Total War: Warhammer 2 comes out tomorrow (also; play TW:WH with me) | Page 7

Discussion in 'Video Game Forum' started by Der Eisbär, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Blayt7hh Gold Belt

Blayt7hh
    I haven’t had a chance to play Tomb Kong’s much yet but they seem hard as hell to use in the campaign. Lizardmen are definitely the easiest to use. Kroq Gar is a wrecking machine that eats anything big once he gets his mounts. So far I’ve liked the Lizardmen the most and honestly they seem like they might be op. Especially later in the game when all your hero’s are riding stegadons and Carnosaurs. I’m ok with that though

2. Rational Poster Scourge of the War Room

Rational Poster
    Nah, Tomb Kings are probably one of the easiest factions in the game. When you have just one army it's a bit tough early on, but that's the same for most factions.

Not having to pay unit upkeep is nuts. A late game Tomb King AI is ridiculous because even with 1 province they'll have like 8 full stacks of units.

Their skeleton chaff units as far as I can tell are a bit better than the Vampire Count counterparts and you can fill your stack in no time with them.

You can recruit from the regular recruit pool and the global pool at the same time and rapidly fill your armies for free.

Khatep is a beast because he takes one turn off global recruitment which means you can refill your armies in one turn while in enemy territory!

3. ookii Brown Belt

ookii
    On the mortal empire playthrough, Kroq and Queek both have one of the hardest starting points especially now the with the Tomb King DLC. Not only do they fight each other so early on in the game, they have to contend with vampire counts, (Drawves/Orcs depending on if you play Skaven or Lizardmen) and now the Tomb Kings so close to their towns.

High Elves have it so easy since they have one island to themselves

4. GhostZ06 Steel Belt

GhostZ06

i dont like where the empire are on the big ass map, insta sack buy choas and fucking they wont stop going to war with everything lol

i might do brettonia and start all over.

5. Blayt7hh Gold Belt

Blayt7hh
    Ah well I didn’t get much of a feel for them before I had to go. It just looked like it would take forever for them to really get going. I was playing on normal and watching the basic off units chew up the skeletons. I guess you have to spend out TK early then

6. Blayt7hh Gold Belt

Blayt7hh
    I played mortal empires and didn’t think it was particularly hard with Kroq Gar, but I usually go after skaven first. Saurus are silly good early in the game though the AI seems to struggle against them. That was before TK though. I bet I can still take them fine with Kroq Gar though.

High elves are always annoying in that game though. I think the ai must have lower upkeep costs or something because they just field endless stacks of Swordmasters and Seaguard

7. Rational Poster Scourge of the War Room

Rational Poster
    It takes like 15 turns to research a second army, then it's pretty much GG.

The other thing is that the player starts with some powerful monster units in their stack and you can really take advantage of them to even up fights against better armies.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  8. Byron Carter Purveyor of Wisdom

Byron Carter
    Random thoughts before bed:

Lord Mazdamundi has replaced Kroq-Gar as my favorite hero in the game. Banishment, Ruination of Cities, and Comet of Cassandora are all so satisfying to cast.

Ushabti Great Bows need a nerf. Either raise the cost in multiplayer, or reduce that damage.

More people need to play non-Elves/TK's. I feel like every game of Multiplayer, I'm against Elves/TK.

Der Eisbär and ookii like this.
  9. ThulsaDooom Purple Belt

ThulsaDooom
    I still think Lizardmen have some of the easier starts in ME. Kroq-gar's Saurus Warrior buffs are nuts and one unit of those is worth 3-4 TK skeleton spearmen at least. I fought a stack of 18 AI Kroq-gar units with Khalida and another TK lord stack of only spearmen, a couple archers and chariots. It was a total battle of attrition and we both took heavy, heavy losses.

I really hope they don't nerf them but should up the price for them in mp. I'm never a fan of single player suffering because of multiplayer (big reason why Destiny 2 is such a shitshow). I had a lot of fun using Ushabti Greatbows to melt siege towers faster than any artillery piece in the game. They're definitely op but they're so much fun to use against the AI, especially cavalry.

10. GhostZ06 Steel Belt

GhostZ06

the empire have a shitty start imo. You have to deal with choas right at the door step

ookii and ThulsaDooom like this.
  11. ThulsaDooom Purple Belt

ThulsaDooom
    Definitely. I haven't played Empire yet but they've got shit to deal with all around. Seems kind of exciting though! I'm going to have to comb through some mods and give Empire a go very soon.

The AI Empire always gets wrecked in my campaigns because of the Norsca tribes, Chaos corruption and then AI Vlad (he gets beat down sometimes though) and Mannfred are conquerin' sons of bitches.

12. warriorscomeout Silver Belt

warriorscomeout
    Just finished a minor campaign.

TK are shit at the beginning, middling in the middle and snowball the opposition at the end. I really hate not having elite units for a long time because I hate using mass mobs.

Naggarond could probably give me a good fight for the Domination Victory but I can't be bothered because that means about 200 turns of conquering the entire map.

ThulsaDooom likes this.
  13. warriorscomeout Silver Belt

warriorscomeout
    Empire isn't too difficult though you have to juggle armies at the beginning. The most difficult thing is eliminating the Norsca and Chaos when your stacks at getting murdered by attrition up in the North.

ThulsaDooom and GhostZ06 like this.