Top ten American (USA) MWs ever?

Only solid list placement was Hendo, Rockhold at 2 like wtf.

If you have seen every single perforance of Rockhold since 2010 except the rematch with Bisping (a guy Luke had just finished) I dont get why your wtf. Notably the beating he put on Weidman.
His losses to trt Belfort and Romero definitely doesnt make for your wtf, as they could beat everyone on the list including #1 Henderson.
Winner of Weidman vs Rockhold rematch certainly get #2 among best American 185lbers

Last edited:
lol, trying to pretend to not understand lmao. youre an idiot

You dont say nothing. I understood, I tell you Franklin wasnt fighting the best around in his time.
Call Franklin's opponents that accredit a higher rank for Franklin

Definitely not the point. The field Chuck Yeager got his credentials hardly admit revisionism.

I like Franklin, such a respectable man, but you are way too high on him. Let me guess you are very low on Matt Lindland for the same reason: Marketability has great impact.
UFC wasnt even the #1 promotion back when Franklin was the champion, especially at 185. Then look at the way he got manhandled by Anderson, or how he barely beat a pretty green Yushin Okami

Lol. A 20-3 Okami on a 4-0 streak in the UFC including wins over Belcher, a 10-1 Mike Swick and Anderson The Spider Silva Himself was "pretty green"?

Sorry buddy, your credibility was circling the drain before this post, but now it's flushed forever.

Last edited:
I primarily consider Franklin a MW. Henderson is about the same size, while comparing the caliber of fighters they beat is indeed a no-brainer. I can get someone ranks Weidman or Rockhold to be the best but Dan has much of an argument as anyone
was talkin´ about Frank....Shamrock...

1. Hendo
2. Franklin
3. Rockhold
4. Weidman
5. Sonnen

Kelvin is so over rated on here it's silly. All he did at 185 was beat short notice Bisping and get a gift over Jacare. Dude got fished by USADA era Weidmann for crying out loud.

was talkin´ about Frank....Shamrock...

Oh ok. He should be ranked higher you think?
Maybe, I listed him as a posible top ten American MW ever, but I dont think he should be ranked much higher. I think a guy as Dave Branch would dominate him

1.Dan Henderson
2.Luke Rockhold
3.Chris Weidman
4.Chael Sonnen
5.Nate Marquardt
6.Jake Shields (for actually beating Hendo)
7.Tim Kennedy
8.Dave Branch
9.Kelvin Gastelum
10.Rich Franklin/Frank Shamrock/Matt Lindland/Jason Miller/Robbie Lawler//Derek Brunson?
Who else?

That's an awful list. How do you have Rich Franklin below guys like Branch, Kennedy, juiced up WWs like Shields and Marquadt? And how do you have David Branch over fucking Gastelum? Lmao, you should be banned for this.

1.Dan Henderson
2.Luke Rockhold
3.Chris Weidman
4.Chael Sonnen
5.Nate Marquardt
6.Jake Shields (for actually beating Hendo)
7.Tim Kennedy
8.Dave Branch
9.Kelvin Gastelum
10.Rich Franklin/Frank Shamrock/Matt Lindland/Jason Miller/Robbie Lawler//Derek Brunson?
Who else?

What's this list base off of your favorites? Has beens? Resume?.. worse fighters in bizzaro world?

You've lost me with your selection here brother

Kelvin is so over rated on here it's silly. All he did at 185 was beat short notice Bisping and get a gift over Jacare. Dude got fished by USADA era Weidmann for crying out loud.

Kelvin is one of the best MWs, deal with it.

Lol. A 20-3 Okami on a 4-0 streak in the UFC including wins over Belcher and a 10-1 Mike Swick was "pretty green"?

Sorry buddy, your credibility was circling the drain before this post, but now it's flushed forever.

If you think Okami at his 25 years old was already full evolved as a fighter...wtf will you tell me about credibility lol
His fight with Franklin was in 2007. Since that loss he started working in strenght & conditioning and you just have to look at his body to realize it. He was barely cutting weight to make 185 when fought Franklin.
In 2009, after losing to Sonnen, he started training in Team Quest...if you watch Okami after training in America and you dont see his evolution in boxing, wrestling and conditioing in comparison to him in 2007 then you are the one who is clueless.
By the way, Okami rematched Belcher in 2012. Belcher was a whole better fighter than he was in 2006.. If you dont recognize this neither...again, you are clueless.

Last edited:
What's this list base off of your favorites? Has beens? Resume?.. worse fighters in bizzaro world?

You've lost me with your selection here brother

You dont get the matter of the thread, or you dont get the selection?
Best middleweight sized fighters from America ever. Thats the thread. Do you think I missing somebody? Do you think some of them dont deserve to be listed?

That's an awful list. How do you have Rich Franklin below guys like Branch, Kennedy, juiced up WWs like Shields and Marquadt? And how do you have David Branch over fucking Gastelum? Lmao, you should be banned for this.

The reason I rank Branch (one of the most underrated MW in mma forums) is because he is 14-2 in his last 6 years, dominating many legit fighters during that time, getting and defending both MW and LHW belts in WSOF, and his only losses are to Rumble fukin Johnson in a compettitive fight, and Luke Rockhold, who I consider a solid contender to #1 in this list.

Also, tell me who did Rich Franklin beat to deserve a higher spot? I dont care if he beat them in UFC o not, I care about the quality of the opposition.

Franklin should be top 3 imo

lol so many people claiming Franklin should be top 3 or top 5
Its amazing how much effect marketing has on people, especially Americans.
Frankling was a cool UFC champ back when the best guys in his weightclass werent fighting in UFC. And then of course appeared better MWs from America in later years also.
He was good, I actually listed him, but tell me who are Franklin's best wins to be considerd a top 3 in this list

The reason I rank Branch (one of the most underrated MW in mma forums) is because he is 14-2 in his last 6 years, dominating many legit fighters during that time, getting and defending both MW and LHW belts in WSOF, and his only losses are to Rumble fukin Johnson in a compettitive fight, and Luke Rockhold, who I consider a solid contender to #1 in this list.

Also, tell me who did Rich Franklin beat to deserve a higher spot? I dont care if he beat them in UFC o not, I care about the quality of the opposition.

You realize you're talking about WSOF right? Just wanted to clarify that. His best, and to be honest only really solid win is against Santos. 2012 MW Rumble is not an impressive win.

Franklin on the other hand has beaten Wanderlei, Chuck, and prime Okami. He arguably beat Hendo. His losses have only been against virtually some of the best MWs of all time.

Back