Top 3 Favourite British Rock Bands

Choose 3!

• Total voters
The Beatles are extremely overrated.

The Police, Zepplin and Queen...now those dudes have some crazy talent within dem bands.

So many good British bands. Can't choose three.

Sabbath, Maiden, Queen, Pink Floyd,The Beatles, Radiohead, Muse top my list in no particualr order.

New Order
The Who
Queen

Where is New Order/Joy Division, Blur and The Cure?

@TCE

tenor.gif

Why do people ask a question but offer up their options? I am unrestrained by parameters so shall decline to partake.

Iron Maiden
Judas Priest (can't believe they were left out, especially with crap like Hawkwind and Fleetwood Mac in it)
Black Sabbath

Def Leppard for sure. I'm gonna have to think about the other two. Tough choices.

Sabbath
Floyd
Motorhead.

I love Iron Maiden's first two albums before Dickinson, over Floyd, I'm just more of a metal guy I suppose. David Gilmore solo's on that strat is some serious shit to behold. Only guy I've I've seen/heard play one better is SRV, but we aren't comparing gods among men. That dude harnessed lighting into his fingertips and tapped directly into the blues demension

For me it was a no brainer when it came to Pink Floyd and Queen. Those are two of my top 10 favorite bands. The third was Iron Maiden who barely edged out Motorhead

Sabbath
Floyd
Motorhead.

I love Iron Maiden's first two albums before Dickinson, over Floyd, I'm just more of a metal guy I suppose. David Gilmore solo's on that strat is some serious shit to behold. Only guy I've I've seen/heard play one better is SRV, but we aren't comparing gods among men. That dude harnessed lighting into his fingertips and tapped directly into the blues demension
While Gilmore isn't the most talented guitarist he in my opinion is the most soulful of them all. I don't know how he does it but damn does his solos give me chills.

While Gilmore isn't the most talented guitarist he in my opinion is the most soulful of them all. I don't know how he does it but damn does his solos give me chills.

He exemplifies that less is more.

I don't care if I get flamed, but I think Bush is a good British rock band.

Pink Floyd, Beatles, and THE KINKS

Had to choose four.

Old-
Beatles, obvious choice

Zep, obvious choice

Floyd, obvious choice

Maiden, possibly the greatest band ever

New-
Nothing because so much new music SUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS

Queen, Zeppelin, Arctic Monkeys.

Stones, Smiths, Radiohead for me. If I could add 5 more, would add Beatles, Zeppelin, Maiden, Sabbath, Cure.

Back