Tony Ferguson's Situation

You said it best, he screwed himself. Why does he deserve anything after that?
I doubt he tripped and injured himself on purpose 1 week before a title fight.

It's kind of his fault but not his fault at the same time. It is one of the most ridiculous causes of injury i've see.

With that being said, it doesn't really erase the fact that he has earned a title shot.

What do you think are Tony's chances of getting back in there an actually fighting for the title?

Chances are 100%

Bektashis are some sad fuckers , there are not many of them in kosova we call them dervish and we troll them . btw the majority of muslims in kosova fasts(agjerojn) during ramadan

I had to look it up to double-check, but Bektashis are a minority, I accidentally thought they were the majority in Albania. There's a lot of ethnic Albanian popstars who seem to get into relationships with non-Muslim men in the US/UK. And what's people's thoughts on Dafina Zeqiri? How do you pronounce agjerojn?

I think he deserves the TS upon his return. Injuries are such a curse to this sport. So many top ranked fighters get sidelined for extended periods of time. Many fighters are not the same after some bad injuries. Most fighters don't even talk about their injuries and how they need to work around them during training. I'm sure their have been and currently are fighters that never reached their full potential due to injuries throughout their career.

yeah, his age does concern me, when all is said and done

he's a freak, but it's obviously harder to heal as quickly when you're in your thirties

and yeah, TS, I think it's pretty heartbreaking that he blew his shot at the real belt from such a strange injury

really hope he recovers fully, and doesn't push himself too hard

Stupidest comment EVER on Sherdog, GSP's resume is filled with HOF or future HOF fighters he defeated. GSP is a PPV draw.

Tony has only fought Lee, RDA, and Barbosa of fighters with merit and has 3 LOSSES.

Stop going full retard.
Why so sensitive? WW accomplishments have nothing to do with MW.

Should get a title shot... but guess that depends on Mcgregor - Khabib. Would suck to have to fight a #1 contender match...

He’ll get his shot at an actual
Title his next fight.

You don’t get to fight Kevin Lee and call yourself champion.

Khabib vs Tony will be great. Or conor as conor is the actual champion.

So it will work
Itself out

Everything says that Tony should get 1st title shot. Unless Khabib and Conor turns out to be a classic with a Controversial Decision.

Tony will get screwed because when Khabib beats Conor, Conor will get an immediate rematch.

With Khabib as champ, when Ferg comes back they will probably book him vs anyone else just to up the chances of not having to book Khabib vs Tony again.

yeah, his age does concern me, when all is said and done

he's a freak, but it's obviously harder to heal as quickly when you're in your thirties

and yeah, TS, I think it's pretty heartbreaking that he blew his shot at the real belt from such a strange injury

really hope he recovers fully, and doesn't push himself too hard
He must stay away from those steel pipes.

giphy.gif

Still the best fight to be made idgaf how many times its been cancelled

I feel badly for Tony. to put together that kind of win streak + stoppage rate, and to bring a unique personality to the UFC...he really deserves his title fight and hopefully he comes back as close to 100% as possible.

Tony's style and solid cardio should serve him well, as he hits his mid-30's...barring injury, I could easily see him near or at the top of the division for several more years.

in a perfect world, Khabib deals with Conor and then Tony gets his title shot. fuck the 'curse'...I still want to see that fight!

Is he even back to full 100% after his injury? Unfair he has to wait so long with LW belt on long hiatus. He should ask to fight Iaquinta for a new interim interim belt.

Tony Ferguson fought his way through the LW rankings. 10-0 in his last ten fights and beat all the top contenders in his division.

An interim belt was created for him because of Conor holding up the division.

Finally gets his first real title shot against Khabib but that gets ruined by some absurd accident on Ferguson's part only a week before the fight.

But no matter how embarrassing Ferguson's shit talk is, to see a warrior like that not even get a sniff at the real belt is kind of sad. The guy has more than earned it.

Now recovering from an injury, in his mid 30s, I just don't see a window for him to conquer that belt.

What do you think are Tony's chances of getting back in there an actually fighting for the title?

What's with all the doom & gloom my man he's already working his body back he's got access to the UFC Institute, the best doctors no waiting in line for TS there's room at the top with Conor "I Only fight small buses now" McGregor out even if he does decide to come back it won't be for any extended period Tony is a fighter he knows with a legacy the money will come. Look for Tony early next year or sooner knowing him...

Back