Top-5 Jones most competitive fights

Bonnie fight was FAR more competitive than the machida one, once jones gassed

Machida didn't do much the whole fight, rd 1 he landed one good strike while jones was off balance but both guys couldn't really get through each other's defense

Then jones murked him in rd2

1. Criminal justice system
  2. Cocaine
  3. Stop lights
  4. Prescription pills
  5. White girls

DC 2 was objectively more competitive than the machida fight. DC landed more strikes and lasted longer

Jones came out very aggressive he was super sloppy and wild since he was less than a year into MMA. Gusmao landed lots of hard body and leg kicks early and hit a flurry in round 2 off a failed arm drag which is still the hardest Jones has been hit.

Last edited:
Vitor lost every round and got finished?

Why argue? You know he's referring to the armbar, which is, actually, the closest Jones has come to being finished.

Sure, it was the only thing Vitor did in that fight, but it was pretty close to ending it.

Gus and DC fights are only fights where Jones REALLY needed to fight (I wont put machida on list because he actually touched Jones once or twice in 1st fucking round- ridiculous)

1. Gus
2. Vitor
3. Machida

Jones owned in all the other fights. In the first Cormier fight he won 4 rounds and finished Cormier in the second.

Lol how are you gonna say Vitor and Machida were more competitive than either DC fight? Neither of them made it past the 2nd round or landed on Jones nearly as much

Just because youre a jones fan doesnt mean you have to be a dipshit and/or hate DC

Lol how are you gonna say Vitor and Machida were more competitive than either DC fight? Neither of them made it past the 2nd round or landed on Jones nearly as much

Just because youre a jones fan doesnt mean you have to be a dipshit and/or hate DC

No argument for placing Machida above DC.

There's an argument to be made for Vitor, though.

1. Chael
2. Gus
3. Vitor
4. DC 2
5. DC 1

But he only really came close to losing to Chael and Gus.

Vitor made it to the fourth.

Why argue? You know he's referring to the armbar, which is, actually, the closest Jones has come to being finished.

Sure, it was the only thing Vitor did in that fight, but it was pretty close to ending it.
And Werdum on that arm would've snapped it. So Jones is not infallible.

I'm surprised no one mentioned osp. Though it was so boring perhaps I remember it being back and forth more than it was.

I'm surprised no one mentioned osp. Though it was so boring perhaps I remember it being back and forth more than it was.

Bruh, OSP did nothing but back pedal that whole fight. It wasn't competitive at all.

Vitor almost finished the fight. DC never had Jones in trouble. Machida also showed an impressive first round against the GOAT until he got caught in a choke in the next round. Same situation with DC 2 but got finished via KO. Machida & DC 2 are actually pretty similar, and Jones straight up owned Cormier in the first fight winning four out of five rounds. Wasn't close at all imo.

Back