Top King Double Lock, thoughts?

zum

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Howdy! Been searching for some new gloves and I love all the top kings stuff I've tried yet but i thought their gloves were a bit bulky for my taste, then i saw these "Double lock" edition who looked way more slimmed. Anyone tried these? My Fairtex bgv1 are to stiff for sparring ;D Best regards !

Attachments

• TKBGDL-NEON-GN-front.jpg
    TKBGDL-NEON-GN-front.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 17
I own a pair, they're just ok.

One of the reasons Hyabusa's double strap is so effective is that the interior strap is elastic and the outer strap is leather/synthetic leather.

Both straps on the Top king are leather, and as a result, doesn't secure as tightly.

They perform very much like the standard version. If you like those, you'll like these.

I have the neon yellow and like the color, but they get marked very quickly when used for bag work. Other than that, they're fine gloves.

Edit to add: They are as bulky as typical Top Kings. Same or similar profile.

Last edited:
looks like you wont be able to put them on by yourself, which defeats the purpose of velcro.

looks like you wont be able to put them on by yourself, which defeats the purpose of velcro.

You can very, very easily put them on by yourself. Confused as to why you would even assume otherwise.

They can be put on and taken off as easily as any other dual strap glove, it's just that that the interior strap isn't elastic and as a result cannot be secured as tightly as say a Hayabusa dual strap.

Don't want to hijack the thread, but how long is the hand compartment on the Top King compare to Twins BGVL3 ? Thanks.

You can very, very easily put them on by yourself. Confused as to why you would even assume otherwise.

They can be put on and taken off as easily as any other dual strap glove, it's just that that the interior strap isn't elastic and as a result cannot be secured as tightly as say a Hayabusa dual strap.

I don't like double strap. A friend of mine had some Hayabusa I think it was, always needed someone to help. I don't see how you can thread the extra strap through while wearing a glove. I would like to see a video of some one doing by themselves before I bought them. That's for myself, if you like them go for it.

The new twins power ranger gloves or whatever look nice but they also look like it might be difficult to do yourself as well. I have the title weighted bag gloves, the velcro is too short and you cannot do it yourself, the twins look similar. If there's a review of them??? I would like to see it

I don't like double strap. A friend of mine had some Hayabusa I think it was, always needed someone to help. I don't see how you can thread the extra strap through while wearing a glove. I would like to see a video of some one doing by themselves before I bought them. That's for myself, if you like them go for it.

The new twins power ranger gloves or whatever look nice but they also look like it might be difficult to do yourself as well. I have the title weighted bag gloves, the velcro is too short and you cannot do it yourself, the twins look similar. If there's a review of them??? I would like to see it

I have the Twins one and I also know the Top King one design. They both can do it by yourself easily. Even the Hayabusa one you can, just a slightly more inconvenient, but you can absolutely put them on and off by yourself with zero problem.

Here is the video of the BGVL-6

Just a velcro and a D shape on the other side for you to crank and lock your wrist. Absolutely can do it with gloves on both hand.[/MEDIA]

Last edited:
I don't like double strap. A friend of mine had some Hayabusa I think it was, always needed someone to help. I don't see how you can thread the extra strap through while wearing a glove.

You don't take the interior strap all the way out, you put your hand in while it is loose but threaded through the hole.

It take literally 2 seconds, without exaggeration. It's bananas that you think it's challenging or even an inconvenience. It's no harder than putting on any other velcro glove.

I have the Twins one and I also know the Top King one design. They both can do it by yourself easily. Even the Hayabusa one you can, just a slightly more inconvenient, but you can absolutely put them on and off by yourself with zero problem.

Here is the video of the BGVL-6

Just a velcro and a D shape on the other side for you to crank and lock your wrist. Absolutely can do it with gloves on both hand.[/MEDIA]

that dude only put on one glove, but if you have them yourself and can do it i might get them i like the way they look. i need a new pair of gloves

You don't take the interior strap all the way out, you put your hand in while it is loose but threaded through the hole.

It take literally 2 seconds, without exaggeration. It's bananas that you think it's challenging or even an inconvenience. It's no harder than putting on any other velcro glove.

the title weighted bag gloves are a pain, ever since then i tend to avoid amything fancy and just stick with what i know works. I was looking at raja too but my friends raja velcro doesnt really work anymore just after a few months, and i have read online others have had the same problem. so no raja for me.

check it out

that dude only put on one glove, but if you have them yourself and can do it i might get them i like the way they look. i need a new pair of gloves

Okay, here you go. I even specifically use the glove hand to pull the other glove velcro.

Also gloves aren't about the look. They have great wrist support, but the padding doesn't last very long, even for me who isn't a typical hard hitter.

Last edited:
Okay, here you go. I even specifically use the glove hand to pull the other glove velcro.

Also gloves aren't about the look. They have great wrist support, but the padding doesn't last very long, even for me who isn't a typical hard hitter.

look is a huge part, look color desing etc. if not they wouldnt make all these different designs patterns colors. anyways, thanks for taking the time to make that video man I appreciate it!

Back