Movies TOP GUN: MAVERICK (Named Best Picture by National Board of Review, post #1201)

If you have seen TOP GUN: MAVERICK, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Update: July 20, 2018

Jennifer Connelly in Talks to Play the Female Lead in TOP GUN: MAVERICK

mgSrRK5.jpg

Jennifer Connelly might be taking a ride on the highway to the danger zone. The actress, who won an Oscar for 2001’s A Beautiful Mind, is in early negotiations to join Tom Cruise in Paramount and Skydance’s Top Gun sequel, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Cruise is reprising his role as hotshot Navy pilot Maverick in the sequel to the 1986 movie that is being directed by Joseph Kosinski. Kosinski directed the actor in his sci-fi thriller, Oblivion. Jerry Bruckheimer will produce.

The movie recently cast Miles Teller as the son of Goose, Maverick’s wingman, played by Anthony Edwards in the original movie. That role was the big get of the season for Hollywood’s young male actors.

If a deal makes, Connelly will play the movie’s female lead — a single mother who runs a local bar near the Navy base. The movie is on the runway for a September start of production in San Diego.

Connelly, whose credits range from The Rocketeer to Dark City to Noah, recently appeared in Kosinski’s firefighter drama, Only the Brave, and will be seen in Fox’s Alita: Battle Angel, which opens December.

Jennifer Connelly in Early Talks to Join Tom Cruise in 'Top Gun' Sequel

I love Jennifer Connelly but not even she's enough to make want watch this crap movie.

mgSrRK5.jpg

Jennifer Connelly might be taking a ride on the highway to the danger zone. The actress, who won an Oscar for 2001’s A Beautiful Mind, is in early negotiations to join Tom Cruise in Paramount and Skydance’s Top Gun sequel, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Cruise is reprising his role as hotshot Navy pilot Maverick in the sequel to the 1986 movie that is being directed by Joseph Kosinski. Kosinski directed the actor in his sci-fi thriller, Oblivion. Jerry Bruckheimer will produce.

The movie recently cast Miles Teller as the son of Goose, Maverick’s wingman, played by Anthony Edwards in the original movie. That role was the big get of the season for Hollywood’s young male actors.

If a deal makes, Connelly will play the movie’s female lead — a single mother who runs a local bar near the Navy base. The movie is on the runway for a September start of production in San Diego.

Connelly, whose credits range from The Rocketeer to Dark City to Noah, recently appeared in Kosinski’s firefighter drama, Only the Brave, and will be seen in Fox’s Alita: Battle Angel, which opens December.

What year is it

Sounds good. I picture it kind of like Susan Sarandon in Bull Durham. Young enough for Miles Teller to want to take a shot at it, old enough that Tommy Boy doesn't seem like a creepo.

mgSrRK5.jpg

Jennifer Connelly and a Kawasaki H2R for Tom, I’m sold!

I actually really like this casting choice. I wonder if she's playing Penny Benjamin?

wait Miles Teller is the lead male in this?

do they want it to flop?

I absolutely loved big tittie Jennifer Connelly, especially when they were on display. She's way more worthy of playing some single mom bar lady. She should play an elite ace who undresses in the men's locker room without a care.

I absolutely loved big tittie Jennifer Connelly, especially when they were on display. She's way more worthy of playing some single mom bar lady. She should play an elite ace who undresses in the men's locker room without a care.

Would you like them to re-record Take My Breath Away for that?

Kenny Loggins said he wants to re-record Danger Zone for the new movie. I'm ok with that, as long as it still sounds like it's from the 80s. If they do a modern pop rock spin on it, I'm going to be extremely disappointed.

It’ll be a slow-burn acoustic version. Stretched out two minutes longer than the original.

Why else do you think John Travolta has been sacrificing his hair all these years?
Over grown untermensch?

John Joseph Travolta is an American actor, director, film producer, dancer and singer. Travolta first became known in the 1970s, after appearing on the television series Welcome Back, Kotter and starring ... Wikipedia
Born: February 18, 1954 (age 64 years), Englewood, NJ
Height: 6′ 2″

Over grown untermensch?

John Joseph Travolta is an American actor, director, film producer, dancer and singer. Travolta first became known in the 1970s, after appearing on the television series Welcome Back, Kotter and starring ... Wikipedia
Born: February 18, 1954 (age 64 years), Englewood, NJ
Height: 6′ 2″
Holy moly it just gets worse:
His father was a second-generation Italian American (with roots in Godrano, Sicily) and his mother was Irish American;[7][8]

Ultimate shit-tier breeding at it's worst.

Back