Top 5 TUF fighters of all time

76Knockout

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I made this thread a long time ago and I feel the list has changed a lot since then

How would you rank the top 5 TUF fighters of all time. Based on skill and accomplishment both.

For me

1 - T.J Dillashaw 15-3 Current Bantamweight champion

2 - Michael Bisping 30-8 Former Middleweight champion

3 - Rashad Evans 19-7-1 Former Light-heavyweight champion

4 - Forrest Griffin 19-7 Former Light-heavyweight champion

5 - Matt Serra 11-7 Former welterweight champion

Wayne Weems

Bubba McDaniels

Jason Thacker

Andy Wang

Angela Magana

Diego is top 5 I think too. It’s not his fault that BJ Penn happened to be in his prime, at the same time Diego finally got his shot at gold.

1. Silly Dilly
2. Tony Ferg
3. Rashad Evans
4. Michael Bisping
5. Diego Sanchez.

***Florian, Griffin, Serra,

Tony Fergs > Griffin, Rashad, Bisping and Serra.

As long as you have the top 5 group of Bisping, Shad, Tony, TJ, and Forrest, and you have Forrest at #5, a case can be made with any shuffling of the other 4.

Last edited:
As long as you have the top 5 group of Bisping, Shad, Tony, TJ, and Forrest, and you have Forrest at #5, a case can be made with any shuffling of the other 4.
Just posted my top 5. Griffin didn’t make the cut.

TJ
Rashad
Tony Fergs
Forrest
Bisping

Serra has the best win by far though

Just posted my top 5. Griffin didn’t make the cut.

I can respect bumping Griffin for Sanchez. There's honestly been so many TUFs that I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch of guys who were on the show that deserve consideration.

esparza should be on the list somewhere.

I can respect bumping Griffin for Sanchez. There's honestly been so many TUFs that I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch of guys who were on the show that deserve consideration.
Me too, I thought about doing some research, but I think it’s pretty clear on the top 7. Your 5 plus Sanchez and Florian.

Griffin does have the wins over Rampage and Shogun, and the title. So I don’t mind having him over Sanchez. I just think Sanchez was the better fighter of the 2. Skill and talent wise.

Matt Serra deserves the top 5.

He defeated a prime GSP, and not in fluke fashion, got him with a right hand and put GSP on queer street, then followed it up with a knock down after GSP came to his senses and a stoppage.

For TUF top 5, that is great stuff.

Matt Serra deserves the top 5.

He defeated a prime GSP, and not in fluke fashion, got him with a right hand and put GSP on queer street, then followed it up with a knock down after GSP came to his senses and a stoppage.

For TUF top 5, that is great stuff.
He also got knocked out by Shonie Carter.

I don't like the man, but I have to agree. Serra shocked the world, but Tony has had a more consistent/solid career.

Serra has one reason why we're even muddering his name in this conversation. I honestly wouldn't put him in the top 10, and I don't even know if he'd make my top 15.

Obviously, if you include an entire body of work, the fighters from ten years ago are going to fair better since they have a larger resume to look at. But I'm also going to include the newer winners and base it primarily on their competition and the eye test.

TJ Dilashaw
Tony Ferguson
Forrest Griffin
Michael Bisping
Rose Namajunas

Rashad beat Forrest for the title.

GSP wasn't GSP when Serra beat him. His impressive career hadn't even begun yet.

FOr people who would complain about Rose, just remember, she beat the greatest and scariest female fighter of all time. And she's not a one and done like Serra. She has the crazy skill set to last at the top for a long time.

TJ
Ferguson
Evans
Forrest
Whittaker

Bisping is not top five and the only argument for him being there at all is longevity. The others all have better wins and more of them.

Back