Top king real or fake

shawn81

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I'm seeing a lot of top king gear that says tkb on the straps instead of top king. It still says top king elsewhere. I was wondering if it meant it was counterfeit, a different distributor, a different line or authentic

I'm seeing a lot of top king gear that says tkb on the straps instead of top king. It still says top king elsewhere. I was wondering if it meant it was counterfeit, a different distributor, a different line or authentic

Damn, where have you been? Top King has been using that new TKB badge many years now in most product.

My coach last night told me they might be fake

I ordered those extreme focus mits. I brought em in and my coach said that real top king doesn't say tkb. I couldn't find anything online. my shin guards said tkb on them too. I was so pissed off during class.

Your coach hasn't been updated with Top King product in recent years it seem.
90% or even 99% Of Top King Products are now using the new badge. From handwraps to gloves to shin guards to mitts..All using the new badge. With the exception of 1 or 2 products still using the old badge IIRC.

I personally think the new TKB badge look ugly, but that's the badge basically all their products use now. Unless your TKB badge or other aspect of the product look totally off, I wouldn't worry about them being fake.

Beside in most cases, where you order already prove them being genuine or fake. So if it's a reliable retailer, you have nothing to worry about.

I'd be more worried if I get new Top King gear with old badges at this point unless that retailer has those in stock for 4+ years.

I ordered those extreme focus mits. I brought em in and my coach said that real top king doesn't say tkb. I couldn't find anything online. my shin guards said tkb on them too. I was so pissed off during class.

your coach must teach moo tai

I wouldn't doubt his ability or knowledge. Black prajet under kru eric karner at nak Muay, balance Bjj purple belt, Kempo black belt. Pro Muay Thai and mma fighter. Uska 2016 ko of the year,2016 Cffc fight of the year (lost by decision). But most places around here use fairtex. The only top king you see is older.

Last edited:
I have heard this said before many times, and I never really thought about it until recently

what do you think, do you think being an elite boxer takes a much more difficult path/journey than MMA fighters

the claim is there alot more "lucky" factors in an MMA fight than a boxing fight, among many other things

what do you think?

I wouldn't doubt his ability or knowledge. Black prajet under kru eric karner at nak Muay, balance Bjj purple belt, Kempo black belt. Pro Muay Thai and mma fighter. Uska 2016 ko of the year,2016 Cffc fight of the year (lost by decision). But most places around here use fairtex. The only top king you see is older.

it was a joke but his black prajiet raises another red flag........lol

theres no ranking system in MT. That doesnt mean that gyms cant create their own, or that they arent valid etc etc.

Im just saying, if dude is that out of the loop with topking and now.... we add his black prajiet to the list! Maybe he is more mma than muay thai, oh snap, thats another flag, lol. MMA isnt Muay Thai and Muay Thai isnt MMA. When guys are standing up in MMA, its not muay thai, its MMA striking.

But like I said it was more of a joke than anything. Dude obviously doesnt follow muay thai mutch to be that out of the loop

You go to any gym in the Philadelphia area and you see and ranking system and fairtex gear.

As far as the crap they call Muay Thai at mma gyms I totally get what you are saying. I changed gyms last year when they changed programs. I studying the sityodtong style.
Here is my linage

Me< joe Stripling< kru eric karner<master yodtong

Eric karner

http://martialinfo.com/martial-art-instructors/profile.asp?martial-arts-id=16650

You can scroll down and see kru eric and joe Stripling
Tim Williams is my mma instructor

https://nakmuaygym.com/instructors/

Kru sent a bunch of max Muay Thai gear back. I've never used that brand.

Last edited:
muay thai has grown because of mma, but generally speaking, no one wants pure muay thai, they want muay thai for mma. Because thats all the whole world seems to care about.

Yeah my first gym went to mma striking and calling it Muay Thai. I followed my coach. Tuesday kru eric is heading back to Thailand for 3 months. He rotates back and forth 3 months at a time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back