Tournament with peak versions of 80s welterweight greats

Gregoire1

дезоксерибонулеиновая кислота
@purple
Reaction score
Four great boxers from 80s: Leonard, Hagler, Hearns, Duran at their peak versions. Bouts in Catchweight! Who would win and why?
First of all,which year was peak for each? I think for Leonard- 1982, Duran - 1980, Hearns-1982, Hagler - 1983
Now, peak versions tournament with each fighter face other three 10 times each.
My total score:
1. Leonard
2. Hagler
3. Hearns
4. Durant

Your thoughts?

Four great boxers from 80s: Leonard, Hagler, Hearns, Duran at their peak versions. Bouts in Catchweight! Who would win and why?
First of all,which year was peak for each? I think for Leonard- 1982, Duran - 1980, Hearns-1982, Hagler - 1983
Now, peak versions tournament with each fighter face other three 10 times each.
My total score:
1. Leonard
2. Hagler
3. Hearns
4. Durant

Your thoughts?
Hagler was a middleweight.

The way they performed at their peaks, I'd take Leonard. He outboxed Hagler and showed he had that boxing ability when he rematched Duran too.

As mentioned above Hagler was a middleweight and the case could be made that the others were near their best at 147. As we all know SRL beat Hearns, but if they fought 10 times I think they would split about even if the fight was 15 rounds. If the fights were 12 rounds, I'd take Hearns 7/10 over SRL. Best version of Hagler would win most of the time against the 160lb versions of Duran (10/10), Leonard(8/10) and Hearns(10/10).

as mentioned, Hagler was a middle, and Hearns was a lot more durable as he moved up in weight

they all fought each other, Leonard come out the best at the end of the day

As mentioned above Hagler was a middleweight and the case could be made that the others were near their best at 147. As we all know SRL beat Hearns, but if they fought 10 times I think they would split about even if the fight was 15 rounds. If the fights were 12 rounds, I'd take Hearns 7/10 over SRL. Best version of Hagler would win most of the time against the 160lb versions of Duran (10/10), Leonard(8/10) and Hearns(10/10).
I was split at first on Hagler or Leonard. Hagler got outboxed by lesser guys than prime Leonard though. The question is whether the best version of Ray was the guy who got dragged into an unnecessary war with Duran the first time they fought.

I was split at first on Hagler or Leonard. Hagler got outboxed by lesser guys than prime Leonard though. The question is whether the best version of Ray was the guy who got dragged into an unnecessary war with Duran the first time they fought.

i thought Ray won the first fight

he stood toe to toe with Duran and matched him IMO, i thought he won the fight when you stop listening to the stupid commentry and actually watch how each guy fought

You could have a point, I'm somewhat biased as Hagler was my favorite growing up and I've never really cared for SRL.

You could have a point, I'm somewhat biased as Hagler was my favorite growing up and I've never really cared for SRL.
I drank 7up for a while because of Ray.

I drank 7up for a while because of Ray.
Lol... Not sure why I never cared for him. He was super skilled. I remember really wanting Hearns to beat him. Same with Hagler. Maybe he just rubbed me like an entitled pretty boy. I kinda had the same feeling about Oscar.

I'm not really sure it's a contest it's Leonard hagler hearns and Duran in that order. Or give me a brilliant reason why not.

My take:
Leonard
Hagler
Hearns
Duran

Back