Tony wins this, Khabib too one-dimensional!?

I think in a 3 round fight, Tony loses, in a 5 round fight, he wins.

I don't see Khabib finishing him early via GnP, and don't see him being able to hold Tony down for 5 rounds.

ok, am I not seeing this through correctly?

I've finally seen khabib vs barboza fight and ... he's great and all but its just wrestling and gnp. Nothing else is impressive.

Tony, will be 100% ready for gnp and takedowns and he's amazing on ground as well.

I just think Tony has too much to offer here. good striking, creative, amazing cardio etc.

Khabib is amazing at takedown but what if ... what if ... Tony ... like ... actually will be ready and prepared for them!? what can Khabib offer if his gnp isn't enough to finish Tony in early rounds. Barboza seemed to survive this mythical gnp from Khabib.

... am I not seeing something in Khabib that everyone else is seeing or I'm the only one that values facts over speculations. Facts are ... Tony is just too well rounded and has a much better cardio. Who knows what can happen is this fight goes past round 3. Khabib never did anything past round 3, and he never fought anyone like Tony.

Khabib has one hell of a big dimension

dWGZTBh.jpg

If grappling and striking are the only dimensions then I guess so.

ok, am I not seeing this through correctly?

I've finally seen khabib vs barboza fight and ... he's great and all but its just wrestling and gnp. Nothing else is impressive.

Tony, will be 100% ready for gnp and takedowns and he's amazing on ground as well.

I just think Tony has too much to offer here. good striking, creative, amazing cardio etc.

Khabib is amazing at takedown but what if ... what if ... Tony ... like ... actually will be ready and prepared for them!? what can Khabib offer if his gnp isn't enough to finish Tony in early rounds. Barboza seemed to survive this mythical gnp from Khabib.

... am I not seeing something in Khabib that everyone else is seeing or I'm the only one that values facts over speculations. Facts are ... Tony is just too well rounded and has a much better cardio. Who knows what can happen is this fight goes past round 3. Khabib never did anything past round 3, and he never fought anyone like Tony.

I don't understand how you miss the basics of it.
Khabib is 25-0
While I agree he has ONE style only, you fail to recognize that EVERYONE said and attempted exactly that (to be prepared for it) and yet EVERYONE failed. Miserably.

I am not saying this fight is easy for anyone. But the point is: at one point, Khabib will (probably) grab Tony and take him down. If he is able to, Tony will be at a disadvantage there.
It is the only place where Tony will be at a disadvantage, but regardless of this fact, if they get there, Tony might be in trouble.

Yes, Tony got cardio. But being on the bottom with Khabib is a cardio sucking machine.
Also being well rounded doesn't really help if you are stuck in one position. Besides, where Tony is good (on the ground), this is where Khabib excel.
It is like saying a BB in BJJ is ok on the ground against Maia. It is not. Maia is on another level. Same applies here.

Look, I am not saying Tony or Khabib will win this fight. Probably, the one who wins will make it look easy.
But all people are saying is that this fight is Tony everywhere BUT on the ground with Khabib on top. That is Khabib's world. If it gets there, things will get interesting.

its either dude's fight to win.. its a pick em for sure!

its a fight where they could fight 5 times and have a different outcome each time.

Almost all of those fights were in the bag after khabib first conserved dominant position and landed gnp. Khabib landing ground and pound is a game changer. Maybe not game over as the other guy mentioned, though.

I'm not saying Khabib isn't an excellent fighter. I'm just saying I'm not convinced he beats Tony Fergusen. El Cucuy is a longshot from guys like MJ and Edson Barboza.

I love El Cucuy but NurmaGOATmedov via TKO in the fourth imo.

I don't understand how you miss the basics of it.
Khabib is 25-0
While I agree he has ONE style only, you fail to recognize that EVERYONE said and attempted exactly that (to be prepared for it) and yet EVERYONE failed. Miserably.

I am not saying this fight is easy for anyone. But the point is: at one point, Khabib will (probably) grab Tony and take him down. If he is able to, Tony will be at a disadvantage there.
It is the only place where Tony will be at a disadvantage, but regardless of this fact, if they get there, Tony might be in trouble.

Yes, Tony got cardio. But being on the bottom with Khabib is a cardio sucking machine.
Also being well rounded doesn't really help if you are stuck in one position. Besides, where Tony is good (on the ground), this is where Khabib excel.
It is like saying a BB in BJJ is ok on the ground against Maia. It is not. Maia is on another level. Same applies here.

Look, I am not saying Tony or Khabib will win this fight. Probably, the one who wins will make it look easy.
But all people are saying is that this fight is Tony everywhere BUT on the ground with Khabib on top. That is Khabib's world. If it gets there, things will get interesting.

I will say this. I do agree with you in terms of Khabib having some sick ass wrestling and top control, and he does. I want to go on record saying that both Michael Johnson and Edson Barboza did the same thing when the fight hit the mat. They tried, in vain, to get to the cage and get back up. They spent all their energy trying and failing to get out from under Khabib. I'm telling you right now. Tony will not do that. He will use his guard and he will fight from bottom.

You are likely saying to yourself, yea but, everyone else got mauled by Khabib why would Tony be different? I just told you why. Tony is going to actually use BJJ on him, elbows, he's going to move his hips, he is going to fish for ankles, he's going to throw up rubber guard, he's going to go for triangles. This is an entirely different thing than most or all of Khabib's UFC opponents have tried. As I said, his last two opponents MJ and Barboza didn't even get to guard and all they tried to do was get up. Tony isn't going to try to get up, you mark my words.

