tony ferguson training style credit thread

Bumblebeef

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
ferguson has a style of training thats pretty streetish and i love that man.
tonys training routine is very unusual but it works well like hes fighting in the octagon.

if u are a martial artist that doesnt like to fight/train in a linear conservative way u should watch out to follow ferguson on instagram..

most UFC fighters are just posing around to share social steatments... "im driving a car" "look my baby" "i wear fashion" "look what i eat" "look what i drink" blabla.. i mean thats ok but...

its kinda like oprah celebrity games for men. its cringe to see that stuff all the time.

but tony? he gives a shit about it and just shows that hes a real fighter that has to proof something to him and the world as a martial artist.

Last edited:
Cucuy is legit CuCrazy, and that's what makes him such an entertaining fighter.

His rolls in the middle of a war always bring the lulz. Guy gives zero fux and just goes for broke.

wp-1449871615644.gif

VyqiZj9.gif

His workouts and technique are completely insane but it seems to work for him perfectly and they're fun to watch. Hopefully he stays healthy.

Tony gets played with by the UFC and its fans but he deserves so much more respect. Can't wait when Tony gets a title shot. He really deserves this.

I mean if we are extending the trend of not shaming mental illness, then yeah we should applaud Tony's training methods...as well as give that trainer at AKA an award for his leg extension machine advice

I like his workouts. He’s different and creative; definitely thinks outside the box and doesn’t just rely on whatever everyone else is doing. That said I still often think...
70E7062F-30D3-4A91-95FD-A9781BF8E231.gif

Tony gets played with by the UFC and its fans but he deserves so much more respect. Can't wait when Tony gets a title shot. He really deserves this.

thats the reason why i look out for ferguson and zabit lately. they just wanna show new level martial art for martial artists (and fans) in the cage.

ferguson with the crazy takedown and zabit with his last sub.

ferguson has a style of training thats pretty streetish and love that man.
tonys training routine is very unusual but it works well like hes fighting in the octagon.

if u are a martial artist that doesnt like to fight/train in a linear conservative way u should watch out to follow ferguson on instagram..

most UFC fighters are just posing around to share social steatments... "im driving a car" "look my baby" "i wear fashion" "look what i eat" "look what i drink" blabla.. i mean thats ok but...

its kinda like oprah celebrity games for man. its cringe to see that stuff all the time.

but tony? he gives a shit about it and just shows that hes a real fighter that has to proof something to him as a martial artist.

I like it that people say a lot of shit about:

- Tony in MMA - "he fights too weird, he trains weird, awful technique, he gets lucky and somehow wins" - meanwhile he is 13-1 in UFC, losing only a decision due to a broken hand and he didn't got himself injured more than fighters with conventional training

- Winder in boxing "sloppy technique, he is no good, bro, he gets lucky and somehow wins" - meanwhile he is 40-0 in boxing, KOing every opponent he has ever met...

Meanwhile...

Sherdog at its contradictory best.

Conor trains movement and outside the box training = doofus, waste of time, touch butt.

Fergie does something different = wow, creative, thinking outside the box, good on him.

thats the reason why i look out for ferguson and zabit lately. they just wanna show new level martial art for martial artists (and fans) in the cage.

ferguson with the crazy takedown and zabit with his last sub.

Its natural that people deem things that they are unfamiliar with as ''crazy'' or ''weird''. But these guys came to change the status quo and the old thinking of MMA. Tony was the front runner but hes getting older. Zabit is the new generation of MMA fighters, who like Tony, seems to have it all. The ''weird'' guys are the ones to look out for and I fucking love it.

You have a point. Gotta admit.
I'm not saying what Tony is doing is wrong. Hey you got to do what you can to mix it up, have some fun, stay motivated, and there's no point training in the same way as everyone else. We still don't know what training is the best and information is always changing.

But yeah...the shit one cops vs. the other for differing methods is crazy. I enjoy watching what others bring to the table tbh - creative freedom.

Sherdog at its contradictory best.

Conor trains movement and outside the box training = doofus, waste of time, touch butt.

Fergie does something different = wow, creative, thinking outside the box, good on him.

conors training routine fits his fighting style and gives him the good opposite to that power and timing he has to get more fluid. he knew basic boxing from cage warriors and mixed in some Jean Claude Van Damme`ìsh training methods and studied movement in mma based fights, bringing traps in and all that stuff.. to get more smooth in the cage and get the slick combinations in timings he need to intense the damage in short time frames.. he mixed in a karate stance as well.... so hes kinda a boxer puncher with the ability of using the karate philosophy of setting up and executing in time.

but the thing is that conor is more a social media guy and thats the reason why people love him or hate him. he doesnt really give him the chance to see him as a martial artist more like a social gucci party coke but i have familiy an im good character.

Last edited:
I'm not saying what Tony is doing is wrong. Hey you got to do what you can to mix it up, have some fun, stay motivated, and there's no point training in the same way as everyone else. We still don't know what training is the best and information is always changing.

But yeah...the shit one cops vs. the other for differing methods is crazy. I enjoy watching what others bring to the table tbh - creative freedom.
Totally agree with you. The sport is evolving and this will always be this way. Its a blessing to have such creative thinking fighters that try new things to get better, even though it might look weird and funny af at some times, but it is clearly working for them.

Back