Top live concerts of all time

Iron Maiden. Rock in Rio, 2001.

I'd kill my own mother to have been there.

What he said.

I've seen Maiden many times, and I've done stagehand work for goddamn countless shows across many genres.

Maiden Rock in Rio '01 was another level.

I met Steve Harris on Thursday!
Maiden was the first show I paid my own money to see. World Slavery Tour.

Metallica, Seattle '89 was a band at such a level that nobody could fuck with them.

That show was on a different level indeed

Iron Maiden
20th of August 1988
Monster of Rock
Donnington
England

Ozzy's final tour is probably gonna be a banger. I am not missing this.

Honestly nothing probably beats Woodstock if you're including everything. Metallica at the turn of the 80-90s and Rammstein in Germany would be bucket list shit.

Queen's set at Live Aid 1985 was pure magic.

I never clicked on this thread because I figured you goofs were talking about the top concerts you've actually attended...

Now that I know the rules;

Susie and the Banshees played on the first lollapalooza tour. I guess this was 1991-92? Anyway, middle of the day, sandwiched between a lot of heavier rock bands, unfamiliar to most of the crowd, they absolutely took over. Fantastic show.

Wilco and Sonic Youth in central park, replacements drunk as hell in VA beach, fugazi at Ft Reno in the midst of a crazy lightning storm, the Bats in Camden, Stereolab at the old 9:30, New Model Army in Kilburn, Peter Hook and Monaco playing Joy Division at the Paradise in Boston, Slowdive on their recent reunion tour, the Cure at William and Mary on the wish tour...

Ronnie Montrose and BOC at Winterland SF before it got torn down

Day on The Green with The Who followed by The Grateful Dead

Any of the Zep shows I saw at the Nassau County Coliseum

I met Steve Harris on Thursday!
Maiden was the first show I paid my own money to see. World Slavery Tour.

Maiden was my first concert as well. January 12, 1987 Somewhere On Tour with Yngwie Malmsteen.

As far as live shows I’ve seen, the one I’ve watched more than once and still do occasionally is Slipknot’s Disasterpieces. That was them in their prime, and I always their compare new shows to it. I showed the DVD to a black friend of mine who doesn’t listen to metal, and he said the energy was insane and enjoyed it.

i wasn’t there but this looks pretty badass. i get chills every time jonny comes in.

Technically two concerts on back-to-back nights, but that's semantics.

Back