Toxic Beliefs that you have Let Go/Trying to let go

Money buys a happiness only poor people understand.

Where I come from, EVERY poor person understands that whatever pain you have - hunger pains, being outside in winter, being thirsty, being ill, etc., can be solved through money and not having money means no solution for the issue. Poor people generally accept that money doesn't give you "genuine perfect joy" but this is an exaggeration. It gives you a different joy, called "Security". This is based on Abraham Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs; in short, the first needs you have are your immediate security needs and money is the current world solution for those needs. When you've got your bills paid, and you aren't worrying that buying food today might mean my car runs out of gas on the way home from work and then I am screwed...

Money buys a happiness only poor people understand.

I pretty much agree^^^. I'll never let my kids live in a poor area like I did as a kid. It literally rewires your brain for life.

THere is an amount of money that can make you unhappy. There are few worse things than the feeling of people knowing you have money and you're thinking that every conversation/interaction you have is because they want something from you.

I have a buddy like this and I told him that the simple answer was to just tell people you're giving it all away to charity when you pass.

I'm confused by number one. You say that you should push to get them into the best school possible but then say it's better to be elite at a second tier school than second tier at an elite university.

Second one is odd. Certainly the Jews aren't the current day aggressors but the Arabs/Palestinian's were fucked over for that land by both the British and then the Israeli state.

#1: My past belief was that you should get your kid into the best school possible. That's fine if your kid does well at the top school but if they struggle it's actually detrimental.

#2: I would never try to debate the Israeli - Palestinian conflict using only a few sentaces on a human cock fighting website because it is way too complex. I'm just saying I used to side with the Palestinians strongly and now I think much differently. Most of it comes from getting to know a lot of Israelis.

Back