can prevent that!

The brooks cascadia gtx is by far the superior make and model stiff support is all u need dumb dumb.

Last edited:
Yeah dude I tried another shoe once but went straight back. Fuji Trabuco 6 for me currently and have no issue with these slipping on the road. Just wet tiles but dont think you can prevent that!
Thats little boy talk

Asics are a decent trail shoe and usually reasonably priced. Another vote for a Brooks Cascsdia as a solid choice.

But the best trail shoes by far for quality a La Sportiva, although they are expensive. The La Sportiva Bushido is the finest quality trail shoe I've ever worn, but possibly too aggressive for some. It borders on being a mountain shoe, although i wouldnt wear it on a full-on Fell Race in poor conditions here in the UK.

The Bushido doesn't have much cushioning though, and if this is an issue then the Akasha is a fantastic alternative. A lot more cushioning and the grip is equally good (although again I wouldnt risk on a Fell Race in the UK). I currently use these for all my training(trail, track, road, grass). I am loathe to go for full road shoes, as when I race (mountain/fell) I use shoes with little or no cushioning, and the shock of going from regular road shoes to pure Fell shoes would be too much.

That said I'll be going back to the excellent Bushidos for my next purchase.

^ who let the aspergers kid in here?

Drive to the trailhead? Trails are so much better than any other form of running it’s worth it.

I’ve got about 10 different trailheads within a 5-10 minute drive.

There is no such thing as "the best shoe". There is only "the right shoe for you". Try a few different types until you like one, test it on the trail and if you still like them buy 5 pairs.

DSC_1684.jpg

Go to shoe store and ask. The major brands like Adidas, Nike make them. There are also companies that specialize in outdoor wear that make them too like Merrell

Back