Top 3 knowedgable posters

fluffball

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Inspired by the sissy cat fight in a spacetime thread, I thought it might be fun to see who people think knows what they're talking about. I'm going to eliminate sinister as he is a legit coach and also everyone here has a mancrush on him.

1) I considered eliminating him as well since I'll be surprised if anyone doesn't put him as #1, but, aguy.
2) I'm not sure I've ever disagreed with Paradigm.
3) AndyMaBobs who I think has said he's fairly inexperienced knows enough to learn. I find myself agreeing with his posts almost 100%.

Honorable mention to Frode, but I've never been like SUUUPER impressed with the vids, Fluffball said as Frode came to Boston and kicked his ass.

But for serious, I think I could take you (if I wasn't a fat father with no time anymore.)

1.Spacetime tied with Sinister
2.BringBackTRTForFairness
3. Myself because egomania

BringBackTRTForFairness is getting unfairly picked on IMO. He's a complete newbie who admits to being a newbie and doesn't have a lot of resources.

1. Payak
2. KarateStylist

Everyone else ties for third

Has karatestylest posted in the last 3 months?

Has karatestylest posted in the last 3 months?
There was no timeline so I was assuming the GOAT-est posters.

But for all we know Spacetime, and TRT could be KS

There was no timeline so I was assuming the GOAT-est posters.

But for all we know Spacetime, and TRT could be KS

They're not, Spacetime is actually knowledgeable IMO, he's just WAY overstating his abilitiies. TRT we talked about, I believe he's a genuine newbie. KS is an ass.

BringBackTRTForFairness is getting unfairly picked on IMO. He's a complete newbie who admits to being a newbie and doesn't have a lot of resources.

He attempted an e-suicide because he was an alt. for another account that lost a bet in another forum so had to ostracize himself from that forum. He was super disrespectful to Frode and Sinister trying to get banned. He's not real.

He attempted an e-suicide because he was an alt. for another account that lost a bet in another forum so had to ostracize himself from that forum. He was super disrespectful to Frode and Sinister trying to get banned. He's not real.

Well however people want to waste their time I suppose. Not sure what the point of that is.

Well however people want to waste their time I suppose. Not sure what the point of that is.

I motion that he no longer be eligible for nomination to the top 3. He feigned ignorant innocence but said some really nasty stuff, turned out to be a real piece of $&^#

I motion that he no longer be eligible for nomination to the top 3. He feigned ignorant innocence but turned out to be a real piece of $&^#

He would have been nominated for the least knowledgeable 3 so I think we're safe.

I feel like trying to minimize the pool of knowledgable posters here down to a top 3 is impossible, so when I mention people, it's not necessarily that other people are any less knowledgable, just that the people I've mentioned's knowledge is more applicable to me.

Sinister's posts have consistently been full of excellent information that I've found very helpful; any time he makes a post with two or more paragaphs (and often when he only includes a single line of text) I'll learn something new, or be able to put what I already know into an effective context. The only concern is that Sinister doesn't really share his massive knowledge systematically - people ask him something, he tells them what they ask, etc. Which is understandable, man works at a boxing gym and you can't give all that shit away for free. Sinister's stuff is like a crossword - you have to go forward and back, jumping around, but once you get it all together, it makes perfect sense.

a guy's posts are similarly consistently brilliant. Always good information, easy to understand, and he's been providing a very systematic approach to what he's teaching. A lot of his stuff reminds me of stuff Sinister has been saying, but he managed to put it into an easy A, then B, then C context which for someone who's as new as I am to actually boxing is useful (I fancy myself as knowing a decent amount of stuff theoretically when it comes to boxing, but my practical knowledge is quite low. I can talk the talk but not walk the walk, as it were). Where Sinister's a crossword, a guy's stuff is an essay.

next up in my list of three is Sano. As I've mentioned, I digest information from a very intellectual/theoretical standpoint, often neglecting practical application because that's just the way my mind works. Sano's knowledge of biomechanics helps me a lot in cases where I know I should be doing something, but not exactly why, and knowing the why of it helps me understand things more. If a guy is an essay, Sano is the citations - he'll help me understand in more depth the things that I've already been shown by Sinister and a guy by explaining them in more scientific terms.

I can't say that this list of three is a definitive list of the most knowledgable posters here on sherdog. Just that these three guys are the ones who I feel like have personally expanded my knowledge of stand up fighting the most - although there is a definite bias towards boxing here, but that's because I prefer boxing to kickboxing etc.

Sano is a good student and a good poster but he's new. You went from decades or experience for your first two, to what like, 3 years for Sano?

Don't get me wrong Sano is a solid poster that has actual coaches.

Edit: Actually nevermind, I have to allow it based on my initial Andy inclusion.

Sano is a good student and a good poster but he's new. You went from decades or experience for your first two, to what like, 3 years for Sano?

Don't get me wrong Sano is a solid poster that has actual coaches.

Edit: Actually nevermind, I have to allow it based on my initial Andy inclusion.

Well, as I mentioned, those are only specifically applicable to me, rather than necessarily the "most knowledgable posters". Especially since Sano's knowledge of biomechanics, which he's studying helps me put information from Sinister and a guy into a way I can better remember.

Jukais knowledge and sharp observations of the various Karate styles always helped me.

Thanks for the big compliment. :D I've been training for five years, started at 18 and kept going from there.

I tend to enjoy talking with most of the guys here, but the poster I think I've learned the most from is probably @Azam - it's not very often that I read an Azam post that doesn't teach me something new.

@Sano has helped my boxing a LOT - he might not always give feedback in terms of strategy but if you're talking about getting leverage, and general biomechanics - I think he might know the most out of all of us.

and I'd say @Tayski is always really interesting to read from, I think he and the other two members of the kyokushin trio (Azam and Shinkyoku) are great amateur historians for sherdog

It's impossible for me to narrow it down, so I thought I'd shout out some peeps that hadn't been mentioned.

I just wanted to let you guys know that I have ton of experiences fighting against people from around the world thanks to the PlayStation and courtesy of the Street fighter games. Overall I'm not a technical fighter, but more of a button masher.

I just wanted to let you guys know that I have ton of experiences fighting against people from around the world thanks to the PlayStation and courtesy of the Street fighter games. Overall I'm not a technical fighter, but more of a button masher.

@Noodles03 is a spazzer that every BJJ'er hates

Tekken has taught me that size doesn't matter, and all fighters have iron chins. Xiaoyu can still KO Maruk and Robots.

I think Hadoukens are banned under unified rules though

Back