*Top 20 Highest Paid Fighters In UFC History*

Wonder where Kos stands on the overall list? Dude has a sick crib and some lavish toys.

Frank Mir beat nog twice and has been in the UFC longer and made less $$$. Explain that one

Considering the things it fails to take into account, it is an utterly pointless list at best.

you forgot about the super generous yet always secretive backroom bonuses. you know, the complete utter shit they made up.

Arlovski: 2.25 millions in two Affliction fights

Looking at this numbers, I think that the UFC is still very far from other sports. Neck and neck with soccer? Wrong. Mayweather also make more in one fights than top UFC fighters in all their careers.

Boxing still pay much better than the UFC, because boxing is build around fighters, not organization. UFC fighters are not getting the fair share.

Boxing pays way more because it has been around for over 50 years. How much do you think boxers made in the first 15 years of the sports existence?

LOL

Wow their ppv cuts must be nice then? I mean Forrest is listed just under 2 mil, but he headlined UFC 92 (6th best ppv #s ever), and UFC 86. Plus sponsor money, Forrest (along with other guys on that list) had to have made much more than that.

right.

and there are low paid fighters who have come out on the UG and disclosed exactly what they made. it tends to be about triple the official amount. i forgot their names though (it was a few years ago and did a vague google search and came up empty - i'm sure someone here remembers)

none of it is cut & dry, because fans don't have all the facts. but most don't let that stop them from forming an (un)educated opinion about the subject. oh no, never.

right.

and there are low paid fighters who have come out on the UG and disclosed exactly what they made. it tends to be about triple the official amount. i forgot their names though (it was a few years ago and did a vague google search and came up empty - i'm sure someone here remembers)

none of it is cut & dry, because fans don't have all the facts. but most don't let that stop them from forming an (un)educated opinion about the subject. oh no, never.

I see, cool thanks.

you forgot about the super generous yet always secretive backroom bonuses. you know, the complete utter shit they made up.

Made up?

Yep, that's why when the COURTS get involved, it's always proven true? Couture, Overeem, and Eddie all had their contracts become public record. All 3 had HUGE amounts of money paid out that are not on the disclosed payouts. This is not conjecture or hearsay, this is FACT.

I know you and many others hate the UFC, but their pay of the top tier of fighters should NOT be a reason why. It's just stupid to think that the top fighters aren't making MILLIONS. Do you really think Anderson and GSP are stupid enough to fight for just $200k on cards bringing in $25 million dollars?

Yes, it sucks for the guys who don't have leverage. But GSP, Jones, and Anderson all have crazy leverage right now. The UFC needs them badly, these guys drive PPV sales.

right.

Sean McCorkle and Ian McCall were two of them.

Boxing pays way more because it has been around for over 50 years. How much do you think boxers made in the first 15 years of the sports existence?

LOL

and like the UFC, it is simply not that simple.

for most of the history of boxing there was little revenue to be made in boxing. basically, ticket sales.

some time in the 50's a tad bit more was made from a TV contract (you know, back when there were 3 channels and few advertisers) or - in the 70's or so - a "closed circuit" style. and then, of course, HBO & Showtime & PPV. and THAT is when pay exploded.

until the late 70's when cable TV picked up and tv revenue's were capable of paying for the sporting event, boxers were paid from revenue generated - ticket prices. and yes, Sugar Ray Robinson fights demanded higher ticket prices so he got paid more than other fighters of the time, but he got paid peanuts compared to anyone in the 80's.

Ali & Foreman got paid a lot of $ because a despot paid them a lot of money to have that fight in his country.

boxing pay 20 years into boxing and MMA fighter pay 20 years into MMA really have little in common.

today the highest paid boxers are those that use their own production company. they removed the middle man. DLH started this i think. many have followed.

some day a fighter will be popular enough that he will leave the UFC and try his own hand (e.g. remove the UFC middle man). Couture & BJ tried & failed. Lindland and many other fighters have started local orgs, but it was just too much damn work for too high risk & too little profit.

it would have been interesting if Couture & Fedor could have pulled it off.

Damn Bisping .... gets paid

Lol no shit, for a guy who never won or even fought for a title. NTM he hasn't headlined many HUGE ppvs that i can remember. Except against Mayhem and Leben. (Forgot about Vitor)

LOL

James Corbett earned $35,000 in the first ever heavyweight championship fight soon after one single city (New Orleans) had allowed boxing to take place and thus legalized it. I've never seen a documenetd source on what his opponent, John L. Sullivan earned, but have seen many from the time saying that his minimum asking price for a fight back then was $25,000, so it's safe to assume he earned at least that for the event. On the same card, Jack McAuliffe earned a reported $15,000 as the lightweight champion. Little 118 pound George Dixon earned himself $17,500 for the fight he had on the same card as well. The opponents of both McAuliffe and Dixon probably earned a few thousand each, but I've never seen a source saying what they earned.

This was at a time in 1892 when the average income of an American household was in the $350 to $400 per year range and obviously with no other outside revenue coming in from PPV, TV, radio, etc., etc. Just the live gate and any other revenue associated with fans showing up directly. Basically Corbett earned 80 to 100 times that for participating in what boxing record books and historians alike point to as the event that signified the beginning of modern boxing. In comparison to other sports, what George Dixon made for that event was over 10 times what a certain pitcher by the name of Cy Young made in annual salary for that same year and over four times what Cy Young would ever make at his highest annual salary. Keeping the comparison to baseball, what little George Dixon made in one fight from 1892 wasn't exceeded by a baseball player until 1914 when Tris Speaker signed what was then the highest paid contract in baseball history at an annual salary of $18,500 to be the player manager for the Boston Red Sox. By the time Speaker signed that contract Jack Johnson and James Jeffries were already a few years removed from earning into the six figures for their fight in 1910.

Back