Tony Ferguson's Bottom Game

Here's a question.

What elite grappler has Khabib held down?

I'll wait...

Would he need to hold Ferguson down to win, though? He didn't hold RDA down, and still won clearly, and RDA is a much better all around grappler than Ferguson(he's more of a positional guy, though).

Would he need to hold Ferguson down to win, though? He didn't hold RDA down, and still won clearly, and RDA is a much better all around grappler than Ferguson(he's more of a positional guy, though).
Who has Rafael submitted is the question? Tony could armbar or triangle Khabib, I really could see it.

Rafael kept getting up, he didn't really "hold him down" - same thing with Abel Trujillo, didn't he take him down something like 20 times.

Ferguson is much more threatening off his back than those guys, and he's on the best run of his career.

We all know that dos Anjos hadn't peaked at the time of that fight - sounds like an excuse, but I don't mean it to be.

Who has Rafael submitted is the question? Tony could armbar or triangle Khabib, I really could see it.

There is more to jiu jitsu than going all out for crazy submissions that, if they don't pan out, leave you in a bad position. RDA is a positional guy, much like Maia or Shields.

How is it against good grapplers? Sure he tapped Tibau, but that is really it.

If you want to use Tibau for a common denominator, same can be said about Johnson, and we all know how Ferguson beat him...... (sarcasm)

I am not hating on Ferguson, but a lot of sherdog posters seem fixated that Ferguson can beat him from his back and even tap him too.

But what grapplers has he beat? Sure, he can get to his feet, but even against Barboza, he tried a rolling heel hook (I think it was a heel hook, or kneebar), Barboza put all of his weight down and Ferguson was stuck there, he did strike Barboza from the position, but it seemed like he would have to change his position greatly to even have a chance of tapping him.

I am not saying it is impossible that Ferguson taps him, but in reality; he has ridiculous submissions attempts from his back, however I don't think it will catch Khabib. If he tries these rolling attacks, he will just be stuck on bottom for a round as it wasn't all that long ago that Castillo held him down...

Thoughts?
I am of the same thought about his grappling. If he tries to get tricky with gramby rolls and stuff he's going to get put in a bad position. Khabib has better hips/control.

Last edited:
Triggered twice in the same thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol you are still going on about this? Poor kid. It must suck being so angry all the time.

Lol you are still going on about this? Poor kid. It must suck being so angry all the time.

The triple trigger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back