Tony Ferguson's 'elbow from the bottom' strategy won't work imo...

Hard to be crafty with elbows when you are getting your face pounded with brutal gnp from controlling rides. We'll see though. My gut is that that 10th planet garbage is gonna get him beat the fuck up.

Did your twenties just fly by like mine, TS?

Here I am, an absolute child at 32

dude same age here, and until recently i thought i was a child too. A guy at the shop asked me yesterday (sunday) "hey man, how was your weekend, where did you go out" and when i reflected and realised i got drunk and watched TV both Friday and Saturday night.... I am not actually in my twenties anymore.

anyway i spent more than half of my twenties awake when i should've been asleep so maybe i'm just making up for lost time.

The elbows by themselves, I agree.

The constant crazy scrambles combined with the elbows....THAT is what interests me in this fight.

I feel like the crazy scrambles are going to get him mounted like against Kevin Lee. Except against a guy with better GNP.

I am not an expert in grappling, but I have grappled throughout my twenties with bjj and judo..

I just feel like, from my experience that elbowing guys from the bottom who have ELITE top control is a bad idea.

You will be pushing your elbows across the centre line and away from your body, you will also be creating space without controlling your opponent...

Seems like the perfect way to get folded up and passed aggresively...

I will get flamed for this, his team knows far far better than me, but just a thought..

You've never rolled with someone elite, so how do you know?

Why don't you let the guy who is #1 LW in the world determine his own strategy

You can't win a modern high level mma fight by striking from the bottom. Thats not to say tony shouldn't do it if given the opportunity but it sure as hell isnt gonna win him the fight

He might not beat Khabib but he can definitely cut him from the bottom.

You've never rolled with someone elite, so how do you know?

Why don't you let the guy who is #1 LW in the world determine his own strategy

Well I was trying to be relative.

If I am rolling against the chunky round brown belt with insane top pressure at my gym, I am not giving him an inch, because he will take that space and fold me up into a chewing gum wrapper...

As I said in my original post. 10th planets best have a better understanding than me, obviously. But this is an mma discussion forum after all...

Elbows from the bottom are very underrated.. Ferguson vs Lee.. Bisping vs GSP (yeh i know he lost).. Mcgregor vs Mendes

Lee/Mendes/GSP are no fucking slouches from top position but still got in huge trouble as a result (Lee tapped/Mendes koed not long after/GSP busted wide open)

We all know Tony is able to take a lot of punishment.. but is Khabib? Khabib broke Barbozza/Johnson.. nobody has been able to break Tony ever despite him being incredibly hurt on multiple occassions.

Tony catches Khabib with a random spinning elbow to the dome. Jumps on his dazed body and finishes with the RnC.
VhTbydl.gif
Love that jif

Last word in title "imo"

First sentence in thread "I'm not an expert"

You could put your opponent on Queer Street but if they are on top, no judge in MMA will give you the nod from the bottom. They just don't know what they are watching.

It is said, Possession is 9/10's of the law. In this case, it's position, not possession.

And that's the real shame in all this.

They could possibly cause a cut that gets a dr. stoppage. Possibly even lead to a TKO. Not normally the best plan I’ve ever heard of. But for a crazy sub player. Fighting against Khabib. It might be the best path to a possible victory.

Tony is easy money over five rounds, lmao about people calling Kebab the favourite.

Back