Tony Ferguson's Situation

Sansnom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Tony Ferguson fought his way through the LW rankings. 10-0 in his last ten fights and beat all the top contenders in his division.

An interim belt was created for him because of Conor holding up the division.

Finally gets his first real title shot against Khabib but that gets ruined by some absurd accident on Ferguson's part only a week before the fight.

But no matter how embarrassing Ferguson's shit talk is, to see a warrior like that not even get a sniff at the real belt is kind of sad. The guy has more than earned it.

Now recovering from an injury, in his mid 30s, I just don't see a window for him to conquer that belt.

What do you think are Tony's chances of getting back in there an actually fighting for the title?

He'll probably get a title shot when he returns or after a win. Sadly I think his best days are behind him. He shouldnt have been showing off for the cameras and kicking steel pipes.

UFC should fly him out to Germany to get that special treatment (or where ever it is)

He got screwed , In my eyes he is the real lightweight champion . He is not like conor who doesnt fight for 2 years even though he is healthy or khabib who use his religion to not fight(Im a muslim too but thats the truth) and talks about being a real champion but as soon as he wins the belt calls for superfights . Tony is the real 155 champion like it or not

Title shot when he gets back but knee problems at LW are usually a big turn towards worse

If he can come back within a year while Conor and Khabib sort things out he should get an immediate TS. If he's out longer than a year then things start to look very grim for him.

First of all, why do you leave a space between each sentence?

Second of all, I think Ferguson's best days are behind him, but he might get an immediate title shot when he returns.

Everything says that Tony should get 1st title shot. Unless Khabib and Conor turns out to be a classic with a Controversial Decision.

He got screwed , In my eyes he is the real lightweight champion . He is not like conor who doesnt fight for 2 years even though he is healthy or khabib who use his religion to not fight(Im a muslim too but thats the truth) and talks about being a real champion but as soon as he wins the belt calls for superfights . Tony is the real 155 champion like it or not
Khabib had never used religion not to fight. You can look on a calendar a year in advance and pinpoint when Khabib is going to take a break.

Injuries have costed Khabib more time than anything.

And the fact you're using religion to try and discredit Khabib makes me doubt you're religious at all.

I had a weird epiphany awhile back that he would take a fight with Nate Diaz in his come back match and, to the surprise of almost everyone, lose.

If GSP gets an immediate TS after sitting out for 4 years then Tony should certainly get one even if he's out for a year. His interim title should have been elevated to the real belt and Khabib should be the interim champ. No way should he have to fight anyone before fighting for the title upon his return. That way Conor can finish Khabib then take out Tony and shut all the haters up for good.

in my eyes he is the real LW champ until Khabib defends against an actual contender .
I would like to see him get a title shot upon his return , If he is still the same Tony he was I can see him beating everyone in the division, Khabib would probably be his toughest match up stylistically

Last edited:
If he could walk through a room without tripping on a cord and tearing his knee up, then he'd probably be champ. Unfortunately, he was unable to accomplish that simple task.

Tony Ferguson fought his way through the LW rankings. 10-0 in his last ten fights and beat all the top contenders in his division.

An interim belt was created for him because of Conor holding up the division.

Finally gets his first real title shot against Khabib but that gets ruined by some absurd accident on Ferguson's part only a week before the fight.

But no matter how embarrassing Ferguson's shit talk is, to see a warrior like that not even get a sniff at the real belt is kind of sad. The guy has more than earned it.

Now recovering from an injury, in his mid 30s, I just don't see a window for him to conquer that belt.

What do you think are Tony's chances of getting back in there an actually fighting for the title?

tony is in a tough spot really.

He’s a more deserving paper champ than Khabib at least.

But to be the real champ you have to beat the real champ or defend your paper belt at least once.

Too bad too sad I guess. He should be first inline for the title shot but we all know Conor is first.

Tony is an animal, he will D'arce the fuck out of Vick, Lee, Alvarez or whoever the fuck they put in front of him.

Than some final destination shit will happen to him or Khabib and we get a wmma main event at UFC 234.

Back