Staph Lee mounted Tony with relative ease. Khabib's top control is out of this world.

The only way I see Tony winning is if he can drag this into the 4th and 5th rounds and start overwhelming with volume .

I will say this. I do agree with you in terms of Khabib having some sick ass wrestling and top control, and he does. I want to go on record saying that both Michael Johnson and Edson Barboza did the same thing when the fight hit the mat. They tried, in vain, to get to the cage and get back up. They spent all their energy trying and failing to get out from under Khabib. I'm telling you right now. Tony will not do that. He will use his guard and he will fight from bottom.

You are likely saying to yourself, yea but, everyone else got mauled by Khabib why would Tony be different? I just told you why. Tony is going to actually use BJJ on him, elbows, he's going to move his hips, he is going to fish for ankles, he's going to throw up rubber guard, he's going to go for triangles. This is an entirely different thing than most or all of Khabib's UFC opponents have tried. As I said, his last two opponents MJ and Barboza didn't even get to guard and all they tried to do was get up. Tony isn't going to try to get up, you mark my words.
And I agree with you.
But again, if there's anywhere in this fight that Khabib has the upperhand, it is on top control.
Yes, I heard that Tony said this. But we will see if he sticks to this plan if Khabib is raining down punches and Tony can only defend. Maybe he will see that this is a bad idea...

I mean, yes, I think that Tony should try something different. But we both don't know if this is a good idea to invite Khabib to stay on top.... this post is about trial and error. You try something others didn't and hope it is the answer. But let us not proclaim this is the way to beat Khabib. because as you said, no one tried so far.

Who cares. Conor is laughing at those guys, he knows he's the actual champ. He knows he's got far superior stand up, and decent takedown defence. He's litterally laughing right now, picking and choosing.
He better hope Tony doesn't win because Tony will beat Conor if they fight. I think he has a better shot of beating Khabib, personally.

Who cares. Conor is laughing at those guys, he knows he's the actual champ. He knows he's got far superior stand up, and decent takedown defence. He's litterally laughing right now, picking and choosing.
you do ,
because you know that your hero is shitting his pants.

and after 7 april no one will give a shit about Conor because he will be the double stripped fighter and you nuthuggers will try to find a way to deal with it

He would become the LW Ronda.
Not fair, Ronda fights at least were exciting.

Don't want to sound salty, but come to think of it.... Never thought I'd say something positive about Ronda Rousey lol

And I agree with you.
But again, if there's anywhere in this fight that Khabib has the upperhand, it is on top control.
Yes, I heard that Tony said this. But we will see if he sticks to this plan if Khabib is raining down punches and Tony can only defend. Maybe he will see that this is a bad idea...

I mean, yes, I think that Tony should try something different. But we both don't know if this is a good idea to invite Khabib to stay on top.... this post is about trial and error. You try something others didn't and hope it is the answer. But let us not proclaim this is the way to beat Khabib. because as you said, no one tried so far.

Its not really trial and error, its Tony's style of fighting. Its not his striking that fighters worry about so much, its his submission skills. Tony isn't "going to try something different", he's just going to be himself which will be something different for Khabib. I'll give you an example of some of the minutia. Khabib loves to get wrist control on a guy from top position. Tony also loves to get wrist control when guys are on top of him so they only have 1 arm. There is going to be a lot of hand fighting and struggle to see who can gain wrist control on one of the other guys arms once its hits the mat. Its unavoidable because both guys use it as a go to.

I'm not even saying Khabib doesn't win in dramatic fashion. Maybe he does. I really don't know. It is an intriguing match up of styles to say the least.

Staph Lee mounted Tony with relative ease. Khabib's top control is out of this world.

The only way I see Tony winning is if he can drag this into the 4th and 5th rounds and start overwhelming with volume .

In amateur wrestling Lee went 37-0 before he dropped out to focus on MMA. I'm not saying he is as good as Khabib but he is an excellent wrestler and his take down, top control, and even full mount still didn't stop Tony from tapping him out. This fight with Tony and Khabib is very close.

Its not really trial and error, its Tony's style of fighting. Its not his striking that fighters worry about so much, its his submission skills. Tony isn't "going to try something different", he's just going to be himself which will be something different for Khabib. I'll give you an example of some of the minutia. Khabib loves to get wrist control on a guy from top position. Tony also loves to get wrist control when guys are on top of him so they only have 1 arm. There is going to be a lot of hand fighting and struggle to see who can gain wrist control on one of the other guys arms once its hits the mat. Its unavoidable because both guys use it as a go to.

I'm not even saying Khabib doesn't win in dramatic fashion. Maybe he does. I really don't know. It is an intriguing match up of styles to say the least.
hehehe in that I agree.
It will be a good fight.Whoever wins, it will be deservingly so.

The fuck does being ready have to do with anything?

I could be ready to get shot in the face but that isn’t gonna help me out.

So he knows khabib is gonna take him down. Now what?

The fuck does being ready have to do with anything?

I could be ready to get shot in the face but that isn’t gonna help me out.

So he knows khabib is gonna take him down. Now what?

Now what? Wrist control, rubber guard, triangles, elbows, etc. Go watch Khabib's fights, he has never had to deal with a guard like Tony's. In fact, his last 2 fights he fought guys that never even made it to guard, they stupidly just tried to stand up and obviously couldn't. Tony isn't going to try to stand up, he's going to fight him from bottom every time it hits the mat.

Back