Tony's training partner basically picks Khabib

Barboza's harder to take down than Tony, what are you talking about?

Even after getting taken down by Khabib 4 times in his last fight, Edson still has a higher takedown defense stat than Tony Ferguson (83%<76%):

http://www.ufc.com/fighter/Edson-Barboza

http://www.ufc.com/fighter/Tony-Ferguson

Don't read these statisticks so straightforwardly.

Tony sometimes accepts the takedown to roll into some crazy 10th planet shit.

Even if their defensice wrestling is a tie, still Tony possess legit submission skills
and will be far more dangerous on the ground than Barboza.

He's got 8 submissions! - 35%

Lol. I am hoping for a good fight; we have waited too long for this not to happen!

Strenght yes, but, cardio, timing ,agility - it's Tony's forte.

I think you only get that impression because Tony spends 90% of his fights striking whereas Khabib spends 90% of his fights grappling.

Timing and agility are more apparent in striking exchanges than in grappling exchanges- where it becomes more nuanced and harder to observe.

and then you wake up

khabib-nurmagomedov.jpg
And then you wake up from your dream about my dream.

5a215722636bc.jpg

I think you only get that impression because Tony spends 90% of his fights striking whereas Khabib spends 90% of his fights grappling.

Timing and agility are more apparent in striking exchanges than in grappling exchanges- where it becomes more nuanced and harder to observe.

Tony has 8 subs - 35%, whe knows how to grapple.

Agility and i forgot about flexibility helps a lot in grappling as well.

Tony can suprise Khabib with some crazy rubber guard shit that he never
experinced before, grappling with stiff Dagestani wrestlers.

Don't read these statisticks so straightforwardly.

Tony sometimes accepts the takedown to roll into some crazy 10th planet shit.

Even if their defensice wrestling is a tie, still Tony possess legit submission skills
and will be far more dangerous on the ground than Barboza.

He's got 8 submissions! - 35%

So 2 things:

1. If what you're saying is true, what's not to say that Tony will forfeit takedowns to Khabib? Either way, the consequence is still the same

2. Not saying that Edson's wrestling defense is tied with Tony's, I'm saying that it's better. 83%>76% and when you factor the Khabib out, Edson's TDD moves up to somewhere between 85 and 90%. He's the better counter-wrestler.

I'm rewatching Kevin Lee vs. Tony Ferguson right now for like the 3rd or 4th time and it's amazing how a gassed, morally broken Kevin just walks up to Tony, picks him up and slams him with ease in the 3rd round. It was so easy for him that it's almost baffling to watch.

I lol'd at "Khabib will throw Kevin Lee out of the octagon"

I think about it a little every day, I really hope it happens this time....

young-man-making-wish-fingers-crossed-31654029.jpg
Lol, yes. keeping everything crossed. Last time was heartbreak all around - if either of them pull out again...time to get the pitchforks out! No survivors.

So 2 things:

1. If what you're saying is true, what's not to say that Tony will forfeit takedowns to Khabib? Either way, the consequence is still the same

2. Not saying that Edson's wrestling defense is tied with Tony's, I'm saying that it's better. 83%>76% and when you factor the Khabib out, Edson's TDD moves up to somewhere between 85 and 90%. He's the better counter-wrestler.

I'm rewatching Kevin Lee vs. Tony Ferguson right now for like the 3rd or 4th time and it's amazing how a gassed, morally broken Kevin just walks up to Tony, picks him up and slams him with ease in the 3rd round. It was so easy for him that it's almost baffling to watch.

1- I think he could roll in some takedowns for a sub.

2- Tony sometimes accepts takedons, cause of BJJ confidence.

3- Lee is a beast when fresh, remember what he did to Mustafaev?
I think is even more explosive that Khabib and equal wrestling,
but Khabib has Sambo and grappling better.

I see that for 3 rounds Khabib controls Tony, but Tony is so active and unorthodox,
that Khabib starts to gass and Tony capitalizes in 5 round on sub or TKO.

Still green, bad weight cut, staph infection Kevin Lee took Tony down (multiple times) and mounted him.

This will be a beatdown on Khabib's part. People like to bring up Tony's guard game (which is very good), however I don't see Khabib sitting in his guard as he usually is always in a dominant top position when pounding his opponents and he wont play that game with Tony as it's pretty much the only danger he poses towards Khabib.

giphy.gif

Thank you... breaking someones posture and holding them in full guard is extreeeeemely difficult, especially against a stronger opponent like Khabib. El Cucuy's only chance is to simply outlast Khabib

1- I think he could roll in some takedowns for a sub.

2- Tony sometimes accepts takedons, cause of BJJ confidence.

3- Lee is a beast when fresh, remember what he did to Mustafaev?
I think is even more explosive that Khabib and equal wrestling,
but Khabib has Sambo and grappling better.

I see that for 3 rounds Khabib controls Tony, but Tony is so active and unorthodox,
that Khabib starts to gass and Tony capitalizes in 5 round on sub or TKO.

The thing is- Lee picked up Tony and slammed him with ease in round 3/4, when he was tired and his confidence was shattered.

I wouldn’t invite alan jouban over to my house to play xbox anymore if i was tony.

Ferguson is Kevin's Daddy now.. the guy rides his nuts so hard ever since the loss to him

Honestly see this fight either being a one sided beat down favoring Khabib, or Tony survives long enough via iron chin and will to pull out a Sonnen/Silva 1 type of victory. That’s coming from a Ferg fan BTW.

The thing is- Lee picked up Tony and slammed him with ease in round 3/4, when he was tired and his confidence was shattered.

Lee was able to slam everyone, but with Tony he ended up in triangle.
It was a desperation showing off.

Geeze, he even says he'd put money on Khabib.... and he's -200.

I have more faith in Tony then he does lol.

Back