Toyota, Mazda to build $1.6 billion plant in Alabama

bobgeese

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
(Reuters) - Alabama will be the site of a new $1.6 billion Toyota Motor Corp and Mazda Motor Corp auto plant, a victory for President Donald Trump who had prodded manufacturers to build new U.S. facilities and threatened tariffs on foreign production, sources said on Tuesday.

The plant, which will employ up to 4,000 people and produce about 300,000 vehicles a year, will be located in Huntsville, Alabama, and is a boon for the state, where Toyota has a large engine plant and an existing network of automotive suppliers.

The new plant --in a state Trump won by 28 points in 2016 -- could be a political boost to the Republican president, who has urged automakers to build plants in the United States and add jobs.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...illion-plant-in-alabama-sources-idUSKBN1EY2PF

Please Mr President, we can’t take all this winning.

About what?

Life.

Anyone who replies to

“Great news! A billion dollar investment and thousands of jobs”

With

“Well, how many of those will be lost in 20 years”

Lives a sad existence. Sorry life irreparably damaged your anus.

Life.

Anyone who replies to

“Great news! A billion dollar investment and thousands of jobs”

With

“Well, how many of those will be lost in 20 years”

Lives a sad existence. Sorry life irreparably damaged your anus.
I really didn't put that much thought into it, it was just a simple critical statement.

You on the other hand seem to be rather obsessed with anal trauma. What are you trying to tell us?

How many will be replaced by automation in the next 20?

People that write shit like this usually have no idea how engineering or manufacturing works at all.

By your logic this gives people 20 YEARS to get their act together and collect some money for their children. That's plenty of time for them.. Then they can lose their job and move onto something else.

I really didn't put that much thought into it, it was just a simple critical statement.

You on the other hand seem to be rather obsessed with anal trauma. What are you trying to tell us?
when automation hits the factory will be retrofitted to a anal trauma center

People that write shit like this usually have no idea how engineering or manufacturing works at all.

By your logic this gives people 20 YEARS to get their act together and collect some money for their children. That's plenty of time for them.. Then they can lose their job and move onto something else.
Not even the big issue in my mind but ok thank you for that.

when automation hits the factory will be retrofitted to a anal trauma center
Laughing-Online.gif

Thats awesome, its mostly for electric vehicles and battery production.

At the same time, the Detroit Big Three auto makers have been dialing back production at some North American plants this year and, in some cases cutting shifts or entire product lines.

Ford Motor Co. said this week it would temporarily suspend production at three U.S. factories and two Mexican plants. General Motors Co. has cut shifts at certain plants in the U.S., and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV has exited production of all but a handful of sedans and will shut down a Canadian plant making its flagship minivan for five weeks this fall.

Oh so more cars to pollute the air, Trump is really anti-science, I am literally shaking at this news and by the way it is only happening because of Obama's policies not the sexist commander pig in chief.

No but really this is good news, any more businesses adding or opening on American land should be celebrated.

That people browsing an online forum for leisure who offhandedly post deceptively simple responses in discussions have prolapsed anuses?

You're arguing to argue. This thread is about a great thing for the US, not automation. Take your negative nancy attitude to the proper thread

Honda has had a plant in Alabama since 2001. I wonder why they choose Alabama?

How many will be replaced by automation in the next 20?

I don’t remember the study, but half of the workers typically replaced by automation anyway are gained back in the automation design, install, and maintenance sector at significantly higher paying wages, and the automation allows greater production increasing supply and lowering price to the people who buy those goods. Automation is a good thing, it shouldn’t be stopped because all Hank knows how to do is push the buttons he’s been pushing since 1982

Unskilled workers will have to adapt to working in the service industry, if they’re not smart and get one of 100s of job training programs/certificates out there

You're arguing to argue. This thread is about a great thing for the US, not automation. Take your negative nancy attitude to the proper thread
That was my point all along it is not a great thing for the US and you only need to SKIM Opie's SUMMARY and have an 8th grade education to be capable of surmising that. It's great for Toyota, its shareholders, and whatever percentage of the "up to 4,000" people really enjoy their tenure there. They're publicly traded multi-national corporations that started in Japan. Do some basic Mathematics. The plant costs 1.6 Billion. They make 300k cars a year. At an average of 14k per vehicle(not MSRP or Dealer invoice) they could only sell half their inventory for the year, pay every employee at that plant(even the custodial staff) at least 100k, furnish tooling, and significant R&D and still be in the black in one year. If they sell everything, that is about 50 Billion USD in revenue from that plant alone within 10 years. How much of that will the average US citizen see? Don't worry, I'll wait. Who will have to bail them out if they're in danger of going under? Oh. Who will have to pay way less taxes than the average citizen on that revenue? Oh.

I don’t remember the study, but half of the workers typically replaced by automation anyway are gained back in the automation design, install, and maintenance sector at significantly higher paying wages, and the automation allows greater production increasing supply and lowering price to the people who buy those goods. Automation is a good thing, it shouldn’t be stopped because all Hank knows how to do is push the buttons he’s been pushing since 1982

Unskilled workers will have to adapt to working in the service industry, if they’re not smart and get one of 100s of job training programs/certificates out there
It's inevitable that A.I. and automation will replace most if not all human labor. This is a rather self-evident concept in this age. 4,000 employees isn't a lot.

Last edited:
Probably more to do with the fact that Toyota has a large engine plant and an existing network of automotive suppliers in the state already more than anything else.

Back