Traditional "Martial Arts" Appreciation Thread - (NO DISCUSSION)

Some of those are ridiculous though. For instance:
-Line n°8, the 7th from the left. Is that a flying headbutt to the stomach like Honda in Street Fighter 2?
-Or line n°5, the 2nd one from the right, dropping the entire body into an elbow to the thigh? Really?
You never elbow-dropped anyone's thigh?

2olvoe.jpg

Some of those are ridiculous though. For instance:
-Line n°8, the 7th from the left. Is that a flying headbutt to the stomach like Honda in Street Fighter 2?
-Or line n°5, the 2nd one from the right, dropping the entire body into an elbow to the thigh? Really?

i think quite a bit of stuff in muay boran, or perhaps what muay boran is today.........is nonsense.

I think the same could be said for Krabi Krabong, I am going to make the guess that Krabi Krabong today, is not the same Krabi Krabong of the past. Most of the stuff I have seen of it now a days, have done a good job at making it look alot more like a fantasy martial art than combat, which it obviously wasnt originally, but it seems it has gone that way. The hardcore european dudes are still into and knowledgeable of realistic combat sword fighting, which makes sense since it was a big part of euorpean history...if you do some youtube searching you can find some great knowledge being shared from some "real deal" european sword fighter dudes, however in this video here, the thai does a great job of making krabi krabong look like fantasy. as long as were bringing up fantasy, most the stuff in this thread is fantasy martial arts.

however in this video here, the thai does a great job of making krabi krabong look like fantasy. as long as were bringing up fantasy, most the stuff in this thread is fantasy martial arts.

He got exposed big time. He was trying to pass on certain techniques as effective but shown right away why he'd get killed trying those silly moves lol.

He got exposed big time. He was trying to pass on certain techniques as effective but shown right away why he'd get killed trying those silly moves lol.

yeah, the european dudes were still kind about it, instead of hey your stuff sucks, they were like, oh yes I see, the styles are different, interesting. lol

Some more basic Baji Applications . Once again mirroring the karate thread and showing that what are thought of as blocks are not in fact blocks. In this case an outside block being used as an armdrag trip

plus shoulder butting into a single leg

as with every martial art, there is fantasy vs reality, and reality being harder to find now a days. I am pretty sure back in the day, no bullshit sword fighting techniques were being taught/used, because you would die if you tried them, therefore I would guess only the most practical and efficient techniques were used as your life depended on it rather than looking fancy/flashy.

some good, practical techniques

a little more practical krabi krabong

Last edited:
FAMILY STYLE DAI SIFU SERGEI SHELESTOV IRON RINGS TRAINING

Chau Wing Tak Hung Gar-Gung Ji Fuk Fu Kuen

これが沖縄空手だ!part 1 (This is Okinawa Karate! ) 驚異の鍛錬方法 (上地流)

宮平保/凄い! 伝統中国武術の実戦性② REAL CHINESE MARTIAL ARTS 2 / TAMOTSU MIYAHIRA

Christian Tissier - the 20th anniversary of Shin Dojo Aikido Club

Demonstration Christian Tissier Shihan at the World Combat Games 2013

Back