Movies TOP GUN: MAVERICK (Named Best Picture by National Board of Review, post #1201)

If you have seen TOP GUN: MAVERICK, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
My body is ready, but it's time to get shooting! We've been hearing about this project for a few years now already.

I also hope that they make a kick ass, upbeat movie. Something fun to watch. The premise of dealing "with the rise of unmanned drones and pilots becoming a thing of the past" sounds fucking depressing. They need to recapture the spirit and tone of the original.
Lemme guess:

Everything is hacked by the Russians/Chinese(they will protest so we change it to NK) they have to revert back to using the p-51 mustangs & since the kids can't do old school shit, Tom Cruise would be Tom Cruising the shit out of it by hanging off planes.

Also, it will be included in the MCU.

Lemme guess:

Everything is hacked by the Russians/Chinese(they will protest so we change it to NK) they have to revert back to using the p-51 mustangs & since the kids can't do old school shit, Tom Cruise would be Tom Cruising the shit out of it by hanging off planes.

giphy.gif

Lemme guess:

Um..... yeah I would watch this.

<mma4>

What hot young actress will play his love interest that he'll end up marrying in real life?

Please tell me no Kelly Mcgillis. Those lesbian years have not been kind.
She looks like Ron White now, except less fuckable.

Also, this movie will suck dick, and here's why. Top Gun was and still is awesome, despite it's unintentional homosexuality and corniness, because they took actual footage of the fighter jets and from the fighter jets. I don't think that kind of footage has ever been taken before or since. Now, you know they'll just use ducking CGI for everything. It doesn't matter how good the CGI is. Knowing that someone was actually piloting those jets and pulling those maneuvers made Top Gun awesome. There may have been a scene or two where they used models (flat slim maybe, IDK). But the majority of it was real flight footage, which is why they had to have "Mig 28s." There is no Mig 28. The Russians had Mig 29s at the time but they weren't exactly accessible to us.

It's got a lot to live up to, but if they make it the same way they did the first one (all practical) it'll be halfway there. Tom Cruise has already said he wouldn't do it unless they made it like the first one, so that's a major step in the right direction. It also needs a badass all-80s soundtrack and the return of Harold Faltermeyer to score. Frankly, I will be outraged if they bring in anyone else to do the score.

I fucking love Top Gun. It's one of the best movies ever made.

My body is ready, but it's time to get shooting! We've been hearing about this project for a few years now already.

I also hope that they make a kick ass, upbeat movie. Something fun to watch. The premise of dealing "with the rise of unmanned drones and pilots becoming a thing of the past" sounds fucking depressing. They need to recapture the spirit and tone of the original.

I don't know what the fuck Tony Scott was thinking with that premise. That's more or less Air Force stuff. Plus, dogfighting training, Top Gun, Fighter Weapons School, it's all very much alive and well, just as much as it was in the 80s. So they need to stick with that.

I don't know what the fuck Tony Scott was thinking with that premise. That's more or less Air Force stuff. Plus, dogfighting training, Top Gun, Fighter Weapons School, it's all very much alive and well, just as much as it was in the 80s. So they need to stick with that.

I agree with you but I'm not sure we can be confident they won't still go with that idea.

Tom Cruise still looks incredible.

Val Kilmer would be ok with a little work.

Kelly McGuillis is a lost cause.

I could've told you this was coming 6 or 7 years ago. The Top Gun 2 team came out to my base and were trying to get as much information as they could.

One of the writers said, "man, it must be so bad ass to fly missions half way around the world, chasing down bad guys, and then going and partying on the Strip at night." Yeah...it's great.

What athletic explosive person will play his sidekick/best friend? The love interest will be played by Lucy Lu

Back