Toughest fighters that have tapped to strikes?

Black Helicopters

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I’m talking about people who will never have their heart questioned and tapped simply because they took too much punishment

Shogun was tapping to strikes when the referee stepped in against Jon Jones

Randy Couture tapped to strikes while mounted by a much larger Rocco Rodriguez in the 4th round. He thought his orbital was broken after taking an elbow by Ricco

And Igor Vovchanchyn tapped against Coleman when he was pinned down and taking huge knees to the top of his skull

Any other examples or is that all of them from legitimately mentally tough guys?

Future Champion Tito Ortiz vs Frank Shamrock... Just for fun.

giphy.gif

<{Joewithit}>

Last edited:
I think Igor has to be the answer. I don't think there's anyone much tougher in the history of the sport.

Champion Tito vs Frank Shamrock

giphy.gif
Good call and possibly the most underrated fight ever because of the time it happened

Although Tito was always intimidated by Chuck so he’s a little lower than Randy, Igor, and Shogun, IMO

The beating Shogun took from Jones was inhuman.

Cro Cop vs JDS
Cro Cop had a cut on his eyelid or was blinded for a second right? If I recall correctly he didn’t directly verbally submit though obviously the ref rightfully ended the fight when he basically said he couldn’t continue

Georges St Pierre.
GSP was mentally pretty weak at that time and visited sports psychologists to deal with it

He eventually became a tough MFer as evidenced by the Condit fight where he was nearly decapitated and kept it together for 2 more rounds. But I would say GSP was quite mentally weak for the time. He also admitted to being completely intimidated by Hughes in the first fight

Could call with Igor man. That guy is one of the most underrated pfp toughest guy I've seen in this sport. He peaked when it really was a bloodsport.

Cro Cop had a cut on his eyelid or was blinded for a second right? If I recall correctly he didn’t directly verbally submit though obviously the ref rightfully ended the fight when he basically said he couldn’t continue
He told Miragliotta he couldn't continue in the middle of the fight after taking an uppercut to the face while still standing.
It's the definition of a verbal submission to strikes.

Champion Shogun vs Jones...
Man Shogun knew he was fucked as he walked into the cage.

I also think Serra/GSP. GSP is one tough SOB, he took some knocks that wouldve killed lesser men in some fights.

I also think Serra/GSP. GSP is one tough SOB, he took some knocks that wouldve killed lesser men.
"I also think Serra/GSP. GSP is one tough SOB, he took some knocks that wouldve killed lesser men."

lmao

"I also think Serra/GSP. GSP is one tough SOB, he took some knocks that wouldve killed lesser men."

lmao

Ehh, that headkick from Condit sleeps most WWs.

I also think Serra/GSP. GSP is one tough SOB, he took some knocks that wouldve killed lesser men in some fights.
Lol

GSP tapped to strikes to a LW who had 1 KO coming in to the fight.

Shogun is the correct answer.

Back