Tony Ferguson's grappling vs Lee......

IamStryker

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Looks even better in hindsight right? Lee's wrestling is very good and he used it to wreck Edson similar to how Khabib did the same thing. Tony's grappling from the bottom straight up stopped Lee in their fight. He first neutralized the advantage Lee normally has on top and then set up a finish with the triangle. It's even more impressive to me now. I would really like to see a rematch between these guys if Tony can come back as good as he was before.

I really don't want to see a gimpy Tony where he loses and then blames his knee.

El Cucuy ain't on one of the longest win streaks at LW by accident.

Dude is a beast everywhere.

He’s got great BJJ, and I’d also love to watch them scrap again healthy (or any of the top LWs really)

That's how phenomenal Tony fucking Ferguson is. The guy is one of the best fighters of his era.

Would like to see non staph Lee fight Tony

I'd be interested to see how good Lee is for sure by him fighting Khabib next instead of Poirier.

I'd be interested to see how good Lee is for sure by him fighting Khabib next instead of Poirier.

That would be great of Tony can be healthy in time. I really don't want to see him rush back and not be at his best.

I think in a 7 fight series, Lee beats Tony Ferguson. Kevin Lee lost to Tony Ferguson, but I don't think he was beaten by Tony Ferguson. Before the fight, I thought Tony would win, but after the fight started, I was surprised that Tony won. The way Kevin Lee lost to Tony can easily be fixed if he has the mentallity to fix it (Kevin missed weight so I am too sure about his mentality).

It almost happened to Kevin Lee again, against Barboza. Kevin was nearly finished in a fight he was completely dominating. That is what I mean by "he lost, but was not beaten."

I think in a 7 fight series, Lee beats Tony Ferguson. Kevin Lee lost to Tony Ferguson, but I don't think he was beaten by Tony Ferguson. Before the fight, I thought Tony would win, but after the fight started, I was surprised that Tony won. The way Kevin Lee lost to Tony can easily be fixed if he has the mentallity to fix it (Kevin missed weight so I am too sure about his mentality).

It almost happened to Kevin Lee again, against Barboza. Kevin was nearly finished in a fight he was completely dominating. That is what I mean by "he lost, but was not beaten."
Tony won the 2nd round and finished Lee in the 3rd.... There is nothing to say Kevin Lee can hang for 25 minutes with Tony.

Tony won the 2nd round and finished Lee in the 3rd.... There is nothing to say Kevin Lee can hang for 25 minutes with Tony.

The fuck? Lee was visibly tired a minute into the second round against Ferguson. All that he had done to that point was dominate Tony on the ground in the first round and do some potshotting on the feet. Did he look anywhere near as tired at any point against Barboza as he was against Tony?

The fuck? Lee was visibly tired a minute into the second round. All that he had done to that point was dominate Tony on the ground in the first round and do some potshotting on the feet. Did he look anywhere near as tired at any point against Barboza as he was against Tony?

The fuck? Tony pushes a much, much higher pace than Edson and makes you work 100x more on the mat than Edson does. That's why he was tired so fast. Tony would do what tony does. Push a relentless pace and break Lee again.

The fuck? Tony pushes a much, much higher pace than Edson and makes you work 100x more on the mat than Edson does. That's why he was tired so fast. Tony would do what tony does. Push a relentless pace and break Lee again.

What had Tony done to make Lee tired by the beginning of the second round?

I give Lee a lot of credit in the first fight. If he had not been caught in the triangle he could have rallied and made it a close fight. Without the staph infection who knows what could happen in the next fight.

What had Tony done to make Lee tired by the beginning of the second round?
Make Lee work his ass off for 5 minutes........ Did you even watch the fight?

What did Edson do to tire Lee? Nothing. That's why he wasn't.

Make Lee work his ass off for 5 minutes........ Did you even watch the fight?

What did Edson do to tire Lee? Nothing.

...and he wasn't working against Barboza? That's the way that you beat Barboza. Constant pressure. Lee was in his face from the getgo, worked hard for TDs, slammed Edson multiple times, and relentlessly passed his guard. Not to mention the 350 strikes that he threw.

I'm sorry, but I didn't see Tony make Lee work harder in the first five minutes of their fight than Lee worked in 22 and half against Barboza.

He gassed because he was sick dude. Claiming that it was Tony's pace that made him tired at the beginning of the second after what we just saw Lee do without getting tired or losing composure is asinine.

...and he wasn't working against Barboza? That's the way that you beat Barboza. Constant pressure. Lee was in his face from the getgo, worked hard for TDs, slammed Edson multiple times, and relentlessly passed his guard. Not to mention the 350 strikes that he threw.

I'm sorry, but I didn't see Tony make Lee work harder in the first five minutes of their fight than Lee worked in 22 and half against Barboza.

He gassed because he was sick dude. Claiming that it was Tony's pace that made him tired at the beginning of the second after what we just saw Lee do is asinine.
Lol k bud. If discrediting tony makes you feel good, cool.

Tony beat him. All your excuses are just that, excuses.

858849834.jpg

Not really

Staph stopped lee

Back