traditional hand wraps vs gel hand wraps/ inner gloves.

Honestly, I just use the Everlast Mexican style ones. They're thin enough that they don't get too bulky between the fingers, and they don't wrinkle, which is a really obnoxious problem I've had with many other types of wrap. The velcro piece is a bit long, so that if you use the whole thing you'll end up placing it over part of the wrap itself, which starts pulling out the weave. But this is easily remedied by just cutting the velcro strip at about two inches or so.

They also dry really quickly, probably because of the thinness. I wash my wraps only occasionally, and hang them up outside clothesline-style to let them dry right after every session. They don't ever smell, and when I do wash them I just stick them in a pair of soccer socks so that they don't get tangled/velcroed to other articles of clothing.

And I've never had any difficulty doing pushups. If you do, you're probably wrapping your hands too tight.

Honestly, I just use the Everlast Mexican style ones. They're thin enough that they don't get too bulky between the fingers, and they don't wrinkle, which is a really obnoxious problem I've had with many other types of wrap. The velcro piece is a bit long, so that if you use the whole thing you'll end up placing it over part of the wrap itself, which starts pulling out the weave. But this is easily remedied by just cutting the velcro strip at about two inches or so.

They also dry really quickly, probably because of the thinness. I wash my wraps only occasionally, and hang them up outside clothesline-style to let them dry right after every session. They don't ever smell, and when I do wash them I just stick them in a pair of soccer socks so that they don't get tangled/velcroed to other articles of clothing.

And I've never had any difficulty doing pushups. If you do, you're probably wrapping your hands too tight.

Are you doing push ups on the flats of your hands or knuckles? If your doing it on the flats of your hands, how do you manage to move your hands enough? Do you let it kind of slack and then tighten up before putting your gloves on? Because if you can move your wrist freely, doesnt that kind of defeat the point in wearing them?

Are you doing push ups on the flats of your hands or knuckles? If your doing it on the flats of your hands, how do you manage to move your hands enough? Do you let it kind of slack and then tighten up before putting your gloves on? Because if you can move your wrist freely, doesnt that kind of defeat the point in wearing them?

No, it doesn't. What you're looking for is the support in the wrists to keep them from flopping around unintentionally. That way, when you're throwing a punch you don't have to worry about landing a punch with your wrist bent, as the wrap should keep it aligned, but if you need to flex your wrists, you should still be able to. It'll be a little stiffer, but you shouldn't have that much trouble.

No, it's been said already. You're imagining that hand wraps are meant to immobilize your wrist. They're not. That's your job, and the reason you should focus on how you hold your fist and your wrist. What the hand wraps do is stabilize your wrist in this position. It's perfectly possible and easy to bend your wrists if you want to.

Thanks alot guys, the last 2 posts have helped alot.
It's one of those things though where you have no idea what it will be like until I actually try them on and then I'm sure I'll know exactly what you meant.

Yup. Make sure you don't wrap them too tight, and make sure you spread your fingers and test your ability to make a fist between every inter-finger wrap. You want support but, again, not the feeling of wearing a cast, or any tight squeeze on your hand that might cut off circulation. Generally my tightest part of the wrap is over the thumb at the beginning, and right at the end when I'm finishing off around the bones of the wrist.

I'd also suggest spending time going over various wrapping tutorials on youtube and practicing for a bit. That should give you an idea how tight to wrap and what method you might prefer, and you'll get the motions down so you will be able to wrap yourself quicker.

Find a couple different methods you like and try one at each class, so you can get a feel for them.

I'd also suggest spending time going over various wrapping tutorials on youtube and practicing for a bit. That should give you an idea how tight to wrap and what method you might prefer, and you'll get the motions down so you will be able to wrap yourself quicker.

Find a couple different methods you like and try one at each class, so you can get a feel for them.

Yeah I planned on trying a few out to see what i prefer. I'll put my gloves on and hit my bag a couple of time to see which I prefer.
I'll definately be practicing a little bit so I'll remember how to do it without the tutorial.
Not alot I can do now until they come, Royal Mail take the piss sometimes. In all fairness it was only dispatched yesterday but because its standard delivery it could be here as late as next thursday apparently.

3-5 days standard delivery yknow, usually 3, they just say as late as Thursday so you dont complain before then

Yeah I suppose so, might be here tomorrow. I hope do lol.
I had an HDMI lead from amazon a few weeks ago and it took 10 days to get here, i thought it may have just been a one off and thought nothing of it until i ordered a DVI to HDMI lead and that took 10 days aswel I think, from different sources aswel, wasn't happy but what am I going to do?

I recently got the black ones from this shop "B2Fitness" but on Ebay.

I must say I was expecting something better. Or maybe I have just been unlucky. I'm right now waiting to receive my third pair since the first two have not been anything like the description.

