Toughest current rematches?

Armitage Shanks

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Just wondered which rematches you thought would be real tough for guys trying to win back some honour?

The one that really stands out for me is Garbrant v Dillashaw.

TJ is in Cody’s head so much, Cody has less chance in the rematch. Imagine, Dillashaw destroys your whole team on TUF with ease, then knocks you out cold. Cody got Alpha’d (excuse the pun) so hard I just can’t see another fight going well for him.

Rockhold v Weidman

I could tell Rockhold was in Weidman’s head right from the start, with him even saying he doesn’t want his wife looking at Luke’s picture because of how handsome he was. He was joking, of course, but it was evidence that Weidman has a huge inferiority complex with Rockhold

Weidman has a shot in the rematch. People forget that Rockhold capitalized on a super sloppy kick from Weidman

seems cub swanson and ricardo lamas might be in a situation were they could rematch.

thats a tough fight for both

I'd gladly watch all 3 of those rematches, however before then, they should make

Chris Weidman vs Jacare Souza
TJ Dillashaw vs Mighty Mouse
Luke Rockhold vs Bisping 3 (retirement fight for Bisping since he doesnt want Machida?)
Cody Garbrandt vs a top contender at 135 or 145er (he expressed interest in facing Frankie Edgar)

Weidman has a shot in the rematch. People forget that Rockhold capitalized on a super sloppy kick from Weidman
Ok, Rockhold just lost, And is kind of a dick, but that is nonsense. That was a very onesided fight, And at NO point was Weidman ahead.

Diaz would have a really hard time beating McGregor in a 3rd fight.

McGregor-Choke.jpg

Cody will never beat TJ. TJ perma-owns him. Not just in fighting, but in life.

And it's not from the fight. It's from TJ's epic come from behind destruction of him in tetherball on the show.

Pure mental and spiritual ownership.

You know Diaz won the first and McRunner barely out ran, as in turned his back and ran away the 2nd fight and only barely got a decision.

I think Romero torches Whittaker in the rematch. Had him in the first fight, up 2-0 going into the deadly third, but seemed to be overthinking and never went for the kill. Romero is too smart to make the same mistake again, rematch ends in knockout one way or another but I got Romero.

I think if Aldo rematches McGregor, it would be very difficult for him to win it.

I could tell Rockhold was in Weidman’s head right from the start, with him even saying he doesn’t want his wife looking at Luke’s picture because of how handsome he was. He was joking, of course, but it was evidence that Weidman has a huge inferiority complex with Rockhold

I think He was JUST making a joke. Weidman is the playful type, he has a good sense of humor.

you never heard the story about how he took a shit in his wifes bedroom trash can?

Back