tony ferguson training style credit thread

I’m glad we finally have a Tony appreciation thread without comparing him to mctapper or khabib that just encourages their fans to shitpost.

upload_2018-9-23_22-51-33.jpeg

It's all fun and games until he slips a disc haha

Totally agree with you. The sport is evolving and this will always be this way. Its a blessing to have such creative thinking fighters that try new things to get better, even though it might look weird and funny af at some times, but it is clearly working for them.
Exactly. If training didn't evolve we'd still thinking the longer you run the better, big muscles = stronger, and water is weakness.

I remember when high level sports teams started to do pilates and focus more on stretching/recovery...people thought they were nuts and "that's woman's training". Same with nutrition - Soccer players would finish the game and start drinking and smoking in the change rooms - now everything is sorted from the food, to their sleep, right on through to sitting down with a psychologist to see where their head is at. Got to do all you can and tick all the boxes because this isn't some 1993 shit any longer.

His workouts and technique are completely insane but it seems to work for him perfectly and they're fun to watch. Hopefully he stays healthy.

They work because of his recovering ability and his cardio which somewhat go hand in hand.

They work because of his recovering ability and his cardio which somewhat go hand in hand.

From a cardio standpoint of course I agree but his technique often isn't the best. Respect to him for making it all work.

Back