Problems I had with them:
1, They are nowhere close to 180" (4,5 m). They are more 160" (4 m).
2, The wraps, from the same pair, aren't the same length (One was 4,12 m the other 4,36 m. This you will notice while wearing them).
3, The stitches around the Velcro are coming off, and I haven't even started using them.
4, They smell like something from an old garage/shed. Needs washing ASAP!
5, They don't come with that handy see through bag shown on the picture (which can be helpful to hold your wraps if you would role them with the Velcro on the inside).

I've been in touch with the company several times and they explain the length issue by stating that it says " ...'approximately' 4,5 meter..." in their description. I replied by saying most people interpret "approximately" as

This will be interesting to find out then because I just looked and I have ordered from the same company but on Amazon.
The service they are providing you sounds shocking though to be honest, I hope I don't have to go through the same thing. Although all of the reviews on Amazon are pretty outstanding so maybe your the exception in this case, strange that they keep messing you about though.
Keep me updated on what happens with yours though and I'll definately be posting on here about them once they arrive.

The Amazon and Ebay reviews were exactly the reason I went for these wraps. And yes, I am as amazed as you are when I compare the the reviews with the service I've gotten. If they mess up again I'll just ask for a refund and go with one of these:

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/MEISTER-MMA-...pment&var=&hash=item6fc2a624d8#ht_1271wt_1141

or

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/BLACK-Rival-...es-Boxing-Gloves-/190709724159#ht_2166wt_1189

I believe both of these wraps are also available on Amazon. They both gotten good reviews. Unfortunately the latter one was recently sold out and they won't receive new ones until next year.

I'll def keep you posted and wish you good luck with your purchase! :icon_lol:

The Amazon and Ebay reviews were exactly the reason I went for these wraps. And yes, I am as amazed as you are when I compare the the reviews with the service I've gotten. If they mess up again I'll just ask for a refund and go with one of these:

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/MEISTER-MMA-...pment&var=&hash=item6fc2a624d8#ht_1271wt_1141

or

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/BLACK-Rival-...es-Boxing-Gloves-/190709724159#ht_2166wt_1189

I believe both of these wraps are also available on Amazon. They both gotten good reviews. Unfortunately the latter one was recently sold out and they won't receive new ones until next year.

I'll def keep you posted and wish you good luck with your purchase! :icon_lol:
Meister is thin and not to stretchy just so you know. if you like that kind of feel then go for it.
I have about 6 pairs of those handwraps.

its okay, I would rather slowly build my collection of handwraps on a mediocre or premium line of handwraps than buy alot of cheap ones. Buy a pair and try it out.

You may like it if you got big hands and putting handwraps make it only bigger.
Meister handwraps don't take up that much space. good for MMA gloves IMO.

Ok so they arrived this morning so I can't really complain about the delivery as it was reasonably fast for standard delivery.
I opened the packaging and unfortunately as mentioned before they were not in the carry case which the item description says, this is something I'll speak to the seller about but for now I'll concentrate on the hand wraps.
There was no unpleasent damp garage smell or anything, the one thing I might gripe about is perhaps very very minimal freyed sticking but it's so minor I could only see it under extreme scrutiny.
I watched a few tutorials and wrapped my hand along with them and to be honest they feel really good in the way they make my hand feel safe and secure when finished.
I had no issue with different length wraps (both are very long) and have more than enough length to wrap my wrists and knuckles plenty of time to provide the better support and padding.
Shame they didn't come with the case though as it would make things alot easier in your kit bag but as I've said I'm going to contact the seller and see if they'll send me one.

Ok so they arrived this morning so I can't really complain about the delivery as it was reasonably fast for standard delivery.
I opened the packaging and unfortunately as mentioned before they were not in the carry case which the item description says, this is something I'll speak to the seller about but for now I'll concentrate on the hand wraps.
There was no unpleasent damp garage smell or anything, the one thing I might gripe about is perhaps very very minimal freyed sticking but it's so minor I could only see it under extreme scrutiny.
I watched a few tutorials and wrapped my hand along with them and to be honest they feel really good in the way they make my hand feel safe and secure when finished.
I had no issue with different length wraps (both are very long) and have more than enough length to wrap my wrists and knuckles plenty of time to provide the better support and padding.
Shame they didn't come with the case though as it would make things alot easier in your kit bag but as I've said I'm going to contact the seller and see if they'll send me one.

Wow, Im surprised they are the same length and have no smell! Maybe it's just the black ones, then?

Let me know what the seller says about that see through bag?

Wow, Im surprised they are the same length and have no smell! Maybe it's just the black ones, then?

Let me know what the seller says about that see through bag?

No the wraps appear to be fine, no complaints at all about them.
As far as contact with the seller, I sent them a messege explaining that I didn't receive the bag and they contacted me pretty quickly stating they will give me a refund of

Back