Toys R' Us goes out of business, closes all stores

My childhood died when child world closed anyway

No surprise the closest one to me hasn't been busy in years

now is your chance to get a clearance sale price on "Funko POP! UFC 3.75 inch Vinyl Figure - Ronda Rousey"

https://www.toysrus.com/product?productId=101760666

funko-pop!-ufc-3.75-inch-vinyl-figure-ronda-rousey--B90838CD.zoom.jpg

Never should have stocked their inventory with Rose Tico figurines.

Walmart started it, Amazon put the nail in the coffin.

They had a good run.

I'll always remember the time my mother brought me there after the eye doctors, to buy me a toy in order to cheer me up.

I couldn't see much and all was blurry. So she stood me in front of the action figures and told me to point to one and she'd buy it for me. I picked out Krang from Ninja Turtles. Good memory.

Damn... as a kid growing up in the 80's I will always remember the Toys R Us commercial below. When this commercial came on TV you knew it was almost Christmas time.

I think toys are becoming obsolete.
These days when I go out to restaurants, I see a tablet in every child's hand.

Bought a lot of gameboy games there.

Super soakers and a bike one time .

1993 was epic

RIP in peace.

Also, seems like they didn't change with the times, were overpriced, and the employees didn't give a shit.

They had a good run.

I'll always remember the time my mother brought me there after the eye doctors, to buy me a toy in order to cheer me up.

I couldn't see much and all was blurry. So she stood me in front of the action figures and told me to point to one and she'd buy it for me. I picked out Krang from Ninja Turtles. Good memory.
but why you need to be cheered up after seeing the eye doctor, doe?

My wife was there today. Not only are there no clearance sales, the employees are apparently being told that they're not closing. This is despite the fact that the last day for gift card use was this past weekend and legit.

That is some cold shit to lie to people about.
"I heard some stuff on CNBC about..."
"Fake news! Back to work!"

My favorite place to go as a kid. Oh well sign of the times. It's hard for brick and mortar retail stores to compete with Amazon

Last edited:
but why you need to be cheered up after seeing the eye doctor, doe?

Because I was a small child and afterwards I couldn't see shit but blurred images for over an hour, and it was a horrible experience. I didn't even know I picked out Krang until later on, because I could barely see.

Back