Too old to start MMA ?

While I agree with most you said.. that "never say die attitude", def did not separate TJ from the rest at UF. That character trait is in abundance within that gym. Can't generalize based off what someone said in an interview that was biased to begin with.

He did say that TJ's work ethic was what separated him from the rest of Team Alpha Male, and a work ethic comes hand-in-hand with a never-say-die attitude. Considering it wasn't until the end of 2016 that Faber started to throw things other than his right-hand (and it'd been at the point for a few years where people knew that was all they had to worry about from him on the feet), it's safe to say their drive to improve was different. Even Chad Mendes throws nothing but a right-hand.
And there was another interview where someone was asking him how he deals with "fighters that just suck and you wanna say, 'you don't have any talent and should just quit'" [I'm paraphrasing that, since it was a few years ago, but going off of Sherdog sentiment, we all can imagine the kind of guys he's referring to], and he said that it's not about stuff like talent, it's about how hard you work. And that there're guys he trains with that could have a lot of talent but don't really try, and suck because of that, but he has a then-17-year old girl who trains extremely hard and she's way better than all of 'em just because of that.

He did say that TJ's work ethic was what separated him from the rest of Team Alpha Male, and a work ethic comes hand-in-hand with a never-say-die attitude. Considering it wasn't until the end of 2016 that Faber started to throw things other than his right-hand (and it'd been at the point for a few years where people knew that was all they had to worry about from him on the feet), it's safe to say their drive to improve was different. Even Chad Mendes throws nothing but a right-hand.
And there was another interview where someone was asking him how he deals with "fighters that just suck and you wanna say, 'you don't have any talent and should just quit'" [I'm paraphrasing that, since it was a few years ago, but going off of Sherdog sentiment, we all can imagine the kind of guys he's referring to], and he said that it's not about stuff like talent, it's about how hard you work. And that there're guys he trains with that could have a lot of talent but don't really try, and suck because of that, but he has a then-17-year old girl who trains extremely hard and she's way better than all of 'em just because of that.
You are taking a biased opinion and acting like it's truth about people you have no clue about. Then you say you use what others say on sherdog, which is more negative from those who don't know a single person at UF, as truth too.. After you saying such, I have nothing left to say, as it's pointless trying to explain reality to someone who trusts in fiction.

What's the point in not starting?

Some might say you're too old to make it big, but there are exceptions to that rule in every facet of life.
Even if you don't, training is good for your body, you'll never regret making it a hobby (minus some awful injury that destroys your life, but I digress)

Go for it.

